Thread: Roadside stand in Vermont

Member Array

Default Roadside stand in Vermont

Yep, you heard me correctly! In fact this stand in St. Johnsbury has been doing business for several years now. They generally open in June. Their product comes from Patriotic, and their 500 gram cakes range from 30-40 bucks a piece. And of course, 5 miles from this stand is North Star Fireworks in St. Johnsbury. 2 reasons to visit the town.

Default Re: Roadside stand in Vermont

Quote Originally Posted by nhboom View Post
    Yep, you heard me correctly! In fact this stand in St. Johnsbury has been doing business for several years now. They generally open in June. Their product comes from Patriotic, and their 500 gram cakes range from 30-40 bucks a piece. And of course, 5 miles from this stand is North Star Fireworks in St. Johnsbury. 2 reasons to visit the town.
    I was under the impression everything but novelties like sparklers were illegal in VT. I guess I was wrong.

I lived in VT for a few years awhile back and their fireworks laws never made any sense. When I lived there it seemed only one company was allowed to sell and it was Northstar fireworks. Their current website shows they have 3 retail locations in VT. Here is a disclaimer from their website which makes absolutely no sense.

"In Vermont, you need a permit to legally shoot and possess fireworks. While we do not need to see the permit when you visit our stores, we strongly recommend that you check with your local fire department or town officials and apply for the permits required in your area."

I saw small fountain assortments @ a chain department store in VT last summer, maybe it was walmart...?

Thunderstruck Array jonkelley82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BFW577 View Post
    I lived in VT for a few years awhile back and their fireworks laws never made any sense. When I lived there it seemed only one company was allowed to sell and it was Northstar fireworks. Their current website shows they have 3 retail locations in VT. Here is a disclaimer from their website which makes absolutely no sense.

"In Vermont, you need a permit to legally shoot and possess fireworks. While we do not need to see the permit when you visit our stores, we strongly recommend that you check with your local fire department or town officials and apply for the permits required in your area."
    Makes perfect sence, the state is putting the responsibilty of getting permitted on the consumer and not the retailer. If someone were to get busted without a permit it's the consumer that's in violation, not the retailer.
    Jack of all trades, master of none. I don't know if less is more, but I am constantly trying to do more with less!

Our 2012 Finale - Our 2011 Finale - Our 2010 Finale