Thread: Moving fireworks

Default Moving fireworks

Have a thought on a moving wall of fireworks. If what i describe is against the rules mods please close. The thought i have is could one take something like exotic and run the tubes in a straight line. One from one end and one from the other kinda like the train wreck to meet in the middle. If so any other cakes that might be a better choice? This would be for a backyard show and was trying to get the effect on a smaller scale.
    Probly should of said walking wall maybe. As works will be stationary. Would start from left and right side to meet in the middle. Thought someone had video and called it train wreck.
    Last edited by mortar; May 2nd, 2012 at 03:35 PM. Reason: unclear

Default Re: Moving fireworks

At the last FPAG 4F festival we had a bunch of big moving set pieces. One of which was an elaborate "train wreck" piece. Towed with an APV...
    Fireworks....yay!

*LOL* I'm going to have a 12' Godzilla that moves for my show this year..

Quote Originally Posted by mortor View Post
    Have a thought on a moving wall of fireworks. If what i describe is against the rules mods please close. The thought i have is could one take something like exotic and run the tubes in a straight line. One from one end and one from the other kinda like the train wreck to meet in the middle. If so any other cakes that might be a better choice? This would be for a backyard show and was trying to get the effect on a smaller scale.
    Probly should of said walking wall maybe. As works will be stationary. Would start from left and right side to meet in the middle. Thought someone had video and called it train wreck.
    Like a wall of 76 pro line 1 second flame pots started from either end and meeting in the middle triggering a mine wall?

Quote Originally Posted by cdbtx View Post
    *LOL* I'm going to have a 12' Godzilla that moves for my show this year..
    We had one of those too... Well, it was a ~30' fire spitting dragon (line rockets to huge salutes & cremoras)
    Fireworks....yay!

goneshootin thats the thought but i would like to do it less expensive. So my idea was to straighten out the strings in a cake like exotic or a color pearl. Do this on a smaller scale and have them run back and forth a couple times. Say 50-60 feet wide.

Are going to fuse it or efire it?

Talking about dissecting cakes is against forum rules.

A comet or mine wall is a great idea. Critical Acclaim mines are beautiful.

The "train wreck" idea is from the 2009 PGI convention in Mason City and it was done with cremoras

AKA "Tim Lawnchair"
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
    Become a supporting member!

Tcape sorry I had a different view of dissecting a cake. As I am not refusing or taking parts from the cake. Kinda thought along the lines of a roll of crackers taking the paper off and unrolling. And then fusing together.
    Would be efired from both ends to start. Want to go into center and back like a z cake.

Quote Originally Posted by tcape View Post
    Talking about dissecting cakes is against forum rules.

A comet or mine wall is a great idea. Critical Acclaim mines are beautiful.

The "train wreck" idea is from the 2009 PGI convention in Mason City and it was done with cremoras
    Those are cool and have been done for many years, usually with "wall of fire" type effects with fuel bags.

The one at 4F was 2 large train set pieces that were towed towards each other. It's probably been done in the past, but a cool thing to see.
    Fireworks....yay!

This is my favorite Train Wreck video. Can't recall how many times I have watched it...

Thats the video that i was thinking of. Want to do something like that but on a smaller scale. I think the neighbors would sh!t If i tried to do the real thing in a backyard show.

Thats the video that i was thinking of. Want to do something like that but on a smaller scale. I think the neighbors would sh!t If i tried to do the real thing in a backyard show.
    I might try something like this minus the cremoras. I am going to substitute the cremoras with Big Balls leading up to a few multi-colored CA's with some noise.

You could always use smaller cremora's

You could use single shot comets instead of the cremoras

Quote Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
    hmmm... Comets coming out of the giant crackling ball would be nice... thanks for the idea!

Definatly gonna try it this year maybe the comets to 4 or 5 CA mines quick fused together my own mini train wreck.

Have fireworks. Will travel. Array JoeRatman's Avatar

I have done similar things, to start a show, but only one line of fireworks instead of the two (train wreck style).

My favorite is to have a line of fireballs (cremoras) that go to the center of the fireworks. The line starts either from the left or right of the main location of the fireworks. As each fire ball is fired, it gets closer to the fireworks. The last one is right next to the fireworks or in the midst of them. Then I start the show. It looks like the fireballs are starting the show. Sometimes I will have the fireballs start close to the audience and them move away to the fireworks. I have also had them go from the fireworks to the audience. One time I had five fronts, so I had a line of cremoras going from the audience to each of the fronts.

I have also used this technique with giant cracker balls. You fast fuse the crackerballs and put an igniter on one end. The cracker balls and fuse burns to the center of the show and you hit the cue when the last cracker ball goes off.

Another really awesome technique is to use line rockets or pigeons. You put a gerb or a rocket on a cable that ends up at the center of your fireworks. The show starts with the line rocket shooting across the field and ending up in the center of the fireworks, you then start the show.
    Licensed MN Outdoor Fireworks Operator
    Licensed MN Indoor/Proximate Fireworks Operator
    CDL with hazmat endorsement

After reading this thread, I have been thinking of ideas on how to really enhance the wow factor! Here is my idea, let me know what I can do to either make this as safe as possible or make it more intense.

Starting on both ends the giant crackling balls will be quick fused towards the center and make a 90 degree turn towards the crowd where a row of QM'ed giant crackling balls will head into the direction of the spectators (of course this will be kept at a safe distance) and then when it hits the end of the giant crackling ball run, a few CA's and girandolas?

Any input to this idea is greatly appreciated as this is just another rough draft idea.. thanks for reading!

Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    Starting on both ends the giant crackling balls will be quick fused towards the center and make a 90 degree turn towards the crowd where a row of QM'ed giant crackling balls will head into the direction of the spectators (of course this will be kept at a safe distance) and then when it hits the end of the giant crackling ball run, a few CA's and girandolas?

Any input to this idea is greatly appreciated as this is just another rough draft idea.. thanks for reading!

I've seen this done a few times. A case of crackling balls (Kryptonite) were "raced" toward the crowd. It looked so amazing that many people jumped and some dove/ducked!
    Fireworks....yay!

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzK View Post
    I've seen this done a few times. A case of crackling balls (Kryptonite) were "raced" toward the crowd. It looked so amazing that many people jumped and some dove/ducked!
    If anyone has any video of this being done, please post it. This sounds very cool!

Would it be neat to do two lines racing towards the crowd and then a bunch of them at the "finish line"?

A small train wreck segment and crackle balls racing toward the crowd should make this a forth to remember. Any crackle balls better than the others?

A small train wreck segment and crackle balls racing toward the crowd should make this a forth to remember. Any crackle balls better than the others?
    Kryptonite, Big Balls, Fiery Balls, Giant Crackling Balls... All the same. Not sure if they have changed though... I don't plan on using the case I have until I have another..

Dude, I would give this some thought; If you're planning on setting up a special effect that could frighten your spectators, I would be sure to advise them first, assuring them they are about to see a special effect and no one will be in danger. You don't want anyone to panic and run for it, tripping over lawn chairs, Etc. Parents with children could get really upset if they thought their kids were in danger for just a second.

Dude, I would give this some thought; If you're planning on setting up a special effect that could frighten your spectators, I would be sure to advise them first, assuring them they are about to see a special effect and no one will be in danger. You don't want anyone to panic and run for it, tripping over lawn chairs, Etc. Parents with children could get really upset if they thought their kids were in danger for just a second.
    Good idea. Thanks!

If I try one or both of these effects. How much variation do you think to expect if running single fuse? Would there be enough to ruin the effect?