Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 65

Thread: Best shells for 2012

  1. #1

    Default Best shells for 2012

    I have seen some amazing videos of shells and was wondering what do you guys think are the best shells. I have shot pro shells last year along with the hd shells which I like better cause of the nice colors. I saw video of these somewhat new FSF brand Black widow shells that look amazing. Also do you think excals are better than hd shells regarding break size and symmetry.

  2. #2
    Light up the sky! Array PYROBOOM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    1,655

    Default Re: Best shells for 2012

    PGI Member PYROBOOM, LLC

  3. #3

    Default Re: Best shells for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by epyro View Post

    can I have some lol.

  4. #4
    The man behind the madness Array Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,856

    Default Re: Best shells for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by gocrazy1995 View Post
    I saw video of these somewhat new FSF brand Black widow shells that look amazing.
    Wrong. FSF sells the Black Widow shell kit but it is not their house brand. BTW, this is a very nice shell kit.
    Excals are a thing of the past now.

    Diamond Dave
    Last edited by Diamond Dave; February 18th, 2012 at 11:26 PM.
    **********************
    America
    **********************
    Land of the free......Because of the brave

  5. #5

    Default Re: Best shells for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
    Wrong. FSF sells the Black Widow shell kit but it is not their house brand. BTW, this is a very nice shell kit.

    Diamond Dave
    I haven't been able to get these yet.
    Rudy


    Member of H.P.A.
    Member in good standing of Double D's PPP club

  6. #6
    Explodimus Maximus Array Afflicted1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Right next door to hell
    Posts
    1,411

    Default Re: Best shells for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by gocrazy1995 View Post
    . Also do you think excals are better than.......
    (Sigh)
    HPA 1%.
    Founder and President of the 1/2%er's
    Red Society
    Stonecutter
    2013 St. Louis Pro-am Pyromusical 1st place champion team member

  7. #7
    The man behind the madness Array Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,856

    Default Re: Best shells for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by RudyG View Post
    I haven't been able to get these yet.
    Rudy,

    I should have these for the PGI. Have you seen any video of these shells yet? IMO one of the nicer shell kits out there today.

    Diamond Dave
    **********************
    America
    **********************
    Land of the free......Because of the brave

  8. #8

    Default Re: Best shells for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
    Rudy,

    I should have these for the PGI. Have you seen any video of these shells yet? IMO one of the nicer shell kits out there today.

    Diamond Dave
    I've heard about them, but have not seen them.
    Rudy


    Member of H.P.A.
    Member in good standing of Double D's PPP club

  9. #9
    The man behind the madness Array Diamond Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,856

    Default Re: Best shells for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by RudyG View Post
    I've heard about them, but have not seen them.
    Check your pm folder.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbkpC...eature=channel
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

    Diamond Dave
    **********************
    America
    **********************
    Land of the free......Because of the brave

  10. #10

    Default Re: Best shells for 2012



    these were also the best in 2010. i couldnt get a hold of any for 2009 though...

  11. #11
    Member Array pepsi pyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    539

    Default Re: Best shells for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post


    these were also the best in 2010. i couldnt get a hold of any for 2009 though...
    Man, i'm hungry again!

  12. #12
    Geek, Pyro, Patriot Array BobThePyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Surveillance States of America
    Posts
    2,058

    Default Re: Best shells for 2012

    Came to this thread to read a smart-arse answer...

    Quote Originally Posted by Yaz View Post


    these were also the best in 2010. i couldnt get a hold of any for 2009 though...
    Leaving satisfied.
    WARNING: May post before caffeine is installed.

    "If you think education is expensive, try ignorance." - Derek Bok

    Last one to become a supporting member is a vegetarian!

  13. #13
    Member Array JayJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: Best shells for 2012

    The video of the BW shells looks good!! but you have to wonder if thats a china demo vid or if the case you buy actually performs like that!! If so I would say they are just as or better than the HD shells!! just my opinion! any of these around in the Northeast lol??
    You have to go through hell to get to heaven!

