Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: displayfireworks1 atf type 54 video package

Member Array

Default displayfireworks1 atf type 54 video package

Has anyone seen or purchased displayfireworks1 from youtube's type 54 permit pack and dvd? I'm seriously considering attempting to get my license this year and wanna know if it is informative?
    thanks for the input

Member Array

Default Re: displayfireworks1 atf type 54 video package

While i have not seen that idiots video, if use the "search feature" on this website, you will find all the info needed.

Cliff note version on getting a BATFE explosives permit.
    First, talk to your local 1.3 dealer as you will need contingent storage.
    Second, once storage is secured, get finger prints and fill out the app.
    3rd, check and see if any local laws require anything else from you.
    4th, once all above is lined up, send in app

strobes just answered everything you need - the dvd it appears only mentions an "easier approach to obtaining your Type 54"

I'd save my money for 1.3 --- then you can get nice stuff like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALWxx...eature=related

Member Array

sounds good to me. I live in a very unfriendly fireworks state, should i go about getting the permit from the atf first before going about working with the state on permits? This will all be done on private property with 1.4 as well. i actually want to get some 1.3 to compliment my shows. I do have contingency storage as well

Quote Originally Posted by strobes View Post
    While i have not seen that idiots video
    Thank god Im not the only one. I wouldn't buy it.
    Non impediti ratione cogitationis

While i have not seen that idiots video [...]
    WOW, don't be afraid to open up

As above, all the info you need can be found here. You don't need to purchase a $23.99 video set.
    VP Pubs CrackerJacks, Chair Online Media PGI & Member NLPC
    Webmaster M.A.F.F. & the above
    MD Display Operator, PGI Certified Display Operator & Trainer
    ATF Type 20 Licensee
    Type IV Magazine

Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by CrushAxe View Post
    WOW, don't be afraid to open up

As above, all the info you need can be found here. You don't need to purchase a $23.99 video set.
    lol, that was me being nice. I have issues with people who call themselves pyros trying to make money on another fellow pyro for simple information.
    A lot of people on this message board and beyond spend alot of time helping the community to better itself free of charge.
    That guy is a member of your club, im surprised nobody makes a stink about him and his videos of club activities.
    Hes going to get a rude awakening at PGI if he thinks he can just randomly video chem sales and such

and they don't go around posting and naming hot cakes on YouTube or video someone's wholesale pricelist for the world to see on YouTube either like Dave does...
    Guy walks into the local military recruiting office.
    Sergeant says, "So you want to help defend the country?"
    Guy says, "No, I just want salutes."

If you do buy the video, don't forget to grab some rolls of magical fireworks tape as well

To all the experienced members of PyroU, Thanks for not charging!

I can vouch for the video. It's good. Can you get all the information for free? Yes. Is it worth $23.99 of your time? That depends on you. I love his videos on youtube so I don't have a problem if he makes some money on the Type 54 video series (it's two DVD's full). Is he perfect? Nope, but that's why I like him. Very human, and very approachable, and he's not afraid to make mistakes and he acknowledges them if you watch all his videos.

Member Array

I agree with Brian on this one. I may not know everything there is in life, and don't agree with alot of the stuff that Dave does, but he is human just like us. His videos are entertaining and educational at the same time. I'd probably buy the videos, just because I like to have info like that! I also love this site, it's my home page. Not to offend anyone here as there is a ton of informative stuff on here, but there's some people that should remain quiet.

Just My $.02

Member Array

I agree with paja4 i like his vids. dave seems to be an alright guy, i would like to get some of that tape, anybody help?

I'm NOT new! Array firecrackersam's Avatar

lol, that was me being nice. I have issues with people who call themselves pyros trying to make money on another fellow pyro for simple information.
    A lot of people on this message board and beyond spend alot of time helping the community to better itself free of charge.
    Why would you have a problem with this? We live in a capitalistic society, and it's not like he's forcing anyone to buy his stuff. I wouldn't buy it, but I do like *some* of his videos.
    Owner, Capital Pyro
    PyroU Discount Code: PYROU5
    Member Cali Pyros
    Fireworks rule, nuff said.

Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by firecrackersam View Post
    Why would you have a problem with this? We live in a capitalistic society, and it's not like he's forcing anyone to buy his stuff. I wouldn't buy it, but I do like *some* of his videos.
    Guys like myself are active within PGI for example and volunteer 100s of hours helping people get as much knowledge as possible for nothing more than a thank you and thats all we want.
    True pyros do not charge each other for simple info. Prime example is this site.

Guys like myself are active within PGI for example and volunteer 100s of hours helping people get as much knowledge as possible for nothing more than a thank you and thats all we want.
    True pyros do not charge each other for simple info. Prime example is this site.
    That's awesome! But unfortunately not all people think like you, displayfireworks1 is a prime example. I guess he just wants to make a few extra bucks, but I have to acknowledge that he does offer a ton of free videos with a ton of information. I still don't have a problem with him selling his stuff, but still, I won't buy it. (As the consumer, I have that choice)
    Owner, Capital Pyro
    Member Cali Pyros

True Pyros? That is an interesting window you look through. There is nothing wrong with enterprising... That is all he is doing. He took the time to put many videos together. I didnt realize there was an application into the pyro community that required you give your time away.. Not to take away from those that help but it is called just that... Help. Not chores.... Glass houses man.... The guy is hurting nobody... Be pasionate about the goverment trying to repress this hobby and focus your energy there...

