Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dry grass + windy conditions = potential disaster

Default Re: dry grass + windy conditions = potential disaster

Quote Originally Posted by MotorMouth111 View Post
    I always have about 400' of 3/4" hose that's connected to my main water line coming from the street with 250 psi pressure. I don't have to use a flower water bucket.
    Are you sure about that pressure ?

Quote Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
    Are you sure about that pressure ?
    LOL. Good call.
    9th Annual St. Louis Group Shoot | Ohio Fireworks Law | Northeast Ohio Pyros
    Ohio Licensed Lead Exhibitor | BATFE Type 54 | PGI Member/Certified | President NEOPG

Banned: AKA SLAP, UtahPyro Array

Quote Originally Posted by MotorMouth111 View Post
    I always have about 400' of 3/4" hose that's connected to my main water line coming from the street with 250 psi pressure. I don't have to use a flower water bucket.

Most cities provide pressures between 40-60 psi... not 250.

Even if they did, you would still find that the volume flow rate (gpm) of a 3/4" line is going to be approx. 7 gpm. So 7 gallons per minute, is 7 gallons per minute... no matter how high the pressure may be. That is assuming a water velocity of 5 ft/s. Higher velocities will give you more flow, but not by very much. They don't do this though, because of the potential for noise and damage. You would increase the pipe size instead.

Also, no matter what your water pressure is... just remember that you will be losing about 8 psi for every 100' of pipe (on perfectly flat ground). So if you do actually only have around 60psi, you may find that it doesn't quite spray as far once it has traveled 400' through your garden hose.

Man I pondered being a dick for hours about that 250 psi street pressure. Thanks for beating me to it.
    You can get higher main pressures, but you really only see it at night with low usage. Highest I've seen is 125 psi spikes at night. Then you get to go door to door selling pressure reducing valves
    Also don't forget your water heater relief valve is set at 125psi

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Dave View Post
    Man I pondered being a dick for hours about that 250 psi street pressure. Thanks for beating me to it.
    You can get higher main pressures, but you really only see it at night with low usage. Highest I've seen is 125 psi spikes at night. Then you get to go door to door selling pressure reducing valves
    Also don't forget your water heater relief valve is set at 125psi
    Dig.
    9th Annual St. Louis Group Shoot | Ohio Fireworks Law | Northeast Ohio Pyros
    Ohio Licensed Lead Exhibitor | BATFE Type 54 | PGI Member/Certified | President NEOPG

Quote Originally Posted by St1dinoh View Post
    dude...

i bet you don't do that again.
    You got that right man! If you live through them one should learn from their screwups.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!
    Lite the sky and own the night.
    I'm a first time dad. Our baby girl was born on Dec 30, 2010.