Thread: Tell us about your 4th Displays!

Default Tell us about your 4th Displays!

Share some of your stories, pics, videos, anything about your 4th shoots.

I am in the process of posting all my pics and videos from my annual shoot at Lake Powell Arizona. 800 shells, 12 person crew, 30 minutes, all hand fired (except the 10's).
    We were able to video capture the show from the firing line (static camera), firing line (mobile camera) and the entire show from the front of house. I will be posting all this footage and stills to my site at some point next week.
    Mike

Arizona Pyrotechnics - http://www.azpyro.com

Default Re: Tell us about your 4th Displays!

Decent show... 700 shells the biggest being a 6. 8 Cremoras 20 or so cakes. We had the lift charge on a 4 blow a hole in the gun. The shell still went up and broke. No major problems. 6 Person Crew. Totally e fired

my display was july 3rd at a golf course.
    about 200 shells and maybe 20 cakes.
    show went off great but the only problem i had was some of my sunny 4 inch shells were duds. they would lift but then nothing.
    the finale was 40 3 inch salutes and a 300 shot thunder king with some color cakes.

1) Timber Trails shoot was a big hit! Shot 3", 4", 5" & 6" shells. Everyone pleased.

2) Staunton shoot seamed to be a hit, still have to talk to the sponsor. Shot 4", 5" & 6" shells.

3) Alhambra seemed to go well. Shot 3", 4", 5" & 6" shells.

No major issues.
    BATFE FEL Permittee
    IL & MO Lead Operator
    Voting Member, NFPA
    PGI Member
    CDL Class C License w/Hazmat Endorsement & J-10 Restriction
    BHFPD Firefighter & Illinois First Responder Defibrillator

Clay Center, KS - 3000 shells, 5" was the largest, about 30 cakes, 4 person crew, all electronic. Got rain 1 hour before the show. Tarped everything, shot in a window in the clouds. Had it set to music, but the sponsor's sound system got wet.

Abilene, KS - 5000 shells, 8" largest, about 15 cakes, 4 person crew, all electronic. Went very well, but we had a new type of squibs that really blew. Lots of failures. (20+ out of 250 cues)

1. Greensburg In, 3,4,5,6. Cremoras, concussion mortars, mines, Flag set piece, about 30 cakes, 160 ft of 2" salutes hung from a wire, a string of 3" salutes hung from a wire, candles,and wheels.

2. Hidden Valley Lake In on flood levy over a lake. 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6. 30 or so cakes. flag set piece, UCB(sponsor) set piece. Strobes on a wire, mines, cremoras, fountains, candles.

3. Bellevue KY. Shot of a small barge on the ohio river. 25 cakes, 2.5" volleys, candles. Remote E-Fired

no problems except slow fuses at hidden valley do to moisture.

Any videos you guys have? I'd be interested to see some 1.3g work that you guys do!

512 shells, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10 and 12" , girandolas, waterfalls, creamoras, 34 cakes, 51 candles, fountains and strobes. Set to music with a pin board. Turned out to be a great 30 minute show with no problems other than the radio station's music skipping about 1/2 second about 26 minutes into the show

Quote Originally Posted by danmagicman
    Any videos you guys have? I'd be interested to see some 1.3g work that you guys do!
    danmagicman,

I'm in the process of transferring all three shoots to DVD. If your interested in a copy, shoot me a PM with Full name and address (to anyone interested in a copy, please do the same).
    BATFE FEL Permittee
    IL & MO Lead Operator
    Voting Member, NFPA
    PGI Member

The rain absolutely drenched our shoot but we managed to get it off with some success. Main body included 3,4,5 and 6 inch shells. Finale included 3's up to 6's in fans. Show was shot with a PyroMate P-45 with 7 secs. between cues. Shells were setup using time delays. The inital test and final test for that matter showed continuity in all 45 cues even when there weren't 45 cues hooked up to the field module....Couldn't figure it out and heard stories of these systems failing in damp conditions but had no other choice so we went with it. We had about 10 cues (each cue being a rack of shells) out of about 100 in the main body that didn't go so we hand lit the rest after the show. We had 28 cakes in which 6 fired. The lead thought the bag covering the cake in the box was enough protection from the elements. It may have worked with a light rain but we had a down pour! Finale included 3's up to 6's in fans. I have video but can't figure out how to post it anywhere...
    Here are a few pics.....

Cakes with finale..

Wet..

Right before shoot time.. Tarps were moved...

Member Array

Nothing to do with the 4th, but a mid-winter display on a 500m long wharf for the local council.

About 500 shells 4"-10"
    62 cakes
    Mines, candles, flares etc.

Choreographed to music on a local radio station and fired both off a 400 point pin board and a computer firing system.

