Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WARNING to all those who purchased from "Fireworksforfun"

Default Re: WARNING to all those who purchased from "Fireworksforfun"

Nice...I like how you used the Ole craigslist trick here.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny napalm View Post
    It easier to just never rip anyone off....then you never have to worry or think about it! !

Really though to all those this guy ripped off, 401- it sucks. I'm sorry! I'm glad439- I was able to get my stuff1236 by calling but feel for those how haven't. It probably helped that a really cool cat was able to throw me a bone. I would never want to post someones info directly on a post, but some folks just need to be called to get the message. Didn't think my simple question abouthim on his yard sale thread would start all this. But hopefully it will help stop it in the future. I'm new here and don't want to piss any people off. Felt like I was getting avoided by him though so had to ask. Maybe those numbers will help. But we know how he hates to be harrassed from the pauly crap thathappened in the 2009 threads.
    Canyon Lake Pyros - Member

Here's an idea, befriend him on facebook and let all his friends know exactly what a dick he really is by posting this thread on his wall!

I love this place, f*** with me, then you f***ed with everyone else! Kudos to all you guys.....

Very noble jester of you Eric to make the offer you did!
    If you see me running, try to keep up!!

Member-N.F.A.
    P.G.I.
    http://en.freakpyromaniacs.com/forum

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    You owe me a new keyboard!
    Me too - hilarious Jason!
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that is has taken place." (George Bernard Shaw)

What a lousy scam artist Paul Frank Martinelli thinks he is. Hopefully someone decides to knock on his door making a scene in front of his wife and kids.

PM me for address and list of neighboring households of Paul Martinelli if it is of greater interest to you..
    Last edited by Dude; July 27th, 2011 at 09:51 AM.

Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    What a lousy scam artist Paul Frank Martinelli thinks he is. Hopefully someone decides to knock on his door making a scene in front of his wife and kids.

PM me for address and known associates of Paul Martinelli if it is of greater interest to you..
    you need to be careful my friend...people have beef with paul, that's one thing...dont bring others into this, especially his family.

Quote Originally Posted by r1dermon View Post
    you need to be careful my friend...people have beef with paul, that's one thing...dont bring others into this, especially his family.
    I don't see a problem with it.. It's not like there will be a man-hunt for him and his family. People want what is rightfully theirs. Would you not contact someone in his immediate family if he refuses to pay up? Maybe that is just me.. I would call looking for him explaining the situation and make him look like the jag that he is. I believe I saw someone post his wifes facebook page, how is that any different than my post?

^this

there is a line we've been dancing on, lets not cross it.

i'm sure he's reading this stuff, and i'm sure if he know's whats good for him he'll make right with the people he ripped off and this can all go away.

but to far is to far.

phone/e-mail harassment of his friends and family is not a good idea.

there are just as many laws against that as there are laws against doing what he did.

this is why bill collectors aren't supposed to be able to call your friends and family and tell them you owe a debt...
    www.millerfireworks.com

PM me your email address for a price list, and check out our youtube page www.youtube.com/MillerFireworks.

Member Array

exactly st1. hit it on the head...

Dude...you can get in a lot of trouble for harrassment. especially when it's well documented on a public internet forum. i have met paul in person, and done business with him. he always seemed like a straight shooter to me. if you, or anyone else has a beef with paul, your beef starts, and stops with him. vigilante justice, when it breaks the law, is not acceptable, and a judge will not care that paul defrauded a bunch of people. the best course of action for anybody is to contact their financial institutions, paypal, or whatever it may be, and stop payment, or report a fraudulant transaction, and go to the authorities in an attempt to recover their money. if people want to blast his name on a forum so it comes up on google, so-be-it. it's within the realm of what is legal. crossing that boundary is a very poor plan, especially for such minimal value.

please keep your heads on your shoulders...it's a crappy situation, but there are safeguards in-place for things like this...use them to your advantage. breaking the law in an effort to get a point across makes you no better than the person who defrauded these people.

i hope everyone gets whats rightfully theirs. please be realistic and think straight before you act.

exactly st1. hit it on the head...

Dude...you can get in a lot of trouble for harrassment. especially when it's well documented on a public internet forum. i have met paul in person, and done business with him. he always seemed like a straight shooter to me. if you, or anyone else has a beef with paul, your beef starts, and stops with him. vigilante justice, when it breaks the law, is not acceptable, and a judge will not care that paul defrauded a bunch of people. the best course of action for anybody is to contact their financial institutions, paypal, or whatever it may be, and stop payment, or report a fraudulant transaction, and go to the authorities in an attempt to recover their money. if people want to blast his name on a forum so it comes up on google, so-be-it. it's within the realm of what is legal. crossing that boundary is a very poor plan, especially for such minimal value.

please keep your heads on your shoulders...it's a crappy situation, but there are safeguards in-place for things like this...use them to your advantage. breaking the law in an effort to get a point across makes you no better than the person who defrauded these people.

i hope everyone gets whats rightfully theirs. please be realistic and think straight before you act.
    This entire thread was basically aimed at harassing Paul if you ask me.

super member Array Duncanbullet's Avatar

Its aimed towards Paul not his family, We still have to be the bigger person's in this. Were not gonna harass him because that makes us no better than him, This thread is a place were we can speak our minds and discuss the situation at hand not take it way beyond where it needs to go, and go knock down his door and beat him up. We have to remain the respectful community here and if you got conned out of you money than you have the right to take action in a manner that mirrors the awesome community here.
    2 Things always on my mind, God and Fireworks
    DuncanPyro L.L.C.
    Certified Pyrotechnician by Pyroextreme L.L.C.
    http://Duncanpyro.webs.com

Like Stoney said, we're dancing on a fine line here between justified legal action against Paul and harassment. It's one thing to know someone's full name, where they live, their political affiliation, income, family member's names, etc., but the game changes when you start to take action with that information.
    Take the high road here. File the complaint with paypal, the authorities, or whoever you need to contact to make things right.
    Don't get me wrong, if someone does decide to show up at his front door with a baseball bat, I'll turn a blind eye. It's none of my business, leave me out of it.
    AKA "Tim Lawnchair"
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
    Become a supporting member!