  14. #14
    Member Array BigMO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South of STL
    Posts
    891

    Default Re: Best shells for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by gocrazy1995 View Post
    I have seen some amazing videos of shells and was wondering what do you guys think are the best shells. I have shot pro shells last year along with the hd shells which I like better cause of the nice colors. I saw video of these somewhat new FSF brand Black widow shells that look amazing. Also do you think excals are better than hd shells regarding break size and symmetry.
    Ummm the title of the thread is best shells for 2012. So what specific Brand New shell have you Shot. This means that the shell is specifically marketed for the 2012 season. The answer is None. Product is just coming in for 2012!!!!!! This thread is just another Blah,Blah Blah Shell is better than excal!!
    MOPYRO Member
    BATFE Type 54
    Giggle like a school girl with tears running down your cheeks LOUD!!!

  15. #15
    Member Array Barracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Knee deep in a river near you
    Posts
    745

    Default Re: Best shells for 2012

    The Black Widows look fantastic. I will reserve further opinion until I see them shot live in person.

    In regards to the best shells in this category, understand OP that this has been talked about countless times, and every conversation usually ends up the same. Most shells in this category are in the top tier, and the differences are slight at best. You cannot go wrong with most of them. I hope you understand why all the popcorn comes out. It is merely in anticipation of the "more of the same conversation" that is bound to follow. look up some of the threads just from this past year on the same subject and you will see.

    Now, I have not seen the black widows discussed that much, so that is a good discussion.
    Midwest Fireworks Festival OPEN to all! September 12th-15th
    Mentone, Indiana
    For registration:
    http://www.heartlandpyro.org/

  16. #16
    Member Array tradami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SE MI
    Posts
    941

    Default Re: Best shells for 2012

    Really it's all just a matter of personal preference. They're all great shells.

  17. #17
    Member Array Pladman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    460

    Default Re: Best shells for 2012

    one of the glitter / strobe Black Widow shells was really really nice

  18. #18

    Default Re: Best shells for 2012

    im sticking with excals until someone shows me something different, last year we had the black widow, black mamba, and pro shells, the pro shells breaks were bigger but lacked color, or should i say lacked the effect that the excals had with a smaller break, we typically shoot ours off with viewing distance of around 100-150' so cant really tell much of a difference if underneath the shells

    mambas were bout the same as excals but just didnt do it for me

  19. #19
    Member Array tradami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SE MI
    Posts
    941

    Default Re: Best shells for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by ruger311 View Post
    im sticking with excals until someone shows me something different, last year we had the black widow, black mamba, and pro shells, the pro shells breaks were bigger but lacked color, or should i say lacked the effect that the excals had with a smaller break, we typically shoot ours off with viewing distance of around 100-150' so cant really tell much of a difference if underneath the shells

    mambas were bout the same as excals but just didnt do it for me
    The Pro shells that I shot had excellent color. However, I'm still trying to decide what shells I want. I plan on getting about 8 cases of canister shells. Not sure what i want though.

  20. #20
    Member Array KMF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    591

    Default Re: Best shells for 2012

    Excals & Exterminators are the exact same. I loaded them by the same effect and shot them side by side and there is no difference.

    Pic
    http://www.pyrouniverse.com/gallery2...shells/cat/500

    This thread says that Exterminators are the same as Pro Shells

    http://www.pyrouniverse.com/forum/sh...r-exterminator

    So............IT DOESN'T MATTER BUY WHATS CHEAPER!!!!!!

  21. #21

    Default Re: Best shells for 2012

    Festival Balls have been the best shells for over 10 years.

  22. #22
    Member Array tradami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SE MI
    Posts
    941

    Default Re: Best shells for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    Excals & Exterminators are the exact same. I loaded them by the same effect and shot them side by side and there is no difference.

