Thread: Red Sky

Member Array

Default Red Sky

Does anyone know whether the Red Sky cake by Megaton

http://www.pyroreview.com/gallery/sh...cat/all/page/1

is the same as the Red Sky cake that Patriotic carries and is labelled "AFW"?

http://www.patfire.com/products/aeri...shot/19096.htm

Default Re: Red Sky

No, they are two different cakes.
    Out of 365 days, I live for one day, the 4th of July!

Member Array

Megaton Red Sky is one of the prittiest cakes I've seen.

Isnt red sky by megatron a 500g cake? Red sky by afw is a new 36 shot 200 gram cake packed 12/1
    Never fear....the 4th is less than a year..

Quote Originally Posted by jman
    Isnt red sky by megatron a 500g cake? Red sky by afw is a new 36 shot 200 gram cake packed 12/1
    I dont think Red Sky is a 500g. It is probably a 300g cake... It is packed 6/1 IIRC?

I think Red Sky is a 500 gram cake, but I could be wrong.
    Out of 365 days, I live for one day, the 4th of July!

JamesG

Mega Ton Red Sky is not a 500g cake.

By the way, the 2005 version of this cake seemed to have less of the red pearls and more of the gold accents surrounding them. Still beautiful, but not quite the same as 2004.

Got the Red Sky last year from Hubbard and was not impressed with this one.
    And yes the case pack is 12 and it's 200grm.

JamesG

What brand of Red Sky did you get? It wasn't Mega Ton. The Mega Ton Red Sky is packed 6/1. It's about the size of a small 500g cake, but it falls under that 300g+ category that Dawg mentioned. A 12/1 case of these would be huge and almost too hard to handle.

James the red sky he is talking about is an AFW 200g cake packed 12/1. Wfboom has it in their lineup. Description on it says: 36 shot repeater with red tails to red stars with crackling. Exclusive AFW item $46.56. I had it in my cart, thought it looked and sounded good in the description. But Mr Pyro says he got it last yr and was disappointed so I have removed it from my order at wfboom. They list it under their new fireworks for 2006 but apparentley it was around last yr. also.

The Red Sky and Sky Garden cakes have been around as "generic" cakes for YEARS. I'd put them in the "assortment filler" category- Cakes that probably used to be good when they first came out, but have since declined in quality. They were just made AFW items, that's why they appear on the new for 2006 list. I have no idea why they chose these two to make house brand items, as the AFW stuff is usually very good. Perhaps these are new and improved versions??? Also notice, Aquarian and Century Garden are now AFW's too. Makes me wonder, since it's well known that Century Garden was watered way down last year.

On a MUCH better note, they got Sun Shower for this year!!! The video for this was very impressive, beautiful brocades shot at a nice pace, so that the sky is always filled with gold glitter. Basically, it's Rules of Game minus the mines. I sure hope he gets more `06 cakes from Glorious!!! Esp, Super Value, Tropical Typhoon, and Picture perfect!!! Vibrant and Starry Starry sky look good too.

I've been looking for Super Value for a long time- long before this cake was invented! I love that effect!

Quote Originally Posted by Pyroman6000
    The Red Sky and Sky Garden cakes have been around as "generic" cakes for YEARS. I'd put them in the "assortment filler" category- Cakes that probably used to be good when they first came out, but have since declined in quality. They were just made AFW items, that's why they appear on the new for 2006 list. I have no idea why they chose these two to make house brand items, as the AFW stuff is usually very good. Perhaps these are new and improved versions??? Also notice, Aquarian and Century Garden are now AFW's too. Makes me wonder, since it's well known that Century Garden was watered way down last year.

On a MUCH better note, they got Sun Shower for this year!!! The video for this was very impressive, beautiful brocades shot at a nice pace, so that the sky is always filled with gold glitter. Basically, it's Rules of Game minus the mines. I sure hope he gets more `06 cakes from Glorious!!! Esp, Super Value, Tropical Typhoon, and Picture perfect!!! Vibrant and Starry Starry sky look good too.

I've been looking for Super Value for a long time- long before this cake was invented! I love that effect!
    I emailed wfboom today about those cakes you mention. I know they told me the other day that finale-freeball was on its way and that I could put it on my order if I wanted it. I will let you know what they say about the other cakes.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    What brand of Red Sky did you get? It wasn't Mega Ton. The Mega Ton Red Sky is packed 6/1. It's about the size of a small 500g cake, but it falls under that 300g+ category that Dawg mentioned. A 12/1 case of these would be huge and almost too hard to handle.

Yep those Megaton 6/1 cases are pretty heavy aren't they.?
    You moved a bunch of them last year.

The guys who have shot them a lot said the 2005 version changed and liked
    the older one better but I still love the cake.

JamesG

I moved quite a few of them, but those containers I helped unload were all WC, Brothers, and Boomer. I'm just glad it wasn't those 6/1 cases. I doubt I'll volunteer for that again. It made cutting tobacco seem like a pie job. LOL.

I still love the Red Sky, too. It's just a little different. If I hadn't fired so many, I probably wouldn't have even noticed a difference.

I moved quite a few of them, but those containers I helped unload were all WC, Brothers, and Boomer. I'm just glad it wasn't those 6/1 cases. I doubt I'll volunteer for that again. It made cutting tobacco seem like a pie job. LOL.

I still love the Red Sky, too. It's just a little different. If I hadn't fired so many, I probably wouldn't have even noticed a difference.
    Doesn't this cake have gold in it now?

JamesG

It's always had some gold "accents" around the red stars, but the 2005 version seemed to have more of the gold and the stars were pale and almost pink.

It's always had some gold "accents" around the red stars, but the 2005 version seemed to have more of the gold and the stars were pale and almost pink.
    Yeah, I'm kinda like you on this James, it was much better the first time I fired it in 2004, the red strobing/glittering whatever you want to call it was so much more clear and pronounced. The ones I had this past 4th had way too much gold accent and the red didn't stand out much.

Darin.

"the red strobing/glittering whatever you want to call it "
    Darin.[/QUOTE]
    thats funny darin I often find myself doing the same thing when trying to describe something. Kinda like flying fish/swarmming bees whatever Your description has actually helped me though. Max performance 500g cake by cannon has the effect you described and until now I have always had trouble describing it but what you wrote is perfect because it is a red strobbing/glittering type effect.

[/QUOTE]
    thats funny darin I often find myself doing the same thing when trying to describe something. Kinda like flying fish/swarmming bees whatever Your description has actually helped me though. Max performance 500g cake by cannon has the effect you described and until now I have always had trouble describing it but what you wrote is perfect because it is a red strobbing/glittering type effect.
    [/QUOTE]

Glad I could be of assistance/help whatever you want to call it.

Darin.