Thread: jitterbug firecrackers

Member Array

Default jitterbug firecrackers

anybody seen jitterbug firecrackers

Default Re: jitterbug firecrackers

I'm reading that they're similar to Jumping Jacks.. Only "better". Could it be that someone created something that actually performs like our beloved old-school Jumping Jacks used to?

EDIT: There seems to be some reference of a Jitterbug product by a company called Mystic in an old thread within our archive, but it's not of much help. Funny read tho, with Mr. Weaver handing out jumping jacks instead of candy at Halloween! Linky
    Last edited by skifdank; April 21st, 2012 at 10:33 AM.
    Yeah, it's true.. Millers does rock.

Does anyone know of a video for these? My search came up empty.

Member Array

I'm curious as well! I asked about these awhile back. They are made by Dominator. Best I can tell it's a jumping jack with report. I'm pickup up a case in September. I'll try to post a video unless someone beats me to it...
    Member "Northwest Pyrotechnics Association" - http://www.NPAclub.org

I bought a case of these because I thought they would be like the old Jumping Jacks like others have mentioned. They came 400 on a string. They look like a string of firecrackers. They came off the string easily so I had to take them out of their wrappers gingerly. They are a mixture of firecrackers and newer Jumping Jacks (miniature ground blooms of various colors). They don't fly up in the air or anything. If you are looking for firecrackers with a twist, these are different. I have a boat load of them left after the 4th. So I have plenty for New Years.

Hendro pretty much summed it up. I had a 1000 strip that I've shot off in the past couple of weeks. One side of the string was crackers and the other side was jumping jacks, It's an interesting novelty. Unfortunately though, its just a mix of new, crappy 50mg. crackers and new, weak ass jumping jacks. But for something different they're worth checking out.

Thanks for the info. guys, I'll steer clear. I bought a brick of jumping jacks a few months ago, lit two packs and threw them in a box. The "being pissed off at their performance" thing would wreck the lackluster firecrackers.

Member Array

I lit a 1,000 string this weekend (in broad daylight). Here's the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aKfdBfV5hI
    Yes...jumping jack effect was weak (daylight didn't help, obviously), but I thought the crackers had a reasonable pop. Kind of fragile as noted above....lost probably 10 just unwrapping the string and then had more than the customary number of duds/unlit fuses. Kind of interesting, kind of meh...

Purveyor of Cosmic Debris Array Jimbo's Avatar

Wonder how they'd look on concrete......
    PGI & BPG Member

"The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced."
    ― Frank Zappa

Member Array

yeah...I was about a mile away from any concrete. I should have at least grabbed a board. If my neighbors weren't so lame I could find out now...sigh.

Member Array

Lit off another 1000 string. Looked a little better than the previous link (which was in a bean field in 90+ degree sunlight): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5snF6p1nU00
    Sorry...still no concrete

Wow, that's a lot of mess for not much wow.

I will admit they look pretty cool tbh kinda surprised the firework folks haven't thought about something like this before.Anyway they do sure leave a mess still would like to check them out though even though they don't do much.

Guys, you need to hang these so they are falling at least a couple feet and YES light them over concrete! Kracklin Kirks demoed then at NFA and they got a good reaction from the importers I was sitting by.
    Dominator Fireworks China Fireworks Manufacturer email ed1@dominatorfireworks.com
    The St Louis Shoot check it out! www.stlshoot.com

Here is the NFA demo video
    Dominator Fireworks China Fireworks Manufacturer email ed1@dominatorfireworks.com
    The St Louis Shoot check it out! www.stlshoot.com

Shogun made a super high quality jumping jack to report that was available from Victory, but they've been discontinued as far as I know. Every cracker on the string was color to report, and they were tied really nicely from what I remember. I wish I had more but all I ever got was what my friend brought to a fourth of july party a few years back.
    "The only rational process those guys are interested in is their re-election strategy."

"A goal without a plan is just a wish." - Herm Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by shrapnel View Post
    Guys, you need to hang these so they are falling at least a couple feet and YES light them over concrete! Kracklin Kirks demoed then at NFA and they got a good reaction from the importers I was sitting by.
    Dunno why I didn't think of that, it's what I do with ground blooms, because they get messed up by their own debris. If they have a chance to bounce and spin off in different directions, it clears the drop zone, and enhances the effect. Dammit, now I gotta get some.

It's also best to hang firecrackers too. You get fewer duds. Many duds occur when a firecracker going off puts out the fuse on the cracker next to it. You end up with a lot of crackers with very short fuses. By hanging firecrackers, they fall away from each other so this doesn't happen.