Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OpenPyro System

Default OpenPyro System

Hey, guys
    We are working on the pyrotechnics control device for 1024 channels (32 receivers with 32 channels) that can be controlled either by a control panel or in auto mode by PC.
    The device is based on the open Arduino board, it can be very easily built up and it is compatible to the existing systems. Using it gives you possibility to conduct not only pyro- but pyromusical shows.
    We are planning to make the device source code open but before doing it wed like to get your opinions in order to consult your needs and interests.

Since its launch in 2009 the OpenPyro device has got a number of prototypes and versions.
    Today, having come up with the optimal solution we propose to watch the video.

For more details you can find us at www.openpyro.com, blog.openpyro.com or twitter @openpyrofx Any feedback is welcome!

Additional info about PC control software http://www.feuerwerk-forum.de/showthread.php?t=24096

Default Re: OpenPyro System

Quote Originally Posted by Open_Pyro View Post
    Hey, guysWe are working on the pyrotechnics control device for 1024 channels (32 receivers with 32 channels) that can be controlled either by a control panel or in auto mode by PC. The device is based on the open Arduino board, it can be very easily built up and it is compatible to the existing systems. Using it gives you possibility to conduct not only pyro- but pyromusical shows.We are planning to make the device source code open but before doing it wed like to get your opinions in order to consult your needs and interests. Since its launch in 2009 the OpenPyro device has got a number of prototypes and versions.Today, having come up with the optimal solution we propose to watch the video. For more details you can find us at www.openpyro.com, blog.openpyro.com or twitter @openpyrofx Any feedback is welcome!Additional info about PC control software http://www.feuerwerk-forum.de/showthread.php?t=24096
    I wish I could read and write German. I only studied Latin and Spanish.

Hi Open_Pyro! Do you know the people with Dance of Fire from Ukraine? We met them last year and will spend some time with them again this summer, they might be a good company to try your product.
    Dominator Fireworks China Fireworks Manufacturer email ed1@dominatorfireworks.com
    The St Louis Shoot check it out! www.stlshoot.com

to cjohnson

To read the English forum, you can use a translator

Official website of the program PyroIgnitionControl

Direct download link

to shrapnel

Yes I know about the company "Fire Dance". It is in Kiev.

At present they have an own pyrotechnic firing systems. You can look at quality of their operation under the link.

In any of a case I will be glad if you recommend me to the company "Fire Dance". To probably them will be interesting new wireless solution.
    Last edited by Open_Pyro; November 21st, 2011 at 04:15 AM.

Hmm it seems not to work I connected an arduino on COM5 but dont see any data flowing ? (tx/RX stay blank) I wanted to see how the data is build so i can write my own arduino program to use for my firing system. Any sugestions ?

*edit:

It seems to work now I had to arm the system before it is working haha. Lucky enough im living at the german border so i can read some german

Great program works realy simple
    Last edited by Janneman1; June 18th, 2011 at 06:09 AM.

I like this system!!!!
    How cost the control device and how cost the softwear?

Perhaps a way to control a generic relay board, in multiples of 12. so 2 different 12 channel relay boards, oh and English program .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2545.JPG 
Views:	339 
Size:	208.2 KB 
ID:	17163
    OpenPyro.com it open source hardware the project.
    On it of an insertion of microcontrollers and the connecting circuit of elements will be generally available on openpyro.googlecode.com.

Name:	scr_2.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	17164
    Software PyroIgnitionControl - free! To download it it is possible on an official site of the program.
    Concerning transfer of the program into English language it is necessary will address immediately to the author of the program.

Here principal components for the control device manufacture:

Name:	4766196.jpg 
Views:	874 
Size:	6.6 KB 
ID:	17165
    $42.57 - ARDUINO NANO Board

Name:	4765927.jpg 
Views:	844 
Size:	7.3 KB 
ID:	17166
    $12.42 - AUREL-TX4MDIL TRANSMITTER, 433MHZ, AM, DIL

Name:	4765128.jpg 
Views:	756 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	17167
    $11.37 - MULTICOMP-MCAK1604NBWB KEYPAD, 4X4

Name:	4395398.jpg 
Views:	763 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	17168
    $30.09 - LUMEX- LCM-S02004DSF DOT MATRIX LCD DISPLAY 20X4

Name:	4436824.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	3.4 KB 
ID:	17169
    $10.94 - HAMMOND-1592ETCDBK - HAND HELD PLASTIC BLACK

In total $110 turn out approximately.
    If to ready devices will show interest more than 10 persons it is possible to order manufacture of a batch of ready devices at the price of 130 - 160$ for unit.

Nicely done

I sent you a PM.

very nice I want one as well great post ... pm sent thank you

to stoneypyro
    Thanks that have reminded about PM I them didn't notice.

Excuse for a delay - now I have answered all.