Quote Originally Posted by tcape View Post
    Like Stoney said, we're dancing on a fine line here between justified legal action against Paul and harassment. It's one thing to know someone's full name, where they live, their political affiliation, income, family member's names, etc., but the game changes when you start to take action with that information.
    Take the high road here. File the complaint with paypal, the authorities, or whoever you need to contact to make things right.
    Don't get me wrong, if someone does decide to show up at his front door with a baseball bat, I'll turn a blind eye. It's none of my business, leave me out of it.
    Well put. I didn't think my post was too much as like you said it is what you do with the information. It is simply for a piece of mind to me.

I just did a Google search on Paul Martinelli of Coventry RI, and this thread shows up as the 8th item down on the list.
    APWC/ NPA/ WPA
    Tech copies: Fool me once shame on you... Fool me twice shame on me!

Member Array

Good that most folks here have their heads on right. The beef is with him not his family! Poeple do dumb things dosent make anyone else responsible for it. I got no beef with him now. He did send me my goods, but I think its apparent what kind of dude he is. So I have no problem helping with his info some to get others what they paid for.

With that said, I do think its hilarious that he comes in number 8 on google serch!

the game changes when you start to take action with that information.
    Warning people about this person is important, justifiable and most worthy....but let's not take the "lynch mob mentality." I, personally, have not been wronged by this person, our PU community and some PU members have been. What people decide to do on their own is one thing and being assertive, diligent in their pursuit, and using resources that one may have, can strengthen your position; however, statements about "turning a blind eye" could come back to endanger all of us.

Nice to see all of the people here willing to help and having ideas about collecting. I would tell you to think about what you write and to be careful because what's in print here can be printed by someone else!

I always tell people to ask themselves before acting...what do you want to accomplish? What is your goal?

Sullying the guys name because of his actions by typing stuff here should do the trick. Playing wild west will not. If I had to go to court because you beat someone up over fireworks, I would have to find you guilty as a juror.

Should I call him and apologize for any bad behavior here by some crazy pyros?

****in' tool.

There are crazy pyros in the world just like there are cheating turds. If you want to screw people then put your boots on and get your mean mug face going. People just might push back sometimes, idiot.

SAD Paul Martinelli
    Midwest Fireworks Festival OPEN to all! September 12th-15th
    Mentone, Indiana
    For registration:
    http://www.heartlandpyro.org/

New Member Array

from a legal angle, does anyone have writen proof they were ripped off?

I will be meeting with some local law officials at my fathers cookout i will ask them to pay him a visit and ask some questions if i can prove this guy is scum.

Thunderstruck Array jonkelley82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leeca View Post
    I just did a Google search on Paul Martinelli of Coventry RI, and this thread shows up as the 8th item down on the list.
    Let's make it #1

Paul Martinelli, Paul F. Martinelli, Paul Frank Martinelli, Coventry, RI
    Jack of all trades, master of none. I don't know if less is more, but I am constantly trying to do more with less!

Our 2012 Finale - Our 2011 Finale - Our 2010 Finale

Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by jmulks View Post
    from a legal angle, does anyone have writen proof they were ripped off?

I will be meeting with some local law officials at my fathers cookout i will ask them to pay him a visit and ask some questions if i can prove this guy is scum.
    in order to proceed, one would have to furnish and submit a criminal complaint, complete with a bunch of evidence, to the proper agency...

where people gave the money to paul as a "gift"...they legally surrendered any expectation of receipt of goods...at least, that's how i see it...as crappy as that sounds, that's why sending money as a gift is a very thin line to walk on. anyone who sent money as a gift to this guy will probably never recoup their money...that's just the way it is. it's shitty...but it is what it is.

New Member Array

in order to proceed, one would have to furnish and submit a criminal complaint, complete with a bunch of evidence, to the proper agency...

where people gave the money to paul as a "gift"...they legally surrendered any expectation of receipt of goods...at least, that's how i see it...as crappy as that sounds, that's why sending money as a gift is a very thin line to walk on. anyone who sent money as a gift to this guy will probably never recoup their money...that's just the way it is. it's shitty...but it is what it is.
    yeah i wasnt going to do anything offcial just have a few uniformed buddys of mine pay him a visit and see what they drum up

Member Array

Would be nice if Mr. Paul Martinelli has some outstanding warrants on him.

wise words.... I just today testified in a harassment case. Taking action on this info posted here personally can be just that!
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that is has taken place." (George Bernard Shaw)

Member Array

Any updates for those of you still wanting to get the stuff that you paid for from this loser?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricko View Post
    Any updates for those of you still wanting to get the stuff that you paid for from this loser?
    Never received anything, but I didnt expect to after the whole thing went down. Luckily it was an inexpensive lesson learned.

It's a damn shame you guys lost money with this loser/asshole! I was hoping he would've made right with some of you, but I guess not!
    If you see me running, try to keep up!!

Member-N.F.A.
    P.G.I.
    http://en.freakpyromaniacs.com/forum

That might be, but I use threads like this for informational purposes. You can bet I'll NOT be doing business whit this guy! I appreciate PyroU people letting us know about these scrupulous characters!

Just saw this. That sucks that this douche ripped off some people. I am originally from Coventry, RI and still know plenty of people up there. Giving my hometown a bad rep, what a p.o.s.