Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best reloadable shell of 2011?

Default Re: Best reloadable shell of 2011?

I was partial to the Double Nut Triple Ripple shells this year. Although I saw a bunch of reloadables shot last night by a bunch of pompous assholes that were great as well.
    Member of HPA

"A good life is when you smile often, dream big, laugh a lot and realize you are blessed for what you have."

The man behind the madness Array Diamond Dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nater219 View Post
    Although I saw a bunch of reloadables shot last night by a bunch of pompous assholes that were great as well.

Hey, watch your mouth. Some of those pompous assholes are friends of mine...........................

Diamond Dave
    America
    Land of the free......Because of the brave

Boomer Slimbox
    FSF Power Mags
    Pro Shells
    Black Widows
    Member CFP aka Central Florida Pyros

Quote Originally Posted by strobes View Post
    the person who i quoted and said a simple "nope" to didnt seem to mind what i posted.
    That would be me I guess. I've learned long ago not to get my feathers ruffled on the internet by the opinions of others. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion in what shells they like. Am I wrong for saying Zillionaires were the best reloadables that I shot? NO!!!!
    Life down here is just a strange illusion......

APWC

Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by stuntborg View Post
    Actually to be honest I have to agree with Tim. You came across as a pompous ass. Outright saying someones opinion is wrong and your is correct is preetty much the definition of a pompous ass.
    All i said was nope, the Ds are better, nowhere did i say your wrong and im right.
    Do we need to in every post now write "In my opinion" because some people are sensitive new millennium guys?
    Stunt, you have every right to call me whatever as you have meet and seen me around more than once. Ill be the first to admit that im a a-hole.

Member Array

All i said was nope, the Ds are better, nowhere did i say your wrong and im right.
    Do we need to in every post now write "In my opinion" because some people are sensitive new millennium guys?
    Stunt, you have every right to call me whatever as you have meet and seen me around more than once. Ill be the first to admit that im a a-hole.
    Listen up yea children of the Internet typers in your mommeys basement generation , when a man talks show respect . Strobes knows his pyro .

Not to be pedantic but isn't that what nope means? By saying nope you are saying that the statement was incorrect and then followed it with what you belive the correct response was. Basicly saying the posters opinion was incorrect and yours was ... you said you where right and he was wrong. It seemed quite dickish to me as well not knowing you from adam especially when the initial post ended with "Whats YOUR guys favorite of 2011?"

Let it go guys.....I'm not that bothered by it....really.
    Life down here is just a strange illusion......

APWC

To get back on subject!!!! The first couple of shots in the beginning of this video are Predator cans. My daughter and her friend did the video taping so sorry for all the commentary!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEf9Z...3SXhDXguE0R9kt

Bigmo

Maybe we should say "with all do respect" because that gives you the right to say whatever you want right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af-Id_fuXFA

Explodimus Maximus Array Afflicted1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Domtar View Post
    Not to be pedantic but isn't that what nope means? By saying nope you are saying that the statement was incorrect and then followed it with what you belive the correct response was. Basicly saying the posters opinion was incorrect and yours was ... you said you where right and he was wrong. It seemed quite dickish to me as well not knowing you from adam especially when the initial post ended with "Whats YOUR guys favorite of 2011?"
    I'm beginning to find this thread........

Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
    We are just measly members. You guys are the mods and threw the gas on the fire. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Troublemakers.
    Moderators can have opinions too...

and when I somewhat-kinda-sorta "bluntly" state my opinion of what someone said I get reamed out for it? Man, what a harsh double standard you guys have.
    AKA "Tim Lawnchair"
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
    Become a supporting member!

Quote Originally Posted by BigMO View Post
    To get back on subject!!!! The first couple of shots in the beginning of this video are Predator cans. My daughter and her friend did the video taping so sorry for all the commentary!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEf9Z...3SXhDXguE0R9kt

Bigmo
    Some very nice cans. I would like to give those a shot.
    Xtreme Fireworks: PM me for special Pyro U prices! We carry Brothers, Winda, Forward, Legend, Cannon, Firehawk, and Dominator. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Xtreme...16031291816903

It seemed so much easier years ago when there was only "festival balls"..... A thread like this at that time would have been met with a resounding consensus, "YES, FESTIVAL BALLS ROCK"!

In all seriousness though, I will be looking out to your call, Strobes, on what is the best shells late spring. You have been spot on each time.
    If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

BATFE Type 34
    HPA Member | PGI Member

Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson View Post
    It seemed so much easier years ago when there was only "festival balls"..... A thread like this at that time would have been met with a resounding consensus, "YES, FESTIVAL BALLS ROCK"!

In all seriousness though, I will be looking out to your call, Strobes, on what is the best shells late spring. You have been spot on each time.
    NOPE!

I've bought a few cases based on Strobes suggestions and would do so again! Now if only we can get him down here.

Oh hey Strobes, It's 10pm and I'm typing this from my back porch in a Tshirt and shorts
    Fireworks....yay!

Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzK View Post
    NOPE!

I've bought a few cases based on Strobes suggestions and would do so again! Now if only we can get him down here.

Oh hey Strobes, It's 10pm and I'm typing this from my back porch in a Tshirt and shorts
    My arrogant, pompous, egotistic and whatever self will be on tour and be in a city near you!
    This past weekend me and the Crew, The Know It All's enlightened people at the club shoot this past weekend in Crown Point Indiana. We will be working our way southward.

Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson View Post

Mr.Johnson, i would suggest for proper guidance on "festival balls and any other product" you attend HPA's upcoming annual meeting and join.
    One you join, youll achieve proper know it all status by actually seeing black box generic items and what not and be able to make the correct know it all purchase from enlightenment that will be bestowed upon you.

Pyro Rangers (Rambo Kids) were pretty nice this year
    Northwest Pyros Unite!
    NPAclub.org

I guess I missed this earlier post:

Me saying that ive forgot more than you know in regards to fireworks is pompous, arrogant and egotistic
    And it's probably true too. strobes, you know fireworks and you know them well.

Now back to you calling me out on all these things and being the only person here to do so,
    I'm not the only person to say something. And I'm not calling you out on "all these things," it was one instance that I posted about.

...lets talk about you for a moment.
    I seem to remember a post in the GLASS thread where you were called out. Between that person and i thats two of us who think that maybe your the one whos pompous and arrogant.
    If there are only a handful of people on here who have a problem with me, I think I'm doing better than most. I don't like making waves on here, but sometimes (as a moderator) I have to. And sometimes (whether I'm posting as a moderator or not) those waves happen because a person will take something personally without looking into the message behind what I'm saying. I'm sorry that you and this "other member" (I know exactly who you're talking about) think I'm pompous and arrogant. If you knew me in person, you'd know I'm very far from it.

You assume quite alot without even knowing a person, yet accuse me of having an "ego".
    ....oh, but that's exactly what you're doing.

This whole thing - blown way out of proportion.
    AKA "Tim Lawnchair"
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by tcape View Post
    I don't like making waves on here, but sometimes (as a moderator) I have to. And sometimes (whether I'm posting as a moderator or not) those waves happen because a person will take something personally without looking into the message behind what I'm saying. I'm sorry that you and this "other member" (I know exactly who you're talking about) think I'm pompous and arrogant. If you knew me in person, you'd know I'm very far from it.

You know, you talk about waves and such, yet if anybody was to take me to task about my comment it should of been the one i quoted. Instead the white knight came in to save the day.
    Anyways, this back and forth with us is pointless.
    I meant no disrespect to the poster and i wont be changing my ways because i may offend somebody.

Anyways, this back and forth with us is pointless.
    I meant no disrespect to the poster and i wont be changing my ways because i may offend somebody.
    Fair enough. Truce.
    AKA "Tim Lawnchair"

Quote Originally Posted by tcape View Post
    Fair enough. Truce.

Some of the lyrics to this tune are timeless, especially the one about being president!!!
    "No Brains-----No Headaches"
    "I'm not a pilot, but I used up a lot of runway in my younger days"

Quote Originally Posted by mko1024 View Post
    The Behai kit called Double Nuts and Triple Ripples was my favorite ball shell for the year. Nice, big breaks and nice colors. And relatively speaking they were dirt cheap, especially per break. I'm usually not a big fan of triples but these were nice.
    Bummer then..I only have one kit. I guess I'll find out NYE.

Quote Originally Posted by stuntborg View Post
    There are two companies that import Destroyers. Some are cans and some are eggs. I've never seen the cans. The eggs are labeled for effect.
    Does anyone know of a wholesaler on the East Coast or up North that sale the destroyer cans or eggs? I would like to try them out.

Mr.Johnson, i would suggest for proper guidance on "festival balls and any other product" you attend HPA's upcoming annual meeting and join.
    One you join, youll achieve proper know it all status by actually seeing black box generic items and what not and be able to make the correct know it all purchase from enlightenment that will be bestowed upon you.
    Okay, fair enough and I am up for the challenge of future enlightenment and know-it-all-ness. I have the HPA application at home and will complete and send in this week.
    If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

BATFE Type 34
    HPA Member | PGI Member

i love these threads now i will have to spend more money testing different shells this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by darkskys25 View Post
    Does anyone know of a wholesaler on the East Coast or up North that sale the destroyer cans or eggs? I would like to try them out.
    I may or maynot (to soon to tell) be organizing a group buy in the spring with the guy that imports Dragon Slayer. Not exactly east coast but I can check with him to see if he sells to anyone out east.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

MEMBER PGI
    Charter Member PTPG Fargo, ND

www.brookings-black-powder-fireworks.com

just wondering what you guys think of 10,000 degree shells. have not even heard them mentoined on this thread. i have allways been very satisfied with them for a can shell. powerfull symetrical breaks. nice colors and effects. that said, are these zillionares and others mentioned really that much better so that i should forget about the 10k shells next year and get those instead? i thought the 10k were better than the kod's and the kod's were pretty nice. i also thought the boomer black box shells this year were not as kick ass as i had heard. opinions?

Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by mulligans View Post
    just wondering what you guys think of 10,000 degree shells. have not even heard them mentoined on this thread. i have allways been very satisfied with them for a can shell. powerfull symetrical breaks. nice colors and effects. that said, are these zillionares and others mentioned really that much better so that i should forget about the 10k shells next year and get those instead? i thought the 10k were better than the kod's and the kod's were pretty nice. i also thought the boomer black box shells this year were not as kick ass as i had heard. opinions?
    Those are my second favorite can style shell for the exact same reasons you posted. When it comes to price point by the case, they are my favorite.
    Sounds like you have access to Hales, i suggest getting Area 51 shells as they are very similar to Zillionaires

thanks- i will look into area 51 shells

The Area 51 shells are pretty good, now they do not have mines, but I was shooting some at Winter Blast one year and a couple of people walked by and said Excals? I showed them the shells and they were very surprised that those breaks came from those shells.
    APWC/ NPA/ WPA
    Tech copies: Fool me once shame on you... Fool me twice shame on me!