Thread: Anyone selling their cobra system for the new one?

Default Anyone selling their cobra system for the new one?

Hey guys, I'm going to be purchasing a Cobra System 18R and I just thought that before I do, I would ask the community if anyone is going to be buying the 18R2 and wants to get rid of their 18R.

I plan on getting an 18R and 3 modules. Of course you would keep the modules if you're just upgrading but if you want to get rid of your 18R, send me a PM.

Otherwise I will just purchase the remote directly from Cobra in a little under two weeks.

Default Re: Anyone selling their cobra system for the new one?

Quote Originally Posted by tradami View Post
    ...Of course you would keep the modules if you're just upgrading but if you want to get rid of your 18R.......Otherwise I will just purchase the remote directly from Cobra in a little under two weeks.
    I would imagine a good few will become available. You might want to be a little more patient though.
    The new 18R2's won't even start shipping to the the "upgraders" for a little while yet.
    Just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by lava top View Post
    I would imagine a good few will become available. You might want to be a little more patient though.
    The new 18R2's won't even start shipping to the the "upgraders" for a little while yet.
    Just a suggestion.
    Well I have to have my order in soon. I don't want to find out the modules are sold out.

I figure some people won't need a system until the 4th so they would get rid of their old one early. Either way, just an opportunity window to do two guys a favor. No big deal if nothing shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by tradami View Post
    Well I have to have my order in soon. I don't want to find out the modules are sold out.

I figure some people won't need a system until the 4th so they would get rid of their old one early. Either way, just an opportunity window to do two guys a favor. No big deal if nothing shows up.
    Just pre-order man. It is a good feeling to knowing there is one with your name on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    Just pre-order man. It is a good feeling to knowing there is one with your name on it.
    Yeah but I like helping others out. So if it would help someone else out, that's fine too.
    Sparky's Fireworks Outlet
    6031 Ann Arbor Rd, Jackson MI
    www.sparkysfireworksoutlet.com

Being the paranoid person that I am, when I purchased extra modules after beta testing I bought a second remote to have just in case. When the trade-in program for the R1 was set up, I talked with Scott at Cobra and arranged to send one of my remotes back before my new order is processed - he's already received it and issued the trade-in credit, and I still have a remote to use until the R2 arrives.

I've also ordered 2 more modules and the wireless programmer, but I didn't bother ordering the Finale Pro software as I can get away with manually creating plans in Excel for the time being.
    ERD Display Supervisor (All Endorsements)
    ERD Sr. Pyrotechnician
    ERD Certified Instructor