Thread: How consistent are 1.4G times?

New Member Array

Default How consistent are 1.4G times?

I've been using the gallery, youtube, and another site to time the product that I will be using this year. How consistent are the times year to year? Some of the videos are a little old. I'm not shooting to music, just having music in the background. Only have 12 cues so I will be using time fuse between effects and using Talons to initiate, shoot some specific pieces and accelerate the show if it falls behind the music. The peices I have timed so far are (not in order):

Beihai-Dancing Snakes: 37sec
    Fwd-The Artillerist: 20sec
    Legend-Y'all Ready For This: 31sec
    Black Market-Pyro Strobe Flash: 40sec
    Fwd-Pyramid/Chosen One: 15sec
    Legend-gold Rush: 23sec
    World Class-Frozen by Fire: 14sec
    World Class-Midnight Sunburn: 34sec
    BM-Brave Attendance: 39sec
    BM-Purest Pleasure: 25sec
    Fwd-Spiral Cloud: 38sec
    Legend-Fish World: 39sec
    Legend-No Bool Sheet: 20sec

I started the clock when the first effect left the cake and stopped it when the last effect had mostly faded. Can I expect something close to this when I actually fire them?

Default Re: How consistent are 1.4G times?

Quote Originally Posted by JAlexander View Post
    I've been using the gallery, youtube, and another site to time the product that I will be using this year. How consistent are the times year to year? Some of the videos are a little old. I'm not shooting to music, just having music in the background. Only have 12 cues so I will be using time fuse between effects and using Talons to initiate, shoot some specific pieces and accelerate the show if it falls behind the music. The peices I have timed so far are (not in order):

Beihai-Dancing Snakes: 37sec
    Fwd-The Artillerist: 20sec
    Legend-Y'all Ready For This: 31sec
    Black Market-Pyro Strobe Flash: 40sec
    Fwd-Pyramid/Chosen One: 15sec
    Legend-gold Rush: 23sec
    World Class-Frozen by Fire: 14sec
    World Class-Midnight Sunburn: 34sec
    BM-Brave Attendance: 39sec
    BM-Purest Pleasure: 25sec
    Fwd-Spiral Cloud: 38sec
    Legend-Fish World: 39sec
    Legend-No Bool Sheet: 20sec

I started the clock when the first effect left the cake and stopped it when the last effect had mostly faded. Can I expect something close to this when I actually fire them?
    Maybe yes, and maybe no.

I shot a board with a pile of cakes on it a few years back. After it finished, I had a bunch of guys turn to me and say that was great, you had the timing down exactly, great finish. A few seconds later the last three shots went off from one of the cakes. You just never know.
    Rudy

Member of H.P.A.
    Member in good standing of Double D's PPP club

In 1999 I timed Dancing Snakes at 21 seconds, where you have 37.
    In 2006 I timed Artillerist at 20 seconds, the same as what you have.
    In 2006 I timed The Chosen One at 17 seconds, where you have 15.
    In 2007 I timed Fish World at 41 seconds, you have 39.
    In 2008 I timed Midnight Sunburn at 32 seconds, you have 34.

I think you can expect small variations, even from one cake to another cake that came from the same case. But not big variations.

A while back in another thread about cake times, I posted the average duration for the most common shot counts, i.e., 16 shot, 25 shot, and so forth, for both 200g and 500g cakes. I don't know where that thread is now, but you could search for it.
    See my free buyer's guide at http://www.FireworksLand.com/buyers-guide

Cake time is not something that gets specified or measured at the factory. You can get timing that everyone else will love but chances are that you will see issues.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

MEMBER PGI
    Charter Member PTPG Fargo, ND

www.brookings-black-powder-fireworks.com

New Member Array

Thank You. I looked at this post again this morning and I'm not entirely sure why I posted it last night. After searching the forums some more I see exactly what you 2 have said. Learning point...don't get on the forum after "socializing" for a couple hours. If a moderator wants to lock or dispose of this thread, it probably isn't going to be of any use to someone in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by JAlexander View Post
    Thank You. I looked at this post again this morning and I'm not entirely sure why I posted it last night. After searching the forums some more I see exactly what you 2 have said. Learning point...don't get on the forum after "socializing" for a couple hours. If a moderator wants to lock or dispose of this thread, it probably isn't going to be of any use to someone in the future.
    Yes I find that after socializing I tend to post awkward things.
    Member CFP