Thread: Interesting Concept...

Banned: AKA SLAP, UtahPyro Array

Default Interesting Concept...

(comes from here)

Default Re: Interesting Concept...

They look awesome, I like the ematch hooks provided.

How do you angle them though? Rely solely on rebar?

It looks terribly dangerous. The racks themselves have no blowout protection, and I'm assuming they wont be setup like that for the show, but if they are, how do you clear the center tubes?

Quote Originally Posted by white88ss View Post
    It looks terribly dangerous. The racks themselves have no blowout protection, and I'm assuming they wont be setup like that for the show, but if they are, how do you clear the center tubes?
    what do you mean "blowout protection"? there is plenty of open space between guns and racks, i don't see any guns touching each other.

also these appear to be individual rows/rails of tubes stacked up next to each other, not one solid block, so you probably clear them just as you would any other line rack...

i think these racks look great, nice job to whoever is responsible.

although that's a lot of re-bar
    www.millerfireworks.com

PM me your email address for a price list, and check out our youtube page www.youtube.com/MillerFireworks.

Have fireworks. Will travel. Array JoeRatman's Avatar

The smallest ones say 2" on them. I would guess that these are 2", 4" and 6" guns.

The link says they are racks are made of steel (not the guns). I wonder how heavy they are compared to wood.

I have seen professional racks CATO. Not knowing the dimensions of the steel in the racks, it is hard to tell if they would hold up in a CATO. In a rack failure I would rather have wood pieces flying about than steel shrapnel.
    Licensed MN Outdoor Fireworks Operator
    Licensed MN Indoor/Proximate Fireworks Operator
    CDL with hazmat endorsement

Member Array

Man, I would hate to carry or move those things. lol

Looks like a copy of Pyromaster's new rack. http://www.pyromasterllc.com/Rack1.htm but has recently been remade. I know there was testing done on the new ones and they stand up better to blowout than standard wooden racks. They are actually lighter than wood racks. The majority of the weight comes from the tubes, and very little comes from the rack itself. I know a lot of the bigger commercial display companies have bought the new design.

Member Array

It would be pretty surprising for any sort of catastrophic failure to impact the metal frame when there is so much open space for the pressure wave to propagate through. I suppose a weak weld wouldn't be your friend that day though.

Doesn't look like rebar... looks like half inch EMT / metallic conduit. Though if that steel came prefab with perfect size holes... those look incredibly easy to build!

Thunderstruck Array jonkelley82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goober07 View Post
    Doesn't look like rebar... looks like half inch EMT / metallic conduit. Though if that steel came prefab with perfect size holes... those look incredibly easy to build!
    It's welded stainless steel. Not easy to build at all, but a very nice design.
    Jack of all trades, master of none. I don't know if less is more, but I am constantly trying to do more with less!

Our 2012 Finale - Our 2011 Finale - Our 2010 Finale