Thread: Moter city fireworks?

Default Moter city fireworks?

Anyone ever heard of or shopped at a motercity fireworks?Theres one opening around the corner from me but their website doesnt list to much about what brands they carry.

Default Re: Moter city fireworks?

I just know that Motor City Fireworks out of .. "The Motor City" Michigan

http://www.motorcityfireworks.com/

The owner "Jim Burda" also owns Red Apple Fireworks in Pahrump, NV

http://www.redapplefireworks.com/

And they have a website listing wholesale prices and items available.

http://fireworksbycase.com/fireworks...l#.T8r3O1IcxIQ
    Last edited by leeca; June 6th, 2013 at 05:28 PM.
    APWC/ NPA/ WPA
    Tech copies: Fool me once shame on you... Fool me twice shame on me!

Purveyor of Cosmic Debris Array Jimbo's Avatar

They suck....go to Exit 11
    PGI & BPG Member

"The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced."
    ― Frank Zappa

Member Array

I stopped at the motor city fireworks thats behind exit 11 a couple weeks ago to just look around and they carried a lot of BIG's products. They carried a few others as well but i can't remember which ones. I do remember seeing Excals and exterminator shells but thats the only thing from world class and megabanger i remember seeing.

Member Array

If all you need to do is pick up a few items, prices are not horrible. If i remember correctly, any 24 canister pack was in the ball park of 2 for $100.

Are you talking about the one in Taylor?

Member Array

Yeah I agree...go to Exit 11 if your in the Monroe area. Motor City Fireworks is opening stores in Taylor and Mt Clemens. The store in Monroe I shopped at alot when they had buy one get two free. Now that they are back to bogo thier prices are high but they have a nice selection. They are friendly and knowledgeable. ( least at that location) Switched to Exit 11 since they hooked me up last few times with freebies and such for my bday & being a repeat customer. Appreciation goes a long way with me.

Member Array

i am actually surprised to see so many locations now. I have been to the original one in Monroe, but the website shows they have tons of locations now.

I figured i would never see locations close to home. Now i have 3 different companies within 15 min of my house.... Rather drive to bigs though any day =]

http://www.motorcityfireworks.com/locations/

Quote Originally Posted by uhhhevan View Post
    i am actually surprised to see so many locations now. I have been to the original one in Monroe, but the website shows they have tons of locations now.

I figured i would never see locations close to home. Now i have 3 different companies within 15 min of my house.... Rather drive to bigs though any day =]

http://www.motorcityfireworks.com/locations/

They are also out west now...in Nevada I believe.
    PGI & BPG Member

― Frank Zappa

Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    They are also out west now...in Nevada I believe.
    Do they use the same name? I am assuming not because it wouldn't make much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by uhhhevan View Post
    Do they use the same name? I am assuming not because it wouldn't make much sense.
    I don't think so. I've read in a few of the threads about stores in Nevada, and Motor City buying an existing store or opening one. It caused some strife over a company from that far away opening up shop or something like that. Maybe one of the west coast guys can answer better....Leeca?????,
    PGI & BPG Member

― Frank Zappa

Member Array

I don't think so. I've read in a few of the threads about stores in Nevada, and Motor City buying an existing store or opening one. It caused some strife over a company from that far away opening up shop or something like that. Maybe one of the west coast guys can answer better....Leeca?????,
    oh okay. That would make the most sense... thanks

Black Jacks was holding two fireworks dealers licenses and Motor City managed to get one from them and they started Red Apple in Pahrump with it. Pahrump only allows 6 and they exposed Black Jacks for hording two just to avoid competition. Now Motor City has upset the apple cart a bit with lower retail and adding wholesale that they never had before.
    History always repeats itself. Back in the day Black Jacks was the only fireworks store in Pahrump. Back in those days they were selling a brick of firecrackers for $40.00 but then Phantom came to town and started the BOGOF retail and forced Black Jacks to lower prices. Same kind of thing is going on now in Pahrump. None of the fireworks shops had good websites until Phantom added fireworks.com. Outlaw had one but it was never really kept up to date but at least that had prices posted. Then Alamo came along with a website that was a bit closer to being up to date like Phantoms and Now Re Apple has a top notch system in the shop that looks to be connected to the wholesale website system. During the busy season the older shops never really saw a need for website because they were getting all the business they could handle but just during the recent demos during the off season you could see Red Apple getting some of Area 51's customers because of Red Apples whole website and up front prices making it so much easier to shop.
    Last edited by leeca; June 3rd, 2012 at 08:03 PM.
    APWC/ NPA/ WPA

Quote Originally Posted by SwainBros View Post
    Are you talking about the one in Taylor?
    Mt clemens.

Never been to Motor City. Always shopped at Exit 11. I'm waiting for the Mt. Clemens store to open up so I can check it out. I drive by it everyday hoping it's open. I've seen a lot of activity around the store the past few days, and a sign went up on the front of the building.

Quote Originally Posted by 929ryder View Post
    Never been to Motor City. Always shopped at Exit 11. I'm waiting for the Mt. Clemens store to open up so I can check it out. I drive by it everyday hoping it's open. I've seen a lot of activity around the store the past few days, and a sign went up on the front of the building.
    They have a nice colored neon sign up now....lol. Probably gonna open pretty soon.

Speaking of Motor City I see Elissa Burda is pictured in crainsdetroit, they are having issues with Macomb County as the Circuit Court judge denied an injunction request that could have allowed Monroe-based Motor City Fireworks LLC to operate a temporary business tent on M-59 in Sterling Heights.

Looks like that are expanding fast..

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...FREE/120609962
    APWC/ NPA/ WPA

In monroe I always get my excals there for the price. Everything else I go to exit 11 the owner greg and workers are helpful and friendly. So I reccomend you go to exit 11.

I travel over 250 miles to shop at Motorcity Fireworks. I have for years. Elissa and her staff are awesome and extremely friendly. I have been buying by the case from them for years. they have a great selection and prices are competitive with anyone. Highly recommended

The previous post is a paid advertisment........................
    use fireworks,not drugs!Even though the laws make it easier to use drugs!

^^^No doubt....kinda makes it more obvious to stay away

I believe they have only been in existence foe a few years, but that person has been "shopping there for years"....wanting it to sound like 10-15 years.
    PGI & BPG Member

― Frank Zappa

New Member Array MotorCitySarge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leeca View Post
    I just know that Motor City Fireworks out of .. "The Motor City" Michigan

http://www.motorcityfireworks.com/

The owner "Joe" also owns Red Apple Fireworks in Pahrump, NV

http://www.redapplefireworks.com/

And they have a website listing wholesale prices and items available.

http://fireworksbycase.com/fireworks...l#.T8r3O1IcxIQ
    Sorry, but the owner's name is not Joe.

New Member Array MotorCitySarge's Avatar

Motor City Fireworks, under the previous name of Burda Brothers, Inc. has been in the fireworks business here in metro Detroit for 35 years now. So yeah, I had been shopping there for 28 years previous. Now what do you have to say?