How can a person get a 1.3g fireworks License
    whats required
    for buying
    seting off them fireworks
    and storage
    of a small quanilty
    of 10 cases

Default Re: how does a person get a 1.3g fireworks License

Send me $500.00 and I'll take care of Ya.

Just kidding

You can get all of the necessary info, documents and forms here: http://www.atf.gov/dcof/index.htm

The above Shortcut is compliments of "Soonerkid". It took about 30 seconds to find it with a PyroU site search of "1.3 license". Do the same search and read to your heart's content, then when you are really confused , come back and we will help Ya sort it out.

Welcome to the forum Happy! Glad to have Ya!

EDIT-
    The BATFE regs are really simple, it's the local laws that can thow you a curve. It would help us a lot in answering your questions if you gave us a hint as to where in the heck you are.
    Last edited by Marty; December 6th, 2006 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Added Local Law Caveat
    'Life should end at the grave skidding in sideways - A salute in one hand - Lit match in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'What a Ride!'

Here's one example of what it took for a guy in NY to get legal for making his own fireworks. You say you just want to buy/store/use 1.3 products, which would be a lot easier, but this gives you a general idea. (Please note that this site was written in the late 90's, pre-9/11. These days, things are a bit tougher.)

http://www.pyropage.com/GettingLegal/GettingLegal.html
    To get the right word in the right place is a rare achievement. - Mark Twain

Pyro Haiku
    If we burn money,
    Might as well be colorful
    And make lots of noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty View Post
    The BATFE regs are really simple, it's the local laws that can thow you a curve. It would help us a lot in answering your questions if you gave us a hint as to where in the heck you are.
    Right on the money....Providing you're not a felon, and can meet the storage requirements, the fed license is not too bad.

State requirements are another issue, many states require licences and/or permits to shoot. Some have their own additional magazine requirements. And you know they're gonna charge what they can.

GK
    Carpe Noctem

Have fireworks. Will travel. Array JoeRatman's Avatar

Moved from laws and politics
    Licensed MN Outdoor Fireworks Operator
    Licensed MN Indoor/Proximate Fireworks Operator
    CDL with hazmat endorsement

You may want to find a local Pyro club, in your state...or a 1.3g company...both of them will have already poured over the state and every local rules and regs...and give you the low-down on how to go about it...but since your looking to purchase...a good place to start is getting your BATFE license...be prepared for a long drawn out expensive process...

And I hope you don't live in Illinois...after last year its just getting ridiculus...
    Extreme Pyrotechnics LLC
    Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources Explosives Handler
    Illinois OSFM Lead Operator
    "BATFE DOT NFPA DNR OSFM pyro is alphabet soup"
    Finale Fireworks
    cjurczak.com

Happy,

Please use the SEARCH facility of this fine forum! We have talked about, talked about and TALKED about how to legally shoot 1.3g. Note - better be 21 years of age before thinking about your own permit!

Standard Prerequisites for the BATFE App (form 5400.13):

NOT a fugitive from Justice
    NOT an unlawful user of, addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant or narcotic drug or other controlled substance?
    NOT under indictment or information in any court for a felnoy or any crime for which the judge could imprision that person for more then one year?
    An alien in the United States?
    Presently appealing a conviction of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year?
    NOT been adjudicated mentally defective?
    Been discharged from the armed forces under dishonorable conditions
    Renounced his or her United States citizenship?

Finally, the last GOTCHA:

Must demonstrate that you have:

1) Ability to store fireworks in a BATFE certified magazine

OR

2) A letter of contigency storage from an existing magazine owner

Usually the vendor (if they are not too far away) can provide you a letter of contigency storage, but don't ASSUME so....

There are several threads already in the Display section that talks about requirements and prerequisites on doing 1.3g display fireworks.
    BATFE FEL Permittee
    IL & MO Lead Operator
    Voting Member, NFPA
    PGI Member
    CDL Class C License w/Hazmat Endorsement & J-10 Restriction
    BHFPD Firefighter & Illinois First Responder Defibrillator

Just so that you are aware the 5400 chapter is no longer the legal document for the regulations for explosives. It is the latest "published" document but if you ask the local ATF agents you will find that the regulations that are used now are CFR title 27 chapter II section 555, "commerce in explosives". I had my interview with the ATF in mid November and was informed that it actually takes an act of Congress to get the new publication authorized. There are some differences between that and the old 5400 version especially where purchasing of fireworks in a contiguous state did not require a federal license, it now does. If you are interested in NY regulations you will have to check with the department of Labor under chapter 39. Mind you I had an interview with them also and there are changes in the chute for NY also, one being the magazine type regulations. They are getting in line with the feds on this matter. To be quite honest the local agents were an extremely tremendous help and all offered to help with anything that I needed. If it is NY that you are interested in getting it for PM me and I will help you with anything I can.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyMo View Post
    Here's one example of what it took for a guy in NY to get legal for making his own fireworks. You say you just want to buy/store/use 1.3 products, which would be a lot easier, but this gives you a general idea. (Please note that this site was written in the late 90's, pre-9/11. These days, things are a bit tougher.)

http://www.pyropage.com/GettingLegal/GettingLegal.html
    wow this is really good information i live in NY and this is alot of help cause i didn't even know where to begin

Quote Originally Posted by danger21b View Post
    wow this is really good information i live in NY and this is alot of help cause i didn't even know where to begin
    As this thread is almost 8 years old, some of the information has changed. I'd start here. Also contact your local ATF field agent. And there's this

A bunch of licensed pyros here from NY who may be able to steer you in the right direction too.
    9th Annual St. Louis Group Shoot | Ohio Fireworks Law | Northeast Ohio Pyros
    Ohio Licensed Lead Exhibitor | BATFE Type 54 | PGI Member/Certified | President NEOPG

Member Array

Mega bump!

Almost a day-1 necro topic, congrats on finding it haha
    Member: Northwest Pyrotechnics Association
    http://npaclub.org/