Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cobra 18R2-- Musical Script

Default Cobra 18R2-- Musical Script

I am wondering if anybody has an example of Excel music script they did they dowloaded to USB for the 18R2. Right now, looking into either
    18R or 18R2. This will be my 1st time going Efire for 2013 so not sure if I'm moving a bit too fast here??

I guess right now without seeing a script in Excel, I am baffled how the 18R2 reads everything from the Excel and knows exactly when to shot everything. Seems Awesome!!

Thanks!

Default Re: Cobra 18R2-- Musical Script

Quote Originally Posted by DCraig007 View Post
    I am wondering if anybody has an example of Excel music script they did they dowloaded to USB for the 18R2. Right now, looking into either
    18R or 18R2. This will be my 1st time going Efire for 2013 so not sure if I'm moving a bit too fast here??

I guess right now without seeing a script in Excel, I am baffled how the 18R2 reads everything from the Excel and knows exactly when to shot everything. Seems Awesome!!

Thanks!
    Have you looked @ this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjTBVEmcdYIhttp://
    Chris,
    BATFE Type 54-User of Fireworks (DISPLAY) Permitted 2/1/2011
    Co-Owner of Ky Pyro Creations,LLC

Here are the examples found on the Finale Fireworks website. The Cobra Excel file is the 2nd one down under "Exported Scripts". Finale Fireworks, if you haven't checked it out already, is a great program and you get a discount when you purchase it with your Cobra from Cobra's website.

http://www.finalefireworks.com/features/exportexamples

Geek, Pyro, Patriot Array BobThePyro's Avatar

Scott also provides a sample Excel file.
    http://www.cobrafiringsystems.com/cobra.xls
    Remember to save your script as cobra.csv into the root of the USB thumb drive or the 18R2 won't be able to find it.

Here's his documentation as well:
    http://www.cobrafiringsystems.com/CO...ingScripts.pdf
    WARNING: May post before caffeine is installed.

"If you think education is expensive, try ignorance." - Derek Bok

Last one to become a supporting member is a vegetarian!

In addition to Excel and Finale Fireworks Pro, we also have our own script making software that allows for synchronization to music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7WEyudL7-o

You can download here for free:

http://www.cobrafiringsystems.com/scriptmaker/setup.msi

Kyboom, Summit, Bob and Scott thanks a ton for the links/info.
    When I get home will view everything unless I become a sliced up gringo in Little Havana today, down in Miami for work.

I own the cobra system and love it! Get the 18 r2, easy choice. The script maker Scott is offering for free is awesome, the only thing is that you cant edit music within the program and starting the music and the script at the same time can be tricky. There is a way to speed up or slow down the script during the sequence, but to be honest I am hoping a tutorial will come out for that. It seems easy enough, but with the thrill of the moment and the fear of messing the show up I didn't want to mess with it.

Quote Originally Posted by cobrafiringsystems View Post
    In addition to Excel and Finale Fireworks Pro, we also have our own script making software that allows for synchronization to music.

That is absolutely cool, so even though this is free download, what makes finale better than the cobra scripting software? It seems like I can achieve about the same with the free version as opposed to paying 200.00. What are your thoughts, Scott?

Scott knows what he is doing a great guy to buy from for sure
    Owner of S & D PYRO TEAM
    ATF Type 34 Permit
    Illinois Display Operator License
    Illinois DNR Explosives License
    Missouri Display Operator License
    Kansas Display Operator License
    CDL/w Hazmat

Quote Originally Posted by big show View Post
    That is absolutely cool, so even though this is free download, what makes finale better than the cobra scripting software? It seems like I can achieve about the same with the free version as opposed to paying 200.00. What are your thoughts, Scott?
    End result of a working script is the same. Scott's program is very useful in creating a good script for your show. Finale just takes the scripting and management of a show to a whole-'nother level.

With Finale Fireworks, you get a simulation to view of the show. Very useful to see what your show will look like...and if you're doing a show for someone, they can see what the result should look like in order to approve it. In addition to simulations of 1.3 shells/cakes, Finale even has some Dominator consumer 1.4g cakes simulated along with a good assortment of their 1.4Pro products. It also allows you to create your own cakes. Finale will also print out labels to place on your product so you know exactly where it goes in your show, along with a lot of other useful tools/diagrams for setting up, keeping track of inventory, etc...

Finale also has a free "game" version that you can download to play with and create a show. Of course if you want to save the shows, you'll need to purchase the $14 version. But to get the actual script, you'll need the $200 Pro version.

