Thread: Where to buy good priced 1.2" tubes?

Default Where to buy good priced 1.2" tubes?

I have about 127 1" Brothers brand 'Great Moments' canisters. I am trying to locate some tubes to make a rack for these but am having some troubles of finding anything that will work. Anyone know of some places where I may be able to find some tubes? It looks like the tube will need to be around 1.2".

Default Re: Where to buy good priced 1.2" tubes?

The only place I've seen them is PyroDirect, but they are curently out of stock.
    Member Northern Lights Pyros http://northernlightspyros.com/
    Member PGI

Anyone know of places who may sell cardboard tubes?

Skylighter has 1.25" parallel tubes:
    http://www.skylighter.com/mall/produ...ils.asp?id=601

Problem with those is after buying the plugs and tubes the cost will be about the same as HDPE. Need the tubes to be preferably 8" which would take 3 kits to do so. PyroDirect seems to be very slow to get things in stock, been looking for these to be in stock since August which at that time they said will be in stock in October to November. Now say sometime in spring, would like to get these ASAP to be able to start building in time for July. Was hoping to maybe find cheaper cardboard but might have no other cost effective option.

Are you planning to use these multiple times or is this just to use the current stock you have? If it's just for your current stock your best bet would probably be to reuse some cakes. That way, they are basically free. I don't know of any cakes off hand that have tubes in this size, but I would assume they are out there. Just be sure to inspect the spent cakes real good before reusing them and be sure you have plenty of distance when firing them, just in case. I've seen people reuse spent cakes and tubes multiple times with no issues.

Not sure if I will buy these again, will have to do some testing to see how good they really are. From what I hear they are good for their size. At this time this would be to deplete the current stock. Have yet to see any cakes with the needed sized tubes. Might have to join the NPA to get some connections to some tubes / some 'disposal' time, lol. The local hardware store (Home Depot / Ace) does not have anything either.

Do you have a store that sells sky slam brand cakes?
    I am just a thump junkie avoiding rehab

PGI Member 2012
    Rebel Leader NEOPG

Quote Originally Posted by svtfocusmansvt View Post
    Not sure if I will buy these again, will have to do some testing to see how good they really are. From what I hear they are good for their size. At this time this would be to deplete the current stock. Have yet to see any cakes with the needed sized tubes. Might have to join the NPA to get some connections to some tubes / some 'disposal' time, lol. The local hardware store (Home Depot / Ace) does not have anything either.
    I like the Great Moments shells, there pretty good for the size and cost. I have been looking for 1.20 to 1.25 tubes for a while. Still haven’t found them. If you do let me know.
    If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Still no luck. Pyrodirect does not think they'll be in stock this season. Only other I see is skylighter but too expensive for cardboard tubes in my opinion. Sent a message to Eric at pyroboom and he's checking. If he is able to get them, how many are you looking for?
    PYRODLITE Firing Systems Rock!

Light up the sky! Array PYROBOOM's Avatar

I'm looking into 1.2" pipe. Hopefully I'll have some good news soon.

Update: Things are looking good for some DR9 1 1/4" HDPE pipe. I don't have an ETA..... hopefully within 3 weeks.
    Last edited by PYROBOOM; April 16th, 2012 at 01:03 PM.
    PGI Member PYROBOOM, LLC

Light up the sky! Array PYROBOOM's Avatar

As requested.... we now have a small stock of DR9 12" long, 1.2" ID for sale. Ready for shipping in just a few days.
    PGI Member PYROBOOM, LLC