    Pic
    http://www.pyrouniverse.com/gallery2...shells/cat/500

    This thread says that Exterminators are the same as Pro Shells

    http://www.pyrouniverse.com/forum/sh...r-exterminator

    So............IT DOESN'T MATTER BUY WHATS CHEAPER!!!!!!
    Yep, I just made a post in that thread too.

  23. #23
    Member Array Pyrohobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,288

    Default Re: Best shells for 2012

    It is always amazing that this tread comes out EVERY year- HEY WHAT'S THE BEST "anything" IN 2012? The demos are coming out in about a month to 2 months- go to them and see what YOU like. What I like is different than what you like or the next guys likes.

    Throw in prices and that's another bear-what I think is reasonable is another mans expensive.

    So- after all of that- GO TO A DEMO CLOSE TO YOU WITH A "HANDFUL" OF MONEY!!!!! You'll need it!
    MPAG/PGI member
    Type 54/ IV storage

  24. #24
    Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    on a chair
    Posts
    4,994

    Default Re: Best shells for 2012

    Its all to early in the year to call which shell is the best. In the next 3 months we will have a good idea of whats the best product of this season. With competition the way it is, im sure we will have some new shells on the market this year that are top notch.
    Chicago Lights Pyro

  25. #25
    Member Array nater219's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,377

    Default Re: Best shells for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by tradami View Post
    The Pro shells that I shot had excellent color. However, I'm still trying to decide what shells I want. I plan on getting about 8 cases of canister shells. Not sure what i want though.
    Simple, buy a case each of the different premium cans. Now you will have a nice variety of top-notch shells.
    Member of HPA

    "A good life is when you smile often, dream big, laugh a lot and realize you are blessed for what you have."

  26. #26
    Member Array pyroxtreme.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Central Michigan
    Posts
    1,833

    Default Re: Best shells for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by KMF View Post
    Excals & Exterminators are the exact same. I loaded them by the same effect and shot them side by side and there is no difference.

    Pic
    http://www.pyrouniverse.com/gallery2...shells/cat/500

    So............IT DOESN'T MATTER BUY WHATS CHEAPER!!!!!!
    What year excals?

    I can assure you that 2011 excals were NOT made in the Megabanger factory,

    But it really does boil down to price, most if not all canister shells are constructed in the exact same way, I sell just about all the diffrent brands of shells and have most of the ones I do not available with no problem, I can tell you I shot some of the new Lock N Loads the other night and they were very good, and this was not just my opinion but a few others as well.

  27. #27
    Member Array ryanmarler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    30 miles east of KCMO
    Posts
    672

    Default Re: Best shells for 2012

    I'm interested in seeing the performance of Pyro Predator cans this year. Last year's rocked. Definitely not paying for them again though.
    KCAP, Charter Member, Board Member
    http://kcap.us/
    Safety glasses have prevented me from an eye injury. Never forget them!
    Cobra Firing Systems

  28. #28
    Member Array peterpyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    678

    Default Re: Best shells for 2012

    Ive shot Black Widows from last year and this year and they perform outstanding. The Dont Mess With Me kits are really good too.
    Member CFP aka Central Florida Pyros

  29. #29
    super member Array Duncanbullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Leighton, AL
    Posts
    881

    Default Re: Best shells for 2012

    Canister Shells all look the same to me. I like mainly for the Spread and Thump. So buy whatever is cheaper or what you like.
    2 Things always on my mind, God and Fireworks
    DuncanPyro L.L.C.
    Certified Pyrotechnician by Pyroextreme L.L.C.
    http://Duncanpyro.webs.com

  30. #30
    Member Array BigMO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    South of STL
    Posts
    891

    Default Re: Best shells for 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmarler View Post
    I'm interested in seeing the performance of Pyro Predator cans this year. Last year's rocked. Definitely not paying for them again though.
    So.....Why worry?
    MOPYRO Member
    BATFE Type 54
    Giggle like a school girl with tears running down your cheeks LOUD!!!

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •