Thread: Single Shell

Default Single Shell

When there's a cake sold two ways 12 shot or 10 shot etc. and the same cake sold as single shell for half the price can someone explain the single shell version?

Thanks

Default Re: Single Shell

I'm lost here......example items or link? Not sure I understand a single shell version of a cake???
    Life down here is just a strange illusion......

APWC

Wait.......... What?.............
    Member CFP aka Central Florida Pyros

Quote Originally Posted by pyroluvr View Post
    When there's a cake sold two ways 12 shot or 10 shot etc. and the same cake sold as single shell for half the price can someone explain the single shell version?

Thanks
    Not exactly sure what you mean. I would think a single shell is a shell not a cake. Maybe your seeing things with the same name but not the same product. I've seen single shot tubes with the same name but three different sizes. Maybe i'm just not understanding?

I understand what he means. I'm going to use one of my favorite items as an example. Thunder Kings come in single shot tubes, 25 shot cakes and 100 shot cakes.

I have also seen them in 9 shot versions, and 16 shot versions.

Many of the old cakes from the DOT era were like this. Whistling Cicadas came as a cake or a single shot tube as well. Also, before NOABS, there used to be racks that were fused together single shot tubes. Starr had many of these too.

Yes single shots will command a higher price simply because there are more fuses to light. Again a 6 pack of single shot TK retailed for 12-15 dollars. The 25 shot cake for about 25 dollars.
    Last edited by countryboy7978; January 19th, 2012 at 03:24 PM.
    "Firecrackers...the silent killer" - Troy McClure

Member PGI

Illinois DNR Explosives License
    ATF Type 33

^^thats where I was confused. Single Shell verses single shot. Good explanation.

Check AcePyro they sell Winda Addicted to Loud 9 shot or as single shell they're both listed as repeaters but the sinlge shell is half the price the 9 shot is 2/1 and the single shell says 1 I'm still a little confused

Maybe someone more familiar to ACE can chime in, but it appears to be a single piece for one price and the 2/1 case for another with a slight case discount. The single shell verbiage could be the way the website is generated from the database.
    Member of HPA

"A good life is when you smile often, dream big, laugh a lot and realize you are blessed for what you have."

[QUOTE=pyroluvr;558521]Check AcePyro they sell Winda Addicted to Loud 9 shot or as single shell they're both listed as repeaters but the sinlge shell is half the price the 9 shot is 2/1 and the single shell says 1 I'm still a little confused[/QUOTE

They have a bunch of stuff listed as single shell which aren't. Must be the way they list things. It has nothing to do with single shot tubes. I'm sure someone here knows the answer.

It's a matter of verbiage on the website. It should say single item at the top of the column. Single shell really applies to the Professional shells that can be bought by the case or by the single shell. In the case of Addicted to Loud... 2/1 means that there are two cakes in the case. The "single shell" price would be for one cake, which in this particular instance works out to be about half the case price (because there are two in the case).
    Don't be jealous because mine is louder!

Glad I was not the only one confused.
    Life down here is just a strange illusion......

APWC