Thread: Anyone Know of a Continuity Tester for FireOne/Starfire/etc 32 cue Rails/Slats

Default Anyone Know of a Continuity Tester for FireOne/Starfire/etc 32 cue Rails/Slats

Does anyone know of any testers which could plug into the standard 32 cue rail/slat to check continuity? I'm thinking it would be nice to have one when pre-building fronts, this way, you could check continuity before going to the site and maybe take care of those odd/ends like bad cue on a rail, bad match, etc in advance. I've looked around but haven't had any luck. Thinking of something along the lines like ATF has for their systems, I think ODA may have one as well (although the one I'm thinking of might have been home-made).
    Maryland Certified Outdoor Display Operator
    NLPC President
    Member Team Dominator
    PGI Member
    PA Pyro Artists Member
    Minions of M.A.F.F. Pro Am Competition Display

Default Re: Anyone Know of a Continuity Tester for FireOne/Starfire/etc 32 cue Rails/Slats

This works great! Your stuff changed hands today btw, will be on it's way soon! Sorry for the smart ass answer but unless someone comes up with something it may be the only one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC05887.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	105.1 KB 
ID:	20295
    Dominator Fireworks China Fireworks Manufacturer email ed1@dominatorfireworks.com
    The St Louis Shoot check it out! www.stlshoot.com

Default Re: Anyone Know of a Continuity Tester for FireOne/Starfire/etc 32 cue Rails/Slats

I am having one made as we speak, the panel anyway. I will be bringing a couple to MAFF. Very simple, SE120 case, 9V battery, 32 LED's.
    ATF Type 54
    Kansas Display License
    www.trmpyro.com

Very interested in this, sounds like it could be a pretty decent idea, and save some time along the way......
    Class A CDL w/HazMat
    PGI Member
    NLPC member
    PA Pyro artist member

Quote Originally Posted by TRMPyro View Post
    I am having one made as we speak, the panel anyway. I will be bringing a couple to MAFF. Very simple, SE120 case, 9V battery, 32 LED's.
    LOL, that's funny as hell, I sent Mike a pm just a bit ago for your number, was gonna call and talk to you about it.

This works great! Your stuff changed hands today btw, will be on it's way soon! Sorry for the smart ass answer but unless someone comes up with something it may be the only one.
    Looking for something a little lighter to do quick testing with. I'm gonna check those boxes out when I get them from you and see if they are wired the same, if they are, they would work for what I'm doing...as long as I hook them up right. Might get ugly if 32 cues go off inside the barn
    NLPC President
    Member Team Dominator
    PGI Member
    PA Pyro Artists Member

I put in a request for this a while back, Trmpyro is the MAN!!!
    Ladies and Gentlemen
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by coachtimmyj View Post
    .......Might get ugly if 32 cues go off inside the barn
    Yea, but you'd probably have the most exciting barn for miles around.

Quote Originally Posted by coachtimmyj View Post
    Does anyone know of any testers which could plug into the standard 32 cue rail/slat to check continuity? I'm thinking it would be nice to have one when pre-building fronts, this way, you could check continuity before going to the site and maybe take care of those odd/ends like bad cue on a rail, bad match, etc in advance. I've looked around but haven't had any luck. Thinking of something along the lines like ATF has for their systems, I think ODA may have one as well (although the one I'm thinking of might have been home-made).
    http://ifiresystem.com/p_tester.htm

Tester for rails/slats from iFire might do the job.

Name:	iFire Check.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	20550
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prods1Check.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	20549  

Here is a photo of what I came up with, poor quality photo, I was in a hurry.

Name:	32Cue Continuity.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	20642
    ATF Type 54
    Kansas Display License
    www.trmpyro.com

Very nice work Mike
    Ladies and Gentlemen
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." Thomas Jefferson

Real nice Mike, that's way nicer than anything I was envisioning
    NLPC President
    Member Team Dominator
    PGI Member
    PA Pyro Artists Member

I am also working on something that can also test your cables

Hi All!

Here's a photo of the iFire Check. It can easily fit into a belt bag or a tool pouch.

Name:	iFire Check on Hand.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	20660