Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 47

Thread: snap fireworks

  1. #1
    Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    arizona
    Posts
    135

    Default snap fireworks

    heard from a few property owners and tent companies that snap fireworks skipped town and didnt pay there bills ! don't know if it's true but it came from a good source! if it is true that makes other vendors look bad!

  2. #2

    Default Re: snap fireworks

    Did you ever of the word RUMORS?
    Better check your FACTS before you say something like that!
    www.kneppysfireworks.com
    "Fireworks isn't just for July 4th anymore!"
    Member NFA, PaPyro Artists, WNYPA, Pa. Pyrotechnics Assoc., NLPC, NEOPG, PGI Cert.

  3. #3
    Member Array Domtar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Baldwin, WI
    Posts
    509

    Default Re: snap fireworks

    Kinda hard for a company to "skip town" when they are a national distributor. Pretty easy to track down if there where any outstanding commitments. Also a lot of Snap tents are owned and operated by individuals so who knows who is responsible for what.

  4. #4

    Default Re: snap fireworks

    Haha it always, "came from a good source"...

  5. #5
    Member Array IndianaPyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lafayette, IN
    Posts
    561

    Default Re: snap fireworks

    I heard they were bought out by Jakes....
    PGI Member
    HPA Member

  6. #6
    Member Array Pyro Chuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Rock River, WY
    Posts
    554

    Default Re: snap fireworks

    "Men don't plan to fail, they fail to plan."

    "THE" Fireworks Song
    Nearly Naked Fireworks

  7. #7
    Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    arizona
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jknepp1954 View Post
    Did you ever of the word RUMORS?
    Better check your FACTS before you say something like that!
    it came direct from the tent company

    it's real easy to skip town they closed there wharehouse and left ! and they are not selling this season ! so iguess the property owners and tent companies are making it up? doubt it ! they had way to many locations here and lost there ass!
    Last edited by JoeRatman; May 8th, 2012 at 06:09 PM. Reason: merge sequential posts

  8. #8

    Default Re: snap fireworks

    Quote Originally Posted by weeping willow View Post
    it's real easy to skip town they closed there wharehouse and left ! and they are not selling this season ! so iguess the property owners and tent companies are making it up? doubt it ! they had way to many locations here and lost there ass!
    Wasn't there just a SNAP group buy? It's also real easy to start a rumor...

  9. #9
    Member Array Domtar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Baldwin, WI
    Posts
    509

    Default Re: snap fireworks

    Quote Originally Posted by weeping willow View Post
    it's real easy to skip town they closed there wharehouse and left ! and they are not selling this season ! so iguess the property owners and tent companies are making it up? doubt it ! they had way to many locations here and lost there ass!
    Like I said they are a national distributor that obviously still operates from multiple warehouses. If there are outstanding business obligations I am sure the parties involved would have a clear path for resolving their issues. I am not sure if you think they only operated in AZ or what but very clearly you are only aware of part of the story (If there even is a story??). I am sure if you PM oldschool (Brent) from Snap he could answer any burning questions you might have.

  10. #10
    Member Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Northern Minnesota
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: snap fireworks

    weeping willow I suggest you call Brent at Snap Fireworks and find out whats going on. They just had an awesome singles sales about 3 weeks ago. I was there personally and spent almost 700 dollars. Snap treats us way too well for this kind garbage to come out without being 100 percent positive. I would sure hate to lose his overwhelming generosity because of something like this. PLEASE CHECK YOUR FACTS

  11. #11

    Default Re: snap fireworks

    Weeping willow...

    Didn't I delete a threa a month ago in which you were attacking other arizona retailers? I will have to check into it tonight. I'm suspicious that you are a competitor looking to bad mouth someone.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

    MEMBER PGI
    Charter Member PTPG Fargo, ND

    www.brookings-black-powder-fireworks.com

  12. #12
    Member Array AZ Pyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    134

    Default Re: snap fireworks

    I just emailed Snap about this, see if I get a reply.

  13. #13
    Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    arizona
    Posts
    135

    Default Re: snap fireworks

    Quote Originally Posted by stuntborg View Post
    Weeping willow...

    Didn't I delete a threa a month ago in which you were attacking other arizona retailers? I will have to check into it tonight. I'm suspicious that you are a competitor looking to bad mouth someone.
    first of all this was told to me from the property owner and a tent company , in my initial post i mentioned it !i did not say it was true. until everyone questioned it, if you were down here in az and heard the same things not just from from the property owners but from other retailers you would have also believed it and if i wanted to bad mouth them i could have mentioned everything i was told and i know snap sells in other states i did not mention there buisness elsewere only in az. as far as competition goes i dont realy have any around me ive done very well ! compared to all the other companies main reason is i dont gouge!or create fake suggested retail tags at 800% percent mark up so that i can get 500% i live here and a lot of locals are upset how the out of state companies came in and pissed off a lot of local fire districts and cities causing no cooperation! from them and now most have left . peoria was going to lift there ban till an out a state company got nailed selling illegal fireworks out from under the counter in peoria twice!!!

  14. #14
    Member Array Domtar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Baldwin, WI
    Posts
    509

    Default Re: snap fireworks

    What a pointless thread.

  15. #15
    Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    arizona
    Posts
    135

    Default Re: snap fireworks

    so are most of the threads on this site!

  16. #16

    Default Re: snap fireworks

    Quote Originally Posted by weeping willow View Post
    so are most of the threads on this site!
    If I had the power to, I would give you a permanent vacation! We don't need people like you who appear to be here to do harm to the community. Even if most of us have never met one another, I like to believe we are a tight knit family.

    EDIT!
    Last edited by Dude; May 8th, 2012 at 03:12 PM.

  17. #17
    Member Array fashionheadhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Weldon Spring, MO
    Posts
    4,833

    Default Re: snap fireworks

    next he is going to claim that snap took away all the capital letters, too.
    Guy walks into the local military recruiting office.
    Sergeant says, "So you want to help defend the country?"
    Guy says, "No, I just want salutes."

  18. #18

    Default Re: snap fireworks

    Quote Originally Posted by fashionheadhunter View Post
    next he is going to claim that snap took away all the capital letters, too.

    You didnt hear? It is now, $|\|@P

  19. #19
    Member Array FRB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    2,524

    Default Re: snap fireworks

    Quote Originally Posted by weeping willow View Post
    so are most of the threads on this site!
    Not true at all....
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that is has taken place." (George Bernard Shaw)

  20. #20
    Member Array FRB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Western NY
    Posts
    2,524

    Default Re: snap fireworks

    I like to believe we are a tight knit family.
    Yes, I believe that too...
    Last edited by FRB; May 8th, 2012 at 03:20 PM.
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that is has taken place." (George Bernard Shaw)

  21. #21
    Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    arizona
    Posts
    135

    Default Re: snap fireworks

    Iv'e ben a member since 2006 and there is a reason why ! i have so few post! anything l i post i get responses !like the ones iv'e seen. considering the politics i deal with daily !IN CALFORNIA IT'S NOT WORTH MY TIME TO CAPITALIZE I ONLY MENTIONED INITIALY WHAT I HEARD ! NEVER SAID IT WAS FACT ! BUT IN MY OPINION I THINK IT IS I KNOW THERE ARE A BUNCH OF MEDICAL POT CARD HOLDERS ON THIS SITE ! YOU CAN THANK GUYS LIKE ME FOR SHELLING OUT TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FOR CAMPAIGNS AND LAWYERS AND IVE DONE THE SAME FOR FIREWORKS IN CALIFORNIA AND HERE IN AZ

  22. #22
    Member Array Domtar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Baldwin, WI
    Posts
    509

    Default Re: snap fireworks

    Quote Originally Posted by weeping willow View Post
    Iv'e ben a member since 2006 and there is a reason why ! i have so few post! anything l i post i get responses !like the ones iv'e seen. considering the politics i deal with daily !IN CALFORNIA IT'S NOT WORTH MY TIME TO CAPITALIZE I ONLY MENTIONED INITIALY WHAT I HEARD ! NEVER SAID IT WAS FACT ! BUT IN MY OPINION I THINK IT IS I KNOW THERE ARE A BUNCH OF MEDICAL POT CARD HOLDERS ON THIS SITE ! YOU CAN THANK GUYS LIKE ME FOR SHELLING OUT TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FOR CAMPAIGNS AND LAWYERS AND IVE DONE THE SAME FOR FIREWORKS IN CALIFORNIA AND HERE IN AZ

  23. #23

    Default Re: snap fireworks

    You win Domtar! This is hilarious!!


    weeping willow for PRESIDENT..

  24. #24
    Member Array fashionheadhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Weldon Spring, MO
    Posts
    4,833

    Default Re: snap fireworks

    Oh, so you are going to use the "I never said it was fact" card?

    Yeah, well, the problem with that is you deserve all the bashing you get.

    Let me illustrate how your logic doesn't work....

    So I was talking with a few people and they are real upset with the militant gays in Arizona....some group called weeping willows....they go into all the tourist areas with signs for gay rights and take off all their clothes, trying to get all the straight people to leave. Then they pass around bongs and do impromptu rehearsals for La Cage Aux Folles. What do you guys think?

