Thread: Better late than...7/5/11

Member Array

Default Better late than...7/5/11

Here's my show from last year just 8 months late. All of the product is from Victory. Filmed from about 200 yards away.
    We got rained out on the Fourth and shot on the following night. My family has a huge company/family party so only about 1/3 of the normal crowd.
    This was my first time e-firing and it went pretty well.....sort of. About half way through I accidently sent the finale boards and racks up because of my big fat thumb. I was so pissed I just stood there in disbelief. My cousin smacked me around a little and was like oh well let's sit back and enjoy it. All I could think about was all the time, planning and effort was a waste. Then he's says "don't you have a fake finale set up". I was so stunned I didn't think of it but he was right. We quickly regrouped and kept on firing away. Most people knew something was a little bassackward but still enjoyed it. Well through the magic of editing here's the highlights of the show in the order they should have occured.
    For most of the show we used 3 firing stations with angled boards at each station maybe 25-30 yards apart. Used the Phoenix system from Uncle Sam with 24 cues.

http://youtu.be/TJq0n_219ic

Default Re: Better late than...7/5/11

Nice show, thanks for sharing!

Member Array

Nice show glad you posted it! Better late than never,I like the use of multiple firing stations, well done!

Member Array

very nice,were those red razzle,or future war?

Really Nice. Thanks for posting

Nice show man. Perfect angles on the razzles. Nice clean show. Something I do to prevent a pre-mature finale is ALWAYS put my finale ques on a separate row I'm only using for the finale. If its wireless, I will put them on D or a different channel with nothing else on it. If its wired, put it all by itself so you have to switch rows before you can start it. If you are using the little 4 que systems, grab a few extra receivers just for finale ques and put them on a different channel. Again, nice job.
    This is the greatest Country on earthLets celebrate!!
    Illinois explosives license
    BATFE type 54
    BATFE type 01 FFL
    Member-PGI/Member-HPA

Member Array

Yep Red Razzles. Thanks for the compliments. I'm definitely still learning and that was one huge mistake I will not make again. I bought 2 12 cue systems so I even have an extra remote that I didn't even use. I was going to try and make some sort of grid to put over the buttons so I would have to use something like a pencil to press each button but not sure it'd be worth the effort.

Nice show.

Nice show, what was the bigger breaking stuff over the the top on your finale?

Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by steelersfan View Post
    Nice show, what was the bigger breaking stuff over the the top on your finale?
    Not for sure I lost my shoot sheet but think they are probably Asian Sinsation. And hello and welcome from another of the........STEELER NATION!! WOOHOOO

Member Array

Very nice show - good use of angles and nice mix/timing.