Thread: Cremation ashes fired from shells -- any ideas on where to have some shells made?

Default Cremation ashes fired from shells -- any ideas on where to have some shells made?

A loved one of mine has told me they would like to have some of their ashes shot off in fireworks. God willing I will have a long wait to plan for this but I'd like to start trying to figure out how to go about this. This person is who got me into fireworks at a young age and I would really like to make this happen. So far the only places I've come across in the U.S that provide this service charge for a entire show or sell self fire rockets. I'm not very interested in rockets and I'm not a 1.3 guy. Anyone have any ideas on a place that can make some custom 1.4 shells that contain ashes?

Paying a crew to fire off 1.3 stuff just wouldn't be the same with our family tradition of firing our own shows on the 4th. Being that I have 800 1.91 mortars I wouldn't be satisfied with rockets and chaining a few shells with a loved ones remains would mean a lot to our family. I've made a few ball shells and cans years ago but that was just for fun and they didnt turn out all that great.

I figured you 1.3 guys might have heard of some shell makers who have done something similar. I'm not even sure if it would be legal to sell custom 1.4 shells??

Default Re: Cremation ashes fired from shells -- any ideas on where to have some shells made?

www.pyinthesky.com & www.i-match.us
    BATFE Licensed Mfg of Explosives
    MO & KS - Display & Prox
    CDL/HAZMAT/PGI/KCAP

Default Re: Cremation ashes fired from shells -- any ideas on where to have some shells made?

That sounds like a great way to honor someone (and their wishes). Hope you can find a reasonable way to pull it off.

My family has already been told this is my wish as well. It would be magnificent to go out with a huge bang, beautiful sky filling color, and your ashes will be mixed with many of the composition's we all love.
    Is there ever enough Pyro?

Creamated remains typically would totally fill a 6-8 ball shell and are very dense (heavy).

in order to fire all of the remains in the air and have enough burst and any amount of stars would easily take a 10, 12, or 16 inch shell.

So you are talking about a lot of 1.75 inch shells.

I have done this in the past in display shells (we used 5 6" inch brocade crowns).

Keep in mind that ashes don't burn up any further, so they do fall to the ground. Especially if the audience knows what is in the shells, it may be bad form to shower them with the remains of their dearly departed.

GK
    Carpe Noctem

New Member Array

no idea about your shells....i think you can use ashes for making monument....