    You see how that works? Not too fun, huh?
    Guy walks into the local military recruiting office.
    Sergeant says, "So you want to help defend the country?"
    Guy says, "No, I just want salutes."

  25. #25
    Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    arizona
    Posts
    135

    Default

    this site has gone down hill that's why happens when you don't screen the members for bad genes and that's probably why half the members don't log on anymore that's the sad part! isn't snap located in WI. maybe that's why domtar has his doubts

    Quote Originally Posted by fashionheadhunter View Post
    Oh, so you are going to use the "I never said it was fact" card?

    Yeah, well, the problem with that is you deserve all the bashing you get.

    Let me illustrate how your logic doesn't work....

    So I was talking with a few people and they are real upset with the militant gays in Arizona....some group called weeping willows....they go into all the tourist areas with signs for gay rights and take off all their clothes, trying to get all the straight people to leave. Then they pass around bongs and do impromptu rehearsals for La Cage Aux Folles. What do you guys think?

    You see how that works? Not too fun, huh?
    yeah i have guns lot's of them but im not gay ! and i don't smoke grass but i am in a militia!

    Quote Originally Posted by weeping willow View Post
    yeah i have guns lot's of them but im not gay ! and i don't smoke grass but i am in a militia!
    is this what you wanted to here you think everyone is a militant here because im not
    Last edited by stuntborg; May 8th, 2012 at 03:31 PM. Reason: merged sequential posts

  26. #26

    Default Re: snap fireworks

    Did he just quote himself? ^

    Quote Originally Posted by weeping willow View Post
    yeah i have guns lot's of them but im not gay ! And i don't smoke grass but i am in a militia!
    You! Love! Ex!clamation!! Marks!!!

  27. #27
    Member Array fashionheadhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Weldon Spring, MO
    Posts
    4,833

    Default Re: snap fireworks

    Quote Originally Posted by weeping willow View Post

    is this what you wanted to here you think everyone is a militant here because im not
    that's not what the tent companies and property owners said....LMFAO
    Guy walks into the local military recruiting office.
    Sergeant says, "So you want to help defend the country?"
    Guy says, "No, I just want salutes."

  28. #28

    Default Re: snap fireworks

    Weeping Willow...

    First, I've dealt with Brent for two years now as have many Pyro Universe members. He has treated us extraordinary well. Last year SNAP attended their first PGI. It was great to see Brent there. The only way to describe it is childhood joy. He has dealt with Pyro Universe and myself specifically with the utmost integrity.

    You come on here with basless allegationsions. Your comment in a PM about being raised by a lawyer is laughable considering you don't know what a sentence is. I did some checking:
    A lovender'snders have Arizonaizona due to the lack of enough cities allowing use .and that has hurt sales . so far WINCO ,ALAMO, SNAPP, and numerous local guys have thrown in the towel this makes me happy my sales have always ben real hopefullyefuly now they will be super !! i do feel bad for alamo though they are nice guys and have ben hit with drought issueTexastexas . winco has made a lot of people mad here though!as for snapp they dug there own hole bye saturating the valley with to many locations . i get my stuff from flying phoenix in riveWyomingoming as i have for 20 yrs i urge anyonWyomingomUtah,utah, or any other close state to do the same !! they have the best selection hands down west offMississippisippi
    Does this look familiar? Yet another attempt by you to attack other vendors. IF there are tent companies in AZ thalegitimateitimant gripes with Snap then they need to take it up with Snap. They have a contract. What you have is a RUMOR. I detest rumors. They can only cause trouble.

    Finally I want to deal directly with your overload statement. Snap does not sell overloads. That isn't to say that a Snap tent vendor wasn't selling something under the table. An individual with a contract with Snap may sell something under the table in violation of his contract. Snap has little control over this but will deal with it if it is brought to their attention.

    I suggest you now go back to your cave.
    Last edited by stuntborg; May 8th, 2012 at 03:48 PM.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

    MEMBER PGI
    Charter Member PTPG Fargo, ND

    www.brookings-black-powder-fireworks.com

  29. #29
    Member Array AZ Pyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    134

    Default Re: snap fireworks

    I emailed Brent Bjerstedt earlier and heard back from him and he said the bookkeepers looked into all accounts with tent vendors and they are all paid, bookkeepers also looking into possibles leases. I'm sure if this were true and the way the media is in Arizona and their witch hunt on fireworks, this would have been made public statewide.

  30. #30
    Member Array Domtar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Baldwin, WI
    Posts
    509

    Default Re: snap fireworks

    Yeah, I talked to Brent as well. He is going through everything before posting anything because that is what real business people do. Quite the contrast to how Mr. willow has handled himself. It is crap like this that makes me glad most people on this site are great folks. Otherwise vendors would never give us the time of day.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •