Thread: Muzzle Flash with BANG

Default Muzzle Flash with BANG

i'm in our school play's production crew, and we need a our prop gun to simulate a FLASH and a BANG, preferably on several consecutive times. Can you guys help? thanks a lot

Default Re: Muzzle Flash with BANG

Yeah,

Go buy a cap gun.

Talk to a professional theatrical armaments company. They can make sure you get what you need as well as the training it takes to safely handle and operate them. Even stage arms should be treated with the respect you would treat a gun loaded with live bullets; that goes extra if you are working with non-professional actors and amateur production staff (and it sounds like you are). Also, don't even bother asking for a muzzle flash. You're not going to get one. Any company that rents you a replica that they claim will produce a realistic muzzle flash is either lieing or should not be renting prop weapons. All prop weapons should have the barrel blocked to prevent any sort of debris from accidentally being projected from the gun along with a blocked chamber that will only allow specially designed blank rounds to chamber, not live bullets.
    Last edited by PyroBoy1der; August 6th, 2011 at 03:22 PM.

If your schools musical or play budget is anything like mine, I think Thumper nailed it. If you have a decent amount of $$$ to throw at this you can look at what PyroBoy1der is suggesting, but expect to pay big money for professional armaments, plus you'll have to see what state laws you have and what school policy is about things of this nature.

Member Array

drop a pop pop down a tube.
    Canyon Lake Pyros, Member
    Pyrotechnic Artists of Texas, Member

Check with the track coach. See if he has a starter pistol you can use. Be extra careful around people with it though. Very loud and some flying debris. Just a thought.
    www.pyinthesky.com & www.i-match.us
    BATFE Licensed Mfg of Explosives
    MO & KS - Display & Prox
    CDL/HAZMAT/PGI/KCAP

A couple years ago Metallica did a concert tour where they used really low bass sounding concussive explosions that were recorded. I don't know if you could use that to simulate the explosion/muzzle break and use a strategically placed flash bulb for the lighting effect.