Thread: Fireworks Tents (Buy or Rent)

Default Fireworks Tents (Buy or Rent)

Could anyone give me any leads on renting or buying a fireworks tent for the upcoming seasons? What is the base price of each for a medium sized tent? I am located in the middle Tennessee area.

Also a question about the premise and product insurance that wholesale companies sell. Does it only apply to their products? I did use the SEARCH option, but got no good answers.

Thanks for any and all help!

Snakes and Sparklers Array HerrLoll's Avatar

Default Re: Fireworks Tents (Buy or Rent)

This might be a good place to start:

http://www.celinatent.com/index.htm

Check out the American Flag print on page 35:
    http://www.gettent.com/catalog.pdf
    Asking a true pyro how much a show cost to put on is like asking an artist how much a painting costed to paint... It's a ridiculous and stupid question.

As far as insurance is concerned it depends on the wholesaler - you should ask a sales rep. I know that one of my wholesalers insurance only covers their product - so I buy from my other wholesaler.

When you rent a companys tent...say a wholesaler, they usually have all that you would need to get started. What I have personally witnessed this very season was the controll of the wholesaler that owned the rented equipment, he was pissed off that the renter was selling other items than the wholesaler sales. So be carefull when renting...some have strings attached to thier tent it seems and when I asked the tent opperator if he had some kind of deal worked out with the wholesaler "he said no" and that his only agreement was for the tent rental.
    Last edited by maxblast; July 19th, 2012 at 10:03 PM.

The man behind the madness Array Diamond Dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sirdanny View Post
    Could anyone give me any leads on renting or buying a fireworks tent for the upcoming seasons? What is the base price of each for a medium sized tent? I am located in the middle Tennessee area.
    Mitch Hale has a tent building out back on his lot. He has over 300 tents. He will rent or sell you whatever size tent you want. Just call Buffalo and ask to speak to Mitch or Billy.

Diamond Dave
    America
    Land of the free......Because of the brave

Most towns of over 10-15K people will have someone locally that rents tents. I use to rent a 20x40 for 500 bucks. Could also get a 30x50 for 1000 bucks. Open the phone book and look up rental companies. If they don't offer them ask if they know who might. If they don't have an answer try a party store or a wedding store. They might know of someone. Also try someone that rents porta potties.

You can buy premise liability insurance for roughly 300 bucks. This does not cover product. Just some idiot falling on the ground while shopping and hurting themselves. Product liability that covers multiple vendors and including premise coverage for the entire year will run you slightly south of 3K. This is much better insurance than what you would get through a vendor...it covers everything not just their product.

Don't forget tables, fans, cash register, credit card machine....
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

MEMBER PGI
    Charter Member PTPG Fargo, ND

www.brookings-black-powder-fireworks.com

Quote Originally Posted by stuntborg View Post
    Don't forget tables, fans, cash register, credit card machine....
    Storage, security, port-a-potty, chairs, price tag stickers, pens, papers, other misc bs...

Quote Originally Posted by stuntborg View Post
    Just some idiot falling on the ground while shopping and hurting themselves.
    Sadly, most people have probably witnessed that multiple times.

Member Array

I rented a tent in the Knoxville area for the season just ended. It was a 30x60 tent. The tent, twenty tables and extension cord was a little over $1,300. The tent leaked and was not in good repair. The name of the rental company was All Occasions Party Rentals 865-588-1131.

Thanks for the heads up. I think that a tent that leaks would not be that good for the product

Quote Originally Posted by cejcpa View Post
    I rented a tent in the Knoxville area for the season just ended. It was a 30x60 tent. The tent, twenty tables and extension cord was a little over $1,300. The tent leaked and was not in good repair. The name of the rental company was All Occasions Party Rentals 865-588-1131.

Do people usually use the frame type tents or the pole type tents?

Quote Originally Posted by sirdanny View Post
    Do people usually use the frame type tents or the pole type tents?
    I've seen both. I used a poll tent and it did have some leaks. Its not really that big of deal as long as you know where they are and plan for it.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

MEMBER PGI
    Charter Member PTPG Fargo, ND

www.brookings-black-powder-fireworks.com

I recommend renting because it saves a lot of hassle for you. However, be sure to rent from a reputable company who will maintain their tents if there are any storm related issues. It's well worth the extra money. If you need to secure the tents with weights, be sure that they use concrete weights and not water barrels.

A good rule of thumb is 7.5 pounds of weight per square foot of tent.

If you do decide to purchase a tent, we have many used, sturdy tents for sale.

Tents For Rent
    Daryl Sensenig
    http://paevent.com/tfr

For years we rented, but then we got some of the frame & cable tents and I'll never go back to the old school tents. Me and a very small crew can put up our tent in a matter of a couple of hours and take it down even faster. It's worth the investment to buy a good tent. If you want, you can rent them out yourself during the off season for wedding receptions, etc. Plus they look so much better and different than all of the other tents people are used to seeing and having no middle poles frees up space inside the tent.

Another I would definitely recommend to anyone is switch from the old school light strings to high efficiency compact florescent bulbs. I have 4 of them (the large helicricals) on each of the 3 middle poles pointing upwards and it's as bright as a Wal-Mart in my tent. They use a fraction of the watts that you would need to sufficiently light a tent, which is great especially if you're running off of a generator, plus it's safer and you don't have to worry so much about changing the bulbs or the bulbs burning a hole in your tent. And dealing with 12 bulbs is much easier than several strings of incandescents with 15-20 bulbs per string.
    Last edited by pyrovisuals; July 31st, 2012 at 02:15 PM.