Thread: The return of the "Dragon Candles" at Johnny Lemas for 2012!

Default The return of the "Dragon Candles" at Johnny Lemas for 2012!

I just got word today that Johnny Lemas will have the dragon candles back in stock (while they last) with a 250 case order coming in. There will be Purple, Silver, Green, Various, and one more I cant remember, but 50 cases of each. Can't wait!
    Last edited by chris69; November 8th, 2011 at 08:03 AM.
    Coming Soon From A Store Called "Q" Its the New "Rocket Cake"
    I am but one man with a van full of PyroPleasure....
    Come Brethren Fire it up with me!!
    http://www.tscontrolsonline.com/

Default Re: The return of the "Dragon Candles" at Johnny Lemas for 2012!

I don't get it- is there something special about dragon candles Didn't dragon candles come out about in the late 70's from Temple of heaven? Yes- they had silver, red, green, blue, purple-and I even think yellow(I have to look)- Wutai mountain had them after Temple went to An Ping.

Just wondering if I'm missing something.
    MPAG/PGI member
    Type 54/ IV storage

These are the ones sold as a single color, right? If so, cool! My supply of single color candles have started to dry up. I needed some red ones and they're all gone.
    Fireworks....yay!

Are these like Pyro Paintballs??? Not a big candle fan, so excuse my ignorance....memory is telling me they came in multi-color packs, with each candle being a specific color...

Do these go higher? Brighter?

Thanks.

It's been far too long since I made a run to Lemas, heck just talking with Brad is a joy. With GLASS not allowing WS selling there (ok, could have it pre-paid delivery if HogHill butt wipe didn't ruin it), but don't believe they were offering last year and couldn't get away to get there last year sadly.
    -2 cents

I just watched a video of these... They're more like a brocade up with a short color star at the top... Not what I'd need
    Fireworks....yay!

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorG View Post
    Are these like Pyro Paintballs??? Not a big candle fan, so excuse my ignorance....memory is telling me they came in multi-color packs, with each candle being a specific color...

Do these go higher? Brighter?

Thanks.

The packs were single colors sort of, you would get 4 of one color with 1 different color in the pack.
    They Went Extremely high, bushy with a nice color star. I will link a my candle set. first a wide front, then a candle bucket, the two racks the wife put together. You will know the dragon candles by watching the stars that go the highest. I know not everyone is candle nuts...But I have always liked the ability to be versatile with the positioning, and people love to watch so many shots blazing out of a small area. The Buckets are like columns of fire & pearls.
    http://www.pyrouniverse.com/gallery2..._set_large.wmv
    Coming Soon From A Store Called "Q" Its the New "Rocket Cake"
    I am but one man with a van full of PyroPleasure....
    Come Brethren Fire it up with me!!
    http://www.tscontrolsonline.com/

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    They Went Extremely high, bushy with a nice color star.
    Yes they did. The best tailed candles I have seen yet. Shot in multiples, people turn their heads and say "What was that?"

I have absolutely no desire to buy candles ever again. With that said, I will be buying these as they are the best. Period. What a show they produce.
    Midwest Fireworks Festival OPEN to all! September 12th-15th
    Mentone, Indiana
    For registration:
    http://www.heartlandpyro.org/

Purveyor of Cosmic Debris Array Jimbo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
    Yes they did. The best tailed candles I have seen yet. Shot in multiples, people turn their heads and say "What was that?"

I have absolutely no desire to buy candles ever again. With that said, I will be buying these as they are the best. Period. What a show they produce.
    Said the Fu*ker drinkin' out o' the RED CUP
    PGI & BPG Member

"The United States is a nation of laws: badly written and randomly enforced."
    ― Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    I just got word today that Johnny Lemas will have the dragon candles back in stock (while they last) with a 250 case order coming in. There will be Purple, Silver, Green, Various, and one more I cant remember, but 50 cases of each. Can't wait!
    This is good news.
    9th Annual St. Louis Group Shoot | Ohio Fireworks Law | Northeast Ohio Pyros
    Ohio Licensed Lead Exhibitor | BATFE Type 54 | PGI Member/Certified | President NEOPG

There's a very nice video of the purple ones in Hoosier Pyro's gallery from MFE 2008.
    9th Annual St. Louis Group Shoot | Ohio Fireworks Law | Northeast Ohio Pyros
    Ohio Licensed Lead Exhibitor | BATFE Type 54 | PGI Member/Certified | President NEOPG