Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "2012" Show Us Your Stash Thread

Default Re: "2012" Show Us Your Stash Thread

This is the BS I was referring to, when I made my comment, it was for pure fun, nothing to be made outta it. But post count comments are made which is ridiculous.

[QUOTE=ruger311;587190]What can I say. I'm a horder

I build my own cakes outta them[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    Not sure if were allowed to talk about making cakes unless you have been welcomed into the LA-BORA-TORY.. 151 posts to go..
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrokid View Post
    or racks and fuse.

Quote Originally Posted by MishaZub View Post
    Nah. Post count is nothing. Post content counts.

"Meh. I bet I've built more racks and fused more shells/cakes/rcs than most on this board." Just makes me laugh because it sounds like a 12yo betting his buddy who's is bigger. It sounds remarkably like the post whoring you so detest. Of course, this is the "2012 Show me you stash" thread that I'm looking at, so maybe it is appropriate.

Most folks on here don't know most of the rest of us from squat. But we also don't generally try to establish our credentials by the number of cakes we've built or fuse we've lit - or post count. I have no idea what the laboratory comment was, or the significance of 1370 posts, but based on my current rate I don't have to worry about it. you post hit me as funny and based on history it may take this thread down an unintended road - which can make for some hilarious reading. Thanks ahead of time.

Nice stash pics by the way. I like more variety in my artillery, but 15 cases of Excals does make a statement. The other half looks pretty sweet too (as does the work area in the background).
    15 cases is going to be split between two different small family shows, people like their peony/chris/crackle cakes, why spend a gob of money on premade cakes when you can build/fuse your own and have larger shells for the same money, time becomes a factor though. Cakes are great don't get me wrong but been playing the past few years with fusing up lots of different items to enhance plain artillery shells. This year being a little stupid and going to fuse up a case of killer bees for the beginning of the show, like color pearls/smbs etc outta be a handful to get peoples attention

Work bench and cabinets come in handy for sure, I do a lot of reloading back there, if its got BP I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by runvs00 View Post
    You sir need to relax and go back to the therapist... Posts like these do not garner you much respect on these boards.. Either your first comment was a very dumb joke or pure stupidity... The last one you posted was just pure stupidity. I would think before I post next time, this board is not a place for ill headed pyros..

You seem to think you are an elitist here for some reason, though I wager that there are more than a handful on here, whom not only have fused more than you, but also put your stash to shame.. You have tried to turned this thread into a competition instead of the joy of sharing our stashes which it is.. You obviously are compensating for something.

Hope you have a great time with your stash... Now stay off this thread..
    Im sure there are plenty of people's stash that makes this look like child's play, not in competition with anyone, refer to my above statement.

I haven't posted negative content on any thread besides this one since people think "count" counts. At least I started by posting my "stash" as this is what the thread is about.

Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by ruger311 View Post

Im sure there are plenty of people's stash that makes this look like child's play, not in competition with anyone, refer to my above statement.

I haven't posted negative content on any thread besides this one since people think "count" counts. At least I started by posting my "stash" as this is what the thread is about.
    LOL it all makes sense now...
    What he means by that is stick around on the U, make some more posts, contribute to the betterment of pyro U and there are some great benefits.. This wasn't a slam on your post count or your abilities, this was just telling you that you cannot talk about some of the tings you were mentioning pertaining to making your own cakes etc...

I am sorry for the harsh post I made, I was ticked off at the last thing you posted as it seemed totally ignorant to me..

Stick around, post some more, contribute to the board and learn.. Then you will be able to talk about whatever you would like..

The reason I said were not allowed to talk about making pyro is because there is a place to talk about such things somewhere around here.. And it is not in this section of the forum..

If you mean putting shells in racks and calling them cakes.... Then sure I "build" cakes too..

Explain to me why I cannot discuss racks/cakes/fusing/wiring/etc? Esp when I can and have provided pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    The reason I said were not allowed to talk about making pyro is because there is a place to talk about such things somewhere around here.. And it is not in this section of the forum..

If you mean putting shells in racks and calling them cakes.... Then sure I "build" cakes too..
    I referred to the guy saying "I know where all the Excals went", I said one thing about building cakes and you start in with the BS.

Let it be done man. Like you guys said this isn't the thread.

Please post pics of what you have in your stash and get this thread back on track

Explain to me why I cannot discuss racks/cakes/fusing/wiring/etc? Esp when I can and have provided pictures?
    I was under the impression you were referring to building cakes and such.

Stash pictures to follow next Saturday! Woohoo!

So post count dictates everything now days right? Dictates your "knowledge", "experience", oh and most important "street credit" or should I refer to this as "net credit". Just because someone doesn't spend time posting up probably useless information or degrading comments(post whoring) doesn't mean a damn thing.

Just saying this is a pretty small community and for someone to give me shit about post count is ridiculous You don't know me from squat nor do I know you but I'm here and will add my $0.02 or maybe I should call it my $0.01 b/c not enough posts yet to be considered a true pyro.
    No one said anything about post count. I read your post that caused the reaction and just ignored it. It was bold, but who cares? I do not, I knew others could not help themselves and would chime in, sure enough, Dude, who has a habit of that {grin}, jumped at your prompting. haha

Now lets play nice, we are all in this together and surely we have enough real enemies....
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that is has taken place." (George Bernard Shaw)

Doesn't look like I'm gonna have much of a stash this year too busy with the racing season. hopefully I can pick up some cases in the next month or so.

