Thread: Bottle Rocket Tooling?

Default Bottle Rocket Tooling?

Has anyone tried the bottle rocket tooling from pyrocreations? Without getting into the details of the manufacturing, I'd like to know which tool set you guys like best. Pyrocreation is the best priced but there are others. Before I order one I wanted to ask some feedback.

Feel free to move to a move appropriate forum if need be.
    "Firecrackers...the silent killer" - Troy McClure

Member PGI

Illinois DNR Explosives License
    ATF Type 33

Default Re: Bottle Rocket Tooling?

I met Ben from http://firesmithtools.com/ last year at a convention. He has some really nice stuff and I'll be getting some more tooling from him. I don't think he (or many people) carry "bottle" rocket tooling. Rockets that small really aren't very popular.
    Fireworks....yay!

There's a bunch of these being made/sold. Theres a guy who advertises in the PGI Bulletin too.

http://www.pyrocreations.com/inc/sdetail/55456/55463

http://www.wolterpyrotools.com/?page=cc_catg&cat=rocket

http://www.firefox-fx.com/images/dscn2019.jpg

http://www.americanpyrosupply.com/QU...CKET_KITS.html

I just want to make something a little better than the garbage consumer bottle rockets being sold today. If they still imported DOT era spec..... we can only wish.

Member PGI

ATF Type 33

Gotcha... I just think if I was spending the time, I'd make something a little bigger. 1lb BP rockets are a ton of fun and probably don't cost much more than these 1/4" versions.
    Fireworks....yay!

Pyro Direct has on listed as well, some of the tooling pictures look very similar with different prices.

Did you notice the American Pyro Supply site uses the same picture as Wolter?

Steve M was offering his tooling sets with 150 1/4" NEP tubes shipped for ~$100 on Passfire earlier this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzK View Post
    Gotcha... I just think if I was spending the time, I'd make something a little bigger. 1lb BP rockets are a ton of fun and probably don't cost much more than these 1/4" versions.
    Not being all that proficient yet, my 1/2" and 3/4" rockets take about the same time to make. I haven't figured the cost of the fuel yet, but the supplies are about the same as well. For a stick, tube, and 3" hemi, I have about $1 for a 1lb rocket. I would hope 1/4" ones would be cheaper.

I've been thinking about ordering the SPR set from Steve M. I'd guess all of us got interested in pyro with bottle rockets and firecrackers. I'd like to see which makes the best flying fish, SPR tooling or go-getters with a ti streamer comp.
    Last edited by nater219; October 30th, 2011 at 08:23 PM.
    Member of HPA

"A good life is when you smile often, dream big, laugh a lot and realize you are blessed for what you have."

CB, buy the one that Steve M is selling in the pgi bulletin. His comes with a little sleeve and scoop that makes it full proof! Easy to do multi whistle and bp rockets with it.

G

Thanks George. See ya at the PGI next year!

Member PGI

ATF Type 33

Member Array

Yeah Steves tooling is a nice set and usually send a bunch of the brown tubes to use with it.
    Fun to play with.
    Doug

I had Steve LaDuke make me up a set of little tooling to make 3/8 rockets
    that you can build using just a vice. Works for awesome for just a puny rocket.

Otherwise Steve Majdal (spelling) from Passfire and PGI bulletin has a nice set. And don't forget tubes, make sure they are easy to come buy and decent quality.
    "No Brains-----No Headaches"
    "I'm not a pilot, but I used up a lot of runway in my younger days"

I agree with this statement. Just get yourself a nice heavy mallet and your all set for BP rockets.

I suggest Wolter, Ben Smith and Steve Laduke because they helped sponsor our Tri State event.

Drop me a pm/email CB if you have any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzK View Post