OPEN_PYRO
    If i will bay all these.You will help me to fixt this project?
    My electronics isn't so good!!
    Last edited by androutsop; June 22nd, 2011 at 03:21 AM.

In the core the control device consists of ready units which it is necessary to connect correctly among themselves wires. So control device manufacture will be very simple on an instruction photo. Only it is necessary to buy Arduino Nano with microcontroller Atmega328!

Additional discrete elements are necessary for:
    1. Control of a state of the accumulator (two resistors - 20 kOm, 1 kOm)
    2. Display contrast controls (the resistor 1 kOm and the condenser 1 mF)
    3. Display brightness controls (transistor BC337-40 and two resistors - 510 Om, 5 Om)
    4. Connections on the twisted pair cable with receivers OpenPyro (chip ST485 and the condenser 1 mF) - wire usage more reliably in comparison with radio the channel also gives high-speed performance 0,0035 sec for transmission of one command to the receiver, and also length of a communication line to 1200 m.

Are in addition necessary: mounting wires, a mounting board, the supply cutout, a bay for the battery and the antenna.

I recommend as to buy connectors PBS and PLS for connection Arduino Nano, LCD the display and the keypad with a mounting board.

Name:	pbs16.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	17175 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pls40g.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	28.4 KB 
ID:	17176

Can i use this LCD http://www.satistronics.com/hd44780-...ght_p1106.html ?
    Any nuw for the control device?

HD44780 20x4 characters LCD module Blue backlight

Name:	RT204-1B.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	17428

Yes it is possible.
    All displays on the basis of HD44780 approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Open_Pyro View Post

Name:	IMG_2545.JPG 
Views:	339 
Size:	208.2 KB 
ID:	17163
    OpenPyro.com it open source hardware the project.
    On it of an insertion of microcontrollers and the connecting circuit of elements will be generally available on openpyro.googlecode.com.

Name:	scr_2.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	17164
    Software PyroIgnitionControl - free! To download it it is possible on an official site of the program.
    Concerning transfer of the program into English language it is necessary will address immediately to the author of the program.

Here principal components for the control device manufacture:

Name:	4766196.jpg 
Views:	874 
Size:	6.6 KB 
ID:	17165
    $42.57 - ARDUINO NANO Board

Name:	4765927.jpg 
Views:	844 
Size:	7.3 KB 
ID:	17166
    $12.42 - AUREL-TX4MDIL TRANSMITTER, 433MHZ, AM, DIL

Name:	4765128.jpg 
Views:	756 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	17167
    $11.37 - MULTICOMP-MCAK1604NBWB KEYPAD, 4X4

Name:	4395398.jpg 
Views:	763 
Size:	11.8 KB 
ID:	17168
    $30.09 - LUMEX- LCM-S02004DSF DOT MATRIX LCD DISPLAY 20X4

Name:	4436824.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	3.4 KB 
ID:	17169
    $10.94 - HAMMOND-1592ETCDBK - HAND HELD PLASTIC BLACK

In total $110 turn out approximately.
    If to ready devices will show interest more than 10 persons it is possible to order manufacture of a batch of ready devices at the price of 130 - 160$ for unit.
    Hello. Can you give me a complete wiring diagram initiation system whose components you've posted above?
    Thanks.

Here is an electronic circuit that you asked

Name:	OpenPyro.jpg 
Views:	473 
Size:	109.6 KB 
ID:	18346

All other files can be downloaded from http://code.google.com/p/openpyro/

Currently in the development of a new prototype 32-channel

Photos for sraneniya sizes with DB04r

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	18347

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	18348

Connecting the fuses on the rear panel

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	441 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	18349

Main Menu

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	404 
Size:	29.0 KB 
ID:	18350

Test mode fuses

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	18351

Any feedback is welcome
    Last edited by Open_Pyro; August 26th, 2011 at 11:52 PM.

That is very cool!

So it's only for 433MHZ receivers. Right?

What Freq is a Dewey?
    ------------
    Pyrotechnic Artists of Texas
    PGI
    Canyon Lake Pyros

RE: What Freq is a Dewey?

http://www.remotefiringsystems.com/home

S12 FSK Cased Transmitter Information
    15. The FCC ID is YMU-TCF200SP. The frequency is 434.76 MHz.
    The OpenPyro transmitter can work on different frequencies.
    The choice of frequency and modulation type is defined by used radio the module.

For example it is possible to use this transmitter:
    RF Link Transmitter - 315MHz

Name:	08945-02-L.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	18366

Interesting project and nice work!

Do you have plans and a parts list for a USB attached transmitter that works with your open source firing software? I found a commercial product in your videos but was curious to know if a similar device is part of your open source hardware effort.

Thanks for your question.

Before I didn't think of the simple transmitter only for control from the PC.
    It very simply to make - for this purpose the unit is required to you Arduino Nano and radio. In upcoming version of the source code I will include the circuit and an insertion for such device.

