Thread: consumer tubes

Default consumer tubes

howdy fellas, it kills me to even ask but if anyone in the northern ohio area or southern michigan area has extra consumer mortars that they dont need laying around i could really use some , all of my racks were destroyed earlier this year when a 100 foot oak smashed my garage during a storm. i lost about 400 tubes in the mess and its gonna really hamper any chances of a good safe show this year if i have to buy all new tubes cause theres no way i can afford replacing them all right now.
    so , that being said, if anyone has spare ones they arent planning on using i would greatly appreciate it, even the good quality cardboard ones will do. thanks in advance for any help!
    people shake their heads at the extent we go through for a good show,,,,,,but they are the first to shake your hand and tell ya how great its was after

Light up the sky! Array PYROBOOM's Avatar

Default Re: consumer tubes

I'm guessing if the were HDPE some or even many should have survived. Or are they something else? HDPE is pretty good stuff.

I'll tell you what. How about I help you out. I'll send you a dozen DR11 12" mortars if you like. Shoot me a PM with your shipping info.
    PGI Member PYROBOOM, LLC

i was able to salvage the 80 HDPE tubes i have, the racks were trashed but the tubes seem fine. the tree came down and seemed to be aimed right at the stacks of racks. i know the HDPE tubes can take alot of abuse but worried about all the fiberglass ones being fractured n such and didnt want to risk anyones safety so all of those and the good cardboard ones went in the dumpster. the tree guys said that a tree that size weighs about 25-30,000 lbs so the garage didnt stand a chance
    this is one of the things that i love about this site! fellow pyro's looking out for one another! thanks man, youre good people!
    people shake their heads at the extent we go through for a good show,,,,,,but they are the first to shake your hand and tell ya how great its was after

epyro, i have been a member of this site for about a year. and in that year i have seen you step up and help out alot of people. you are truly a good person.

I've got about 50 or so Fiberglass tubes you are welcome to. They are the old fiberglass tubes from pro shell kits and such, but have the bases broken off and cleaned up a bit. Most likely will need to replug some of them or fill with fiberglass resin. If you are willing to cover shipping I'll send them your way. PM me if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by pcwIII View Post
    epyro, i have been a member of this site for about a year. and in that year i have seen you step up and help out alot of people. you are truly a good person.
    Eric's a great guy for sure. One of the most genuine, giving guys on this site.
    AKA "Tim Lawnchair"
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
    Become a supporting member!

Light up the sky! Array PYROBOOM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JTpyro View Post
    I've got about 50 or so Fiberglass tubes you are welcome to. They are the old fiberglass tubes from pro shell kits and such, but have the bases broken off and cleaned up a bit. Most likely will need to replug some of them or fill with fiberglass resin. If you are willing to cover shipping I'll send them your way. PM me if interested.
    Very nice. Reps to you.
    PGI Member PYROBOOM, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by epyro View Post
    I'm guessing if the were HDPE some or even many should have survived. Or are they something else? HDPE is pretty good stuff.

I'll tell you what. How about I help you out. I'll send you a dozen DR11 12" mortars if you like. Shoot me a PM with your shipping info.
    Eric your awesome they way you help everyone out. Reps to you!
    PGI Member

thanks JT , pm sent. once again , good people all over this site, cant wait to meet some of you at PGI this year

Quote Originally Posted by epyro View Post

all I can say is wow!, you offered help and help you did, only two days since and they are sitting on the kitchen counter! thanks a ton!