Out first show with totally Lidu product and it was a real blast. The colour in those cakes and shells is superb. Look out for the "250 shot Brocade Crown tail to Brocade Crown Crossette" and the "10 x 10 Silver Fish Spit Pearls With Blue Tail"... Awesome!
    Assumption is the mother of all f**kups!

Member Array

July 1st Montville, New Jersey. 2000+ shells (It was 96 cases of shells), 16 cakes, 24 4" mines (half were purple go-getter which was scary as I was 125 feet from them), 4 man crew, shells used were 2.5 3 4 5 6 8 and 10 inch, and almost forgot all e-fired. Would have used 12" but extensions made to the school prevented the use of them.

Everything went well except for the down pour as we were finishing up dropping and wiring the night before the shoot. Luckily we had all the guns halfway tarped and we just pulled everything over and re-stapled. The shoot went well except for one 4" chain that didnt fire and a couple of 5's and 6's here and there. Not to mention we had a guy quit day of the shoot and he forgot to tell us about the slat he wired 10 8" shells up to. Otherwise everything went well.

I have video from my digicam of 80% of the finale and a few other parts of the show I will get on Pyroreview.

EDIT:Here is the video of a good part of the finale. Got about 3/4 of it as by the time the camera was turned on and I realised the finale was going I missed about 20 seconds of it. It is a large file as I didnt have time to edit it as you can hear my cousin cursing. Enjoy! http://www.pyroreview.com/gallery/da...lle_Finale.MPG
    Last edited by Italteen3; July 10th, 2006 at 12:41 PM.
    Great golds, bright blues, & big bangs.....dont you love fireworks!

EDIT:Here is the video of a good part of the finale. Got about 3/4 of it as by the time the camera was turned on and I realised the finale was going I missed about 20 seconds of it. It is a large file as I didnt have time to edit it as you can hear my cousin cursing. Enjoy! http://www.pyroreview.com/gallery/sh...cat/all/page/1
    Nice finale! Very cool and exciting. Just hearing your cousins reaction makes the whole thing worth while!! nice work.
    Last edited by launchpad67a; July 10th, 2006 at 04:03 PM.
    Mike

Here's a short segment filmed from a very unique view on the firing line. 3",4",5",6" & 10" shells, all hand fired. I have so much killer footage from this years display to weed through, just wanted to post this little gem first.
    http://www.azpyro.com/videos/firingline_2.mpg

EDIT: Here is the page where I'm posting all my videos. It will grow as the weeks go on.
    http://www.azpyro.com/page.php?7
    Last edited by launchpad67a; July 11th, 2006 at 11:46 AM.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by yeagerb
    danmagicman,

I'm in the process of transferring all three shoots to DVD. If your interested in a copy, shoot me a PM with Full name and address (to anyone interested in a copy, please do the same).
    To all those who requested a DVD from me:

1) My apologies as this took longer than it should have, please accept my apologies for the tardiness

2) DVD's are being mailed later this week

3) If anyone else is interested in a DVD of my 3 1.3g shoots - please PM me.

***UPDATE****

As of 9/27/2006, all requested DVD's to date have been successfully shipped out today. Enjoy and let me know if you have questions or problems with the DVD's.

yeagerb
    Last edited by yeagerb; September 27th, 2006 at 03:15 PM.
    BATFE FEL Permittee
    IL & MO Lead Operator
    Voting Member, NFPA
    PGI Member

yeagerb,
    Thanks for the dvd, I received it on Monday and finally got a chance to check it out. Those were some good shows! Seemed like there were some big shells going up.

I liked how the finales were built up with several large shells going up one at a time and then the finale of multiple shells.

Nice shows and thanks again for the dvd!!

Quote Originally Posted by psquared
    yeagerb,
    Thanks for the dvd, I received it on Monday and finally got a chance to check it out. Those were some good shows! Seemed like there were some big shells going up.

I liked how the finales were built up with several large shells going up one at a time and then the finale of multiple shells.

Nice shows and thanks again for the dvd!!

i also received it, thanks alot yeagerb

got mine yesterday yeager looks pretty good I just finished coping my shoot for you it will go out in tommorows mail let me know what ya think its a couple of years old havent got the newer stuff on dvd yet just doing 2005 will let ya know when done if you like it let me knoew ill send you more what did you use to get the title screen like you have it you ran a multisession but how did you get that page with the thumbnails
    www.centralstatesfireworks.com
    Lead Pyrotechnician/Sales
    Illinois Explosives/Lead Pyro Licensed
    And a Hellava nice guy!

Fellow Pyro's,

I have began updating the Calendar function of this forum on the shoots I will be attending/participating/shooting. For example, check the early December, 2006 date. This is a good way for us to share events and advertise where we will be.

yeagerb
    BATFE FEL Permittee
    IL & MO Lead Operator
    Voting Member, NFPA
    PGI Member