At our project long history. We have made many prototypes of devices which you saw on www.youtube.com/user/OpenPyro

In practice it has appeared that the first samples were too difficult for independent manufacture and the further development of the program code. On it we have passed to platform Arduino.

At present we have one commercial product which was extended in the CIS countries is Pyro-RF (OpenPyro SFX 10/120).

Name:	IMG_2374__.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	18368

This is very impressive work! Are complete systems available for purchase?

Currently we didn’t yet come to the mass production of our systems. Preliminary we would like to know your opinion of the developed prototypes. We’re interesting in your likes and dislikes about it. It is necessary to us to know what you would like to see in our devices.
    On the bases of prototypes we wish to set whether there will be demand on our product. In the total, in case of positive result, devices can go out into a sale, while firmware will be accessible free of charge.

In my humble opinion, the demand for any system will be based on the price point per cue, which seems to Hoover around the $10-15 US mark. There is a limit to the number of hobbyists and pyro-guys who can afford these types of systems, knowing that to get 100 cues is going to bring costs into the thousand plus dollar range. Have you thought about how your product could be used to change the market. I was thinking about you remote and it's ability to adapt to frequenceies. Wouldn't it be cool if you were able to leverage your technology with pyro manufacturers for the purpose of imbedding internal RF ID matches into their cakes so that all you would have to do is place the cake in the field, match your remote to the RF ID codes printed on the sides of the cakes, and establish the wireless connection between the cake and your remote. You would then enter the cue number for the cake into the remote so that it fire in the order you want or to an assigned button. Imagine not having to run wire and e-matches for a shoot. The additional cost of adding the RF chips and electronics to the cakes would be offset by the time saved in wiring your show, and no longer needing e-matches and scab wire.
    Last edited by cjohnson; August 30th, 2011 at 03:47 PM.

Nice system looks simple and easy which is my favorite

Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by cjohnson View Post
    In my humble opinion, the demand for any system will be based on the price point per cue, which seems to Hoover around the $10-15 US mark. There is a limit to the number of hobbyists and pyro-guys who can afford these types of systems, knowing that to get 100 cues is going to bring costs into the thousand plus dollar range. Have you thought about how your product could be used to change the market. I was thinking about you remote and it's ability to adapt to frequenceies. Wouldn't it be cool if you were able to leverage your technology with pyro manufacturers for the purpose of imbedding internal RF ID matches into their cakes so that all you would have to do is place the cake in the field, match your remote to the RF ID codes printed on the sides of the cakes, and establish the wireless connection between the cake and your remote. You would then enter the cue number for the cake into the remote so that it fire in the order you want or to an assigned button. Imagine not having to run wire and e-matches for a shoot. The additional cost of adding the RF chips and electronics to the cakes would be offset by the time saved in wiring your show, and no longer needing e-matches and scab wire.

Neat idea but probably can't be done with RFID tags as that is not how they work. They are used to read information from, rather than to receive it and act on it.

Passive RFID tags have to be triggered by a field generated by the device reading them. These have to be within about three feet of the device in most cases, or up to 20 feet if using UHF frequencies.

The active tags, with their own power source have a range of up to 300 feet. They are not triggered by the reader as such but broadcast their information periodically at certain times.

Dear Open Pyro

I have got some problems with the control device.
    1)I can't upload the Open Pyro transmitter file in to my arduino.I have this error message<'RCSwitch'does not name a type>What is this error?Can you help me?
    2)In your electronic circuit have you got AURE TX-SAW 433 for the transmitter.Is this beter for the AUREL-TX4MDIL TRANSMITTER, 433MHZ, AM, DIL?
    Can i use http://www.hestore.hu/prod_10026545.html this transmitter for biger range?
    I want to control DB04r,AlphaFire 12 cue,SuperbFire 32 cue.

Thank you

For you it is necessary following library for Arduino.

1. VirtualWire http://www.open.com.au/mikem/arduino...alWire-1.5.zip
    2. RCSwitch http://rc-switch.googlecode.com/files/RCSwitch_1.1.zip
    3. Keypad http://arduino.cc/playground/uploads/Code/Keypad.zip

<'RCSwitch'does not name a type> The given message speaks about absence of library RCSwitch

As to radio TX-4MAVPF10 of the unit that there on mine frequency shift keying and is necessary to you the amplitude
    Last edited by alexval2006; September 1st, 2011 at 11:23 AM.
    http://alexval2007.ucoz.ru/

alexval2006

Thank you for the ryplay.Bat is my first time with Arduino.Can you help me more with the steps?I've got all these files!

I am now occupied therefore I can't help with these libraries I will better ask Open_Pyro to help you he will make it faster because have already understood with these libraries.
    http://alexval2007.ucoz.ru/