....Right now, looking into either 18R or 18R2. This will be my 1st time going Efire for 2013 so not sure if I'm moving a bit too fast here??.....
    If you're going to buy, you might as well go with the 18R2 right out of the gate. The 18R2 does everything the 18R does, and then some.
    Why short-change yourself for only a $150 (approximatley) difference?
    Just my opinion.
    Last edited by lava; July 18th, 2012 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lava top View Post
    If you're going to buy, you might as well go with the 18R2 right out of the gate. The 18R2 does everything the 18R does, and then some.
    Why short-change yourself for only a $150 difference?
    Just my opinion.
    +1 Even if you want to start slow, I guarantee you will want to advance in the years to come and the 18R2 will give you the opportunity to do that. You have plenty of time to perfect your music and scripting for 2013.

Member Array

One of the big features with the Finale software is when you pick a shell it has normally been set up with a prefire time to allow for ignition and lift. This is important when using different size shells. When utilizing the cobra program then you have to predetermin that in when you want to place your cue.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakazona View Post
    I own the cobra system and love it! Get the 18 r2, easy choice. The script maker Scott is offering for free is awesome, the only thing is that you cant edit music within the program and starting the music and the script at the same time can be tricky. There is a way to speed up or slow down the script during the sequence, but to be honest I am hoping a tutorial will come out for that. It seems easy enough, but with the thrill of the moment and the fear of messing the show up I didn't want to mess with it.
    I came up with two possible solutions for starting the script and music in synch. I was at Kmart one day and found this http://sondpex.com/products/catalog/...roducts_id=370 for $50. I put my music on SDHC card and simply insert the card while starting the script (much easier than it might sound). I was really surprised at how loud that little thing was. For a backyard show it worked great, very loud and was not drowned out by the fireworks when it was sitting about 40 - 50 feet from the audience and 100 - 200' from the fireworks.

The other solution is was to add something like Michael Buffer's "Let's get ready to rumble" to the beginning of the soundtrack. As soon as he says his bit and a split second before the music starts I start the script. Works really well.
    Member NLPC/PGI/MAPAG

MAFF 2011 One Fuse
    MAFF 2012 "Music of the Night"
    PGI 2013 Class C Unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by Oakazona View Post
    What if you already have the music edited say thru Audacity then saved?? Will that work with Scott's script maker??

Quote Originally Posted by goneshootin View Post
    The other solution is was to add something like Michael Buffer's "Let's get ready to rumble" to the beginning of the soundtrack. As soon as he says his bit and a split second before the music starts I start the script. Works really well.
    Exactly what I did except with the 20th Century Fox theme....then just waited for the hard hitting beat I wanted my show to start and Boom! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEXYtKeBQbo

What if you already have the music edited say thru Audacity then saved?? Will that work with Scott's script maker??
    Yes it will. Export it as an MP3 or Wav file.
    Last edited by goneshootin; July 18th, 2012 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Incorrect answer
    Member NLPC/PGI/MAPAG

MAFF 2011 One Fuse

Yep Just export your Audacity project as an mp3 the load the mp3 file in the Cobra Script maker

EDIT: Too slow

Quote Originally Posted by thymer View Post
    Yep Just export your Audacity project as an mp3 the load the mp3 file in the Cobra Script maker

EDIT: Too slow
    You actually gave him the correct answer when you said export it instead of save it like i did. You can only save as an Audacity project file which won't work in the script maker software.
    Member NLPC/PGI/MAPAG

MAFF 2011 One Fuse

Good points thymer/goneshootin. thanks. Made a copy of this for future reference.

I agree with SummitPyro, COBRA Script Maker (CSM) and Finale Fireworks Pro are birds of a different feather.

CSM is a very lite application that targets the new user who is looking for a quick and easy way to design a show they have already thought out in their head, or put down in the software to allow for some organization while also allowing for a simple way to assign a cue to a point in the music without having to play the music in an MP3 player and hand-write down the times. Over time, CSM will target the prosumer / small show market.

Finale Pro is a more powerful system used for visualizing the show by the designer for both setup and show, creating a video for prospective clients, and tracking inventory / product, just to mention just a few things they do. COBRA may overlap some of these functions, but on a much lighter approach without all the bells and whistles. This does not mean that COBRA cannot be used for larger shows, but rather the CSM software application helps those small show professionals / prosumers more easily bridge the gap to scripted firing while also providing a cleaner and quicker solution for smaller events. The next 3 to 6 months will reveal more of the direction we are heading with some new features.

Quote Originally Posted by big show View Post

I hope i get a chance to showcase some of those newer features at MAFF.
    Member NLPC/PGI/MAPAG

MAFF 2011 One Fuse

Scott, I really like your script making software. Seems pretty easy. My question comes with multiple songs in my show. So for next year, I plan on doing say 6 songs. If I export to the software should I have all my songs edited already thru audacity (example), saved as mp3, then all the songs say with a title of "4th of July 2013" export that mp3 file with all songs to the software?? Then I can place the cues, channels, and fill out the categories accordingly??
    Will that work?

