Thread: Pyro Universe, the site has given us many great things outside of Fireworks

Default Pyro Universe, the site has given us many great things outside of Fireworks

I would just like to take a minute to express that this site contains real, genuine, people who go out of their way for other people which
    starts with many of the companies that we buy our wholesale fireworks from.

But really, I write to tell a brief story on 2 guys from the Pyro U board that have gone out of their way for me.

Hooked on Pyro
    HeyRichard1983

Both these guys, who I've been talking with either helped me get product(s) or worked with me to order product including some difficult logistics. It all started
    thru PM's, then escalated to exchanging ph. no.'s etc...

This is some of the 'behind the scenes' benefits of the "PU" that goes unseen by those looking in. Its great having people to collaborate with, trust, and be
    involved with fireworks.

Thank you Pyro U and all the great members of this small community. Continue to good things for other members as the favor(s) will be returned some day.

Default Re: Pyro Universe, the site has given us many great things outside of Fireworks

I'll add a "bravo" "three cheers "hip hip her-ay" .... I also do appreciate all the help over the years. Living in NY I have no space to "practice" what I do for my legal 4th show in PA. So much of what I learn is from reading here.
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that is has taken place." (George Bernard Shaw)

Member Array

Default Re: Pyro Universe, the site has given us many great things outside of Fireworks

This has been the place to go for all your pyro needs... great people and information!!!

Thread moved to "Thank You" Forum since it's kind of a thank you to Pyro Universe.

I completely agree that it's the things that happen "behind the scenes" that sometimes makes this place a community and not just an online forum. I was going through my phone contacts the other day and realized that about half my contacts are people I've met here on the U. There's nowhere else on the web like Pyro Universe.
    AKA "Tim Lawnchair"
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
    Become a supporting member!

Quote Originally Posted by tcape View Post
    Thread moved to "Thank You" Forum since it's kind of a thank you to Pyro Universe.

I completely agree that it's the things that happen "behind the scenes" that sometimes makes this place a community and not just an online forum. I was going through my phone contacts the other day and realized that about half my contacts are people I've met here on the U. There's nowhere else on the web like Pyro Universe.
    Yeah, I agree. My entire 'P' section in my Address Book is full of PyroU (enter usename)..

yeah, I have met some really great people from these forums, MikeB, hooked, afflicted, jimbo, mittens, catfish, johnr, nater, peeps, strobes, pogue, ned, satan, mitch, ipyro, rockin man, cexshun, berger, thumper, crater, shrapnel, cuda, cowboy... the list goes on and on and I could be here all day... almost every single person I have met in real life was very very cool, and some of them I will be friends with until the end of time. Joining a club (HPA in my case) was one of the best things I have ever done with my free time, and it would never have happened without PyroU.

Also, a big shoutout to Nelson from Waynes World, Brian from RKM, Jeff from Victory Fireworks, and of course Joyce Kneppy.
    Last edited by echostorm; May 19th, 2012 at 10:24 AM.
    PGI Member
    BATF 1.3g Type 54
    http://www.youtube.com/user/xechostormx

I feel like if you are helpful and respectful to others, they generally show the same to you. It's nice to have a community with common goals and interests, however.
    That's unpossible! -Patrick Star

It seems like a main 'Thank You' thread erupts at least once every year, I guess this is it!

Well.. some of you know me...most of you don't. My names Chris, or "The Dude"..

Stumbling upon PyroUniverse as a young-teen was definitely one of the greatest things to happen to me. It made me realize I wasn't alone in this hobby, and that being this crazy-in-love with fireworks is actually normal. I remember scrolling through the Gallery at 4am every night just wishing I had a stash like the ones pictured. I knew one day, I too would have a stash to call my own and still have both my arms and legs. Enough about me.. I have made my fair share of mistakes, some of them related to members/groups of this forum. What an idiot I am... Some may have let it go, but I sure haven't. I beat myself up all the time for what I had previously done in Mentone.. Other days I tell myself to let it go.. Easier said than done though, right?

Sorry for ranting on about the past, but the past reflects our future. What I am trying to get at is that, I am sorry to let my own "family" down and I am very thankful to still be welcomed here and have access to the loads of useful information that has been and continues to be provided by pyros alike.