Thread: duck brand firecrackers

Default duck brand firecrackers

OK, so I found these firecrackers at an old mom and pop store in KC. The old man said he got them from another old shop that went out of business, whose remaining stock he purchased. I'm not sure if they are legit or not... If anyone can give some insight i'd greatly appreciate it!
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	duck.jpg 
Views:	445 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	15364  

Default Re: duck brand firecrackers

A bunch of these Duck bricks seemed to appear on the market about 15 years ago or so- I think they were made up of the little penny-packs. Some people thought the label was a little fuzzy as if it had been re-copied from an older one. Nobody seemed to know exactly where they came from- some thought Midwest Fireworks was behind it, but I have no idea if true or not. They are nice bricks though, I would keep it intact unless you have lots of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
    OK, so I found these firecrackers at an old mom and pop store in KC. The old man said he got them from another old shop that went out of business, whose remaining stock he purchased. I'm not sure if they are legit or not... If anyone can give some insight i'd greatly appreciate it!
    Hi Lionel
    I have a few pack that are logo crackers and loaded with black powder. Real fancy packaging.

Hi Lionel- Nice brick! Take a look at the brick a little closer if you can..are there smaller approx. 1" square packs in the brick? If so, they are most likely 1" crackers that were produced about 13 or so years ago. The brick label is a photocopy of an original. Duck brand came in many sizes and varieties, but this variety was never officially issued by Yick Loong or Tang Bick Tong himself (in fact I think his son is the sole survivor of the company as of now). The crackers are the "newer" clay ended type which look "sawn off" on the butt end, BUT, are loaded with flash and are pretty loud for their size. I have a few packs of them and they performed pretty good.

Original Duck crackers had a mosaic pattern on the cracker wraps or actual logo style wraps.

Member Array

whats the name of the "mom and pop store"??? I have to drive through KC for work this week and might check them out if they happen to be open year round. I always stop at that store/gas station in Harrisonville but never buy anything there... but they are good for a 10 minuet look around just to satisfy me for the day

Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    Hi Lionel- Nice brick! Take a look at the brick a little closer if you can..are there smaller approx. 1" square packs in the brick? If so, they are most likely 1" crackers that were produced about 13 or so years ago. The brick label is a photocopy of an original. Duck brand came in many sizes and varieties, but this variety was never officially issued by Yick Loong or Tang Bick Tong himself (in fact I think his son is the sole survivor of the company as of now). The crackers are the "newer" clay ended type which look "sawn off" on the butt end, BUT, are loaded with flash and are pretty loud for their size. I have a few packs of them and they performed pretty good.

Original Duck crackers had a mosaic pattern on the cracker wraps or actual logo style wraps.

I just looked at some of mine and they were 40's with logo's- don't remember where I got them-It was a while ago.

I got some Laser-country boy(PGI)-Behind the Barn(PGI) and a bunch of other stuff. When I figure how to put on this site- I'll post some

Have fireworks. Will travel. Array JoeRatman's Avatar

Moved to new "Vintage Fireworks" sub forum.
    Licensed MN Outdoor Fireworks Operator
    Licensed MN Indoor/Proximate Fireworks Operator
    CDL with hazmat endorsement

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Fiser View Post
    whats the name of the "mom and pop store"??? I have to drive through KC for work this week and might check them out if they happen to be open year round. I always stop at that store/gas station in Harrisonville but never buy anything there... but they are good for a 10 minuet look around just to satisfy me for the day
    Mikes fireworks in riverside, off of vivion road.

Quote Originally Posted by Longtimepyro View Post
    A bunch of these Duck bricks seemed to appear on the market about 15 years ago or so- I think they were made up of the little penny-packs. Some people thought the label was a little fuzzy as if it had been re-copied from an older one. Nobody seemed to know exactly where they came from- some thought Midwest Fireworks was behind it, but I have no idea if true or not. They are nice bricks though, I would keep it intact unless you have lots of them.
    Hi I just came across this thred. I have like a box of these that has 6 Bricks of them And I also have a modern smal brick of powder Keg 20/12 53 inches And some others called Alligaters also fairly new like in the past 15 years. I love collecting the hard to get wierd stuff old first of course But then new as well I got all my stuff from Daves wholesale fireworks in MO he has been open for 61 years! He still sells Dot C;ass 5 bricks of Thunder Bomb And I just got a brick of 80/12 of class 5 supercharged & Red Lantern as well great stuff He is selling out to TNT but I been buying his stock up for years. He has this guy go looking around for all cool stuff like this. The Ducks are good shooters!

Member Array

wow cool

I got mine from Gary at Flash Fireworks last year. The Ducks that I shot back in the 60's were purchased in Hawaii and had colored tin foil rather than rice paper. Super powerful. The mini brick is just a re-creation and the crackers are not near as powerful.
    Member Of: APWC, WPA

I think these are legit because I once was at a black cat warehouse in New Mexico and in a jar they were selling penny packs and duck brand flash crackers. They were 25 cents each, I don't know about an entire brick but they definitely seemed to be over 50 milligrams

Dave@ displayfireworks1 has a video of some lighting off!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    Dave@ displayfireworks1 has a video of some lighting off!
    Ooouu, he mentioned that name. Ban him.
    Rudy

Member of H.P.A.
    Member in good standing of Double D's PPP club

Midwest does carry duck brand firecrackers they have to normal tube kind and they also have some that are just little black balls replacing the normal crackers. They have all different sizes and at Midwest they tend do be a bit more pricey then their black cat counterparts