Member Array

That's awesome! But unfortunately not all people think like you, displayfireworks1 is a prime example. I guess he just wants to make a few extra bucks, but I have to acknowledge that he does offer a ton of free videos with a ton of information. I still don't have a problem with him selling his stuff, but still, I won't buy it. (As the consumer, I have that choice)
    You are 100% correct that not all think that way and thats why hes not a member of this site.
    What free videos does he offer?

You are 100% correct that not all think that way and thats why hes not a member of this site.
    All of his YouTube videos. They are very entertaining, but he hurts our hobby in multiple ways
    Fly me to the moon

.... I have issues with people who call themselves pyros trying to make money on another fellow pyro for simple information.
    I have to agree with Mark on this, there are many people who i have helped out without wanting anything in return...you know who you guys are! and I have seen Mark help out people to including me.

I always responded to the user promptly to answer any questions they may have.

Jim
    CDL / Hazmat Endorsement
    WPA Member

I was reffering to his youtube videos, which like Davis said, are somewhat entertaining. But really, I now see where you are coming from, and you are 100% correct in your stance.
    Owner, Capital Pyro
    Member Cali Pyros

Man i just want some damn tape

Member Array

I was reffering to his youtube videos, which like Davis said, are somewhat entertaining. But really, I now see where you are coming from, and you are 100% correct in your stance.
    His pyro for a day videos are entertaining and a somewhat good view of what its like to be a display guy outside of the fact that hes firing a display in shorts, t-shirt and no hard hat.
    His videos where he modifies consumers shells only hurt the hobby in the long run.
    Theres other questionable videos he has that do the hobby not much good either.
    I understand that this is America and people can post/do alot of things they want, but if they really care for the hobby, theres just some things that are not meant to be posted publicly for all to see.

His pyro for a day videos are entertaining and a somewhat good view of what its like to be a display guy outside of the fact that hes firing a display in shorts, t-shirt and no hard hat.
    His videos where he modifies consumers shells only hurt the hobby in the long run.
    I understand that this is America and people can post/do alot of things they want, but if they really care for the hobby, theres just some things that are not meant to be posted publicly for all to see.
    This I definitely agree with, I've heard that people have warned him but he doesn't take criticism well at all, is this true?
    Owner, Capital Pyro
    Member Cali Pyros

Yeah, he's been called out for the consumer modification...more than once.
    "Stupidity, the silent killer"

I could'nt agree with you more. I have sent him some PM's in the past only to be ignored. He always makes comments on how long he has been into the whole firework scene which is kind of cocky in itself. Every situation I approach I try to have a positive attitude NOMATTER WHAT the subject may be due to the fact that you may learn something new. People are always bringing new and untried methods to the table so therefor an individual should ALWAYS want to hear what others have to say, especially with such a big following as he has.
    This subject has been hit on time and time again on PyroU. We should dedicated a subforum just for DisplayFirewoks1.....LOL
    A lone amateure built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the titanic!

Deep South Pyro's
    Certified shooter w/ Pyrotechnico

Quote Originally Posted by brian_peterson View Post
    I can vouch for the video. It's good. Can you get all the information for free? Yes. Is it worth $23.99 of your time? That depends on you. I love his videos on youtube so I don't have a problem if he makes some money on the Type 54 video series (it's two DVD's full). Is he perfect? Nope, but that's why I like him. Very human, and very approachable, and he's not afraid to make mistakes and he acknowledges them if you watch all his videos.
    sure, he makes mistakes...but when someone politely mentions it in his comment section of his vids...he removes them...when many ppl concur that he's "human" in how he's wrong w/ a particular video he posts...he deletes all posts and/or locks it so no comments can be given...and doesn't take the video down. When asked in PM or email to remove videos which only serve to hurt the pyro hobbyist, he ignores them and continues to post inflammatory videos.

I think he's a bit self-serving...in MY opinion. I will agree he is knowledgeable and probably knows more than myself when it comes to pyro. With that said, he should also know better than me about what to post and what not to post. Able to take criticism like an adult and help the pyro hobby more than hurt it.

I know a lot of good guys...and I myself have had moments of failure and appreciate being called out on them b/c in my haze may not realize what a douche bag I was when posting...but I try to listen to the criticism and learn from it....sadly, he doesn't appear to.
    -2 cents

I am going to check this out when I get home today(cannot get youtube at work),if what strobes and others are saying is true I really do not know (even if you like the guy)how anyone could or would stick up for him, and I have no problem with someone making a little cash as long as it does'nt hurt the hobby. That is all I will say till I see for myself.
    MEMBER OF THE P.G.I.
    MEMBER OF HPA
    HPA 1%ER
    ORIGINAL "RED SOLO CUP CREW" MEMBER....
    SUPPORT THE 2nd AMENDMENT AND THE REST OF YOUR CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS!

I've heard that people have warned him but he doesn't take criticism well at all, is this true?
    exactly.

i couldn't agree more with strobes. when you try to talk to him about some of the stuff he does he either ignores you or begins to attack you in the comments of the video.

i enjoyed the hell out of most of his videos, but some of the video's he's posted have made me want to rip my hair out by the handful.

to dave's credit, he's settled down quite a bit lately but frankly i check his site often just to see what new thing he's done that might damage the fireworks industry.
    www.millerfireworks.com

PM me your email address for a price list, and check out our youtube page www.youtube.com/MillerFireworks.

he has a