OR

Would it be easier to do each song individually so I would have 6 different files?

Not sure how that works with multiple songs....Thanks!

Yes, I would suggest using Audacity to create your show soundtrack with the 6 different songs. Cut them together as it makes most sense, then export to an MP3 file named July 4th 2013.mp3 as you stated. You can then import the MP3 file into CSM and start placing the cues and channels. I performed three shows this year and started creating my shows from the beginning of the soundtrack. If I got to a part where I needed to shorten or length the song segment, I then made the change in Audacity, re-exported, and imported again replacing the current MP3. Each time I created a backup (e.g. July 4th 2013_rev1.mp3, July 4th 2013_rev2.mp3, etc...). If I needed to roll back, I imported the previous file. This way you don't need to re-do your show for each mp3 rev, rather just build from the start to the end. Once your at the end, your done, export to the 18R2 and do your dry run.

Hope this helps.

Scott

Yes, I would suggest using Audacity to create your show soundtrack with the 6 different songs. Cut them together as it makes most sense, then export to an MP3 file named July 4th 2013.mp3 as you stated. You can then import the MP3 file into CSM and start placing the cues and channels. I performed three shows this year and started creating my shows from the beginning of the soundtrack. If I got to a part where I needed to shorten or length the song segment, I then made the change in Audacity, re-exported, and imported again replacing the current MP3. Each time I created a backup (e.g. July 4th 2013_rev1.mp3, July 4th 2013_rev2.mp3, etc...). If I needed to roll back, I imported the previous file. This way you don't need to re-do your show for each mp3 rev, rather just build from the start to the end. Once your at the end, your done, export to the 18R2 and do your dry run.

Hope this helps.

Scott
    Helped tremendously Scott... Extremely excited for the 18R2 and your software. Seems easy, enjoyable, and rewarding!! Wish the 4th was next week. lol

Helped tremendously Scott... Extremely excited for the 18R2 and your software. Seems easy, enjoyable, and rewarding!! Wish the 4th was next week. lol
    What... no NYE show?
    Member NLPC/PGI/MAPAG

MAFF 2011 One Fuse

Member Array

What about Labor Day? That is way before NYE.
    BATF Type 54
    PGI Certified Member
    COBRA 18R2 - - MAFF
    NEOPG Ohio Assistant
    Have Fun. Be Safe. SALUTE

Ha you guys funny. Bad enough I gotta hide buying the Cobra system from the wife. Plus, South florida and my town especially, Lighthouse Point, are not firework friendly areas. Now, for the 4th I usually
    head up north to my home state of Indiana to where that would be no problem.

I just recently had to sneak buying a nice pair of Maui Jim sunglasses and usually have to sneak buying some basketball shoes because of my quantity on hand. But I usually tell the wife "hun, but you know I wear size 15 they are so hard to find" excuse when I buy a pair of hoop shoes.

Anyhow, long story and long answer, unfortunately I will not be buying any 'works' until next 4th.

Member Array

Quick question for the cobra software users. I am scripting a show which will be timing cake/shells only with random music until I get to the false finale which will be actual timed to a piece of music. Using finale fireworks I can just export two scripts and run them one after the other. With the cobra software it asks if you want to script to a sound track or not. If I select "no", and put the timings in for the first part of the show with no sound track, then make a second script set to a music track how do I start the music and the second scipt simultaneously if the script has already been downloaded to the remote and the music is played from a laptop? What would be the best way of doing this?

Skweeky,

1) Is your question how to technically start the music and script at the same time when you reach your false finale?

If yes, then you need to press the play button on your music source and script trigger button on the 18R2 at the desired point in time.

2) Or, are you looking to have a single script that executes your random music and choreographed music back to back in a single script?

One suggestion is to include the random music into the same audio file that begins during your false finale. This way you can start the whole show in the beginning and allow everything to execute together from start to finish.

On a side note, for any of those attending PGI, we are debuting / demonstrating a new product for audio synchronization we'll be releasing more information on later this year. Stop by to demo our new goodies We are currently scheduled to execute two large-scale (1,000+ event) pyromusicals (one Wednesday night, one Friday night) using the 18R2.

Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    Quick question for the cobra software users. I am scripting a show which will be timing cake/shells only with random music until I get to the false finale which will be actual timed to a piece of music. Using finale fireworks I can just export two scripts and run them one after the other. With the cobra software it asks if you want to script to a sound track or not. If I select "no", and put the timings in for the first part of the show with no sound track, then make a second script set to a music track how do I start the music and the second scipt simultaneously if the script has already been downloaded to the remote and the music is played from a laptop? What would be the best way of doing this?