Member Array

These threads are always tough for me. Last year i thought my 10 cases was a lot and this year it has doubled and then some. But then i come on here and see some of you guys with 100+ cases and i get case envy.

Keep the pics coming, i do love seeing all the differend stuff people get.

Yeah lets get back on subject. Stash pics!
    Member CFP aka Central Florida Pyros

When I take a picture of this years stash is it against the rules to add my leftovers from last year to it?
    Ofcourse I still have some stuff someone brought to help out with the show I technically didnt buy with my stash. He showed up with some festival balls, some small RC's, and sparklers, etc. When he seen what I was setting up he just gave them to me laughing about the comparison.
    "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."

NPA member http://npaclub.org/

Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by tyler-durden View Post
    When I take a picture of this years stash is it against the rules to add my leftovers from last year to it?
    Ofcourse I still have some stuff someone brought to help out with the show I technically didnt buy with my stash. He showed up with some festival balls, some small RC's, and sparklers, etc. When he seen what I was setting up he just gave them to me laughing about the comparison.
    I am of the opinion that if it has a fuse and emits sparks and/or flaming balls and is in your possession then it is considered part of your stash.

erased.
    Last edited by Jtd724; May 2nd, 2012 at 01:20 PM.

Member Array

My left over 2011 stashClick image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-27 20.12.37.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	21012Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-27 20.13.21.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	21013

Member Array

And my stash for 2012, small but should be enough to keep me busy the 4th and the 7th of July
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-20 11.03.26.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	21014
    That my view on the drive home.

Name:	2012-04-27 20.10.32.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	21015Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-27 20.12.02.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	21016Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-04-27 20.15.21.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	21017
    and unpacked.

Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jtd724 View Post
    That's nice. Going to be a fun night!

Thanks DB.
    Last edited by Jtd724; May 2nd, 2012 at 01:21 PM.

Ahhh, best caption wins.....

Name:	fireworks_stash.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	21025Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NYP_203.jpg 
Views:	441 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	21024

"For the LAST TIME, stay out of my STASH!!!"

And for 2nd...be careful out there, you don't want law dogs to confiscate your stashes

Happy 4th boyz

OK...started a new thread here: http://www.pyrouniverse.com/forum/sh...348#post588348
    Last edited by WWhite; April 28th, 2012 at 11:14 AM.
    -2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorG View Post
    Ahhh, best caption wins.....

Name:	fireworks_stash.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	21025Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NYP_203.jpg 
Views:	441 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	21024

"For the LAST TIME, stay out of my STASH!!!"

And for 2nd...be careful out there, you don't want law dogs to confiscate your stashes

Happy 4th boyz
    1st pic. "Ma, I am missing one ingredient for this cake."

2nd pic. "in England we don't need no stinkin' guns, We have our bottle rockets"
    Canyon Lake Pyros - Member

In England, they have those crazy 200 (or more) gram rockets that blow like 1.3 shells at their apex ...

1st pic. "You're busted...I'm telling Mom!!"
    -2 cents

1st pic: "How many times do I have to tell you, Cool Whip and Windex will not make them louder!"
    "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."

NPA member http://npaclub.org/

1st Pic: If you call me "Safe and Insane" 1 MORE TIME!..........

2nd Pic:

Risking life and limb, a member of the nanny-state police force poses next to some firecrackers with an estimated street value of ten thousand dollars, and an explosive charge equivalent to a half-stick of dynamite.
    "The only rational process those guys are interested in is their re-election strategy."

"A goal without a plan is just a wish." - Herm Edwards

Member Array

1st Pic: I told you Phantom not TNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2nd: I am such a Donkey for confiscating these and taking a pic to show people.....

1st pic: Who are you and why are you touching my stash!?!
    2nd pic: Is this face tough enough..
    Last edited by Dude; April 28th, 2012 at 10:10 AM.

OK...created a thread....repost here if you'd like a shot at $5.

http://www.pyrouniverse.com/forum/sh...348#post588348
    -2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Chicken View Post
    .... Last year i thought my 10 cases was a lot and this year it has doubled and then some. But then i come on here and see some of you guys with 100+ cases and i get case envy....
    "Case count" should not be a competition IMO.
    If you have 10 cases of the right stuff (good assorted cases, etc) and use good presentation, you have plenty enough for a killer show. Maybe won't the biggest show, or the longest show (don't necessarily need an exceedingly long show anyway), but still an extremely nice show can be had with 10 cases of works if planned well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Chicken View Post
    These threads are always tough for me. Last year i thought my 10 cases was a lot and this year it has doubled and then some. But then i come on here and see some of you guys with 100+ cases and i get case envy.

Keep the pics coming, i do love seeing all the differend stuff people get.
    wheres your 20+ case stash pictures ????
    You have to go through hell to get to heaven!

Some great stash's out there!!!

I wish this thread would have been started prior to MAFF, not that I had a huge stash but it was a lot bigger than it is now. There's more cobwebs in the basement now than pyro

Keep the pics coming my pyro brethren
    Ladies and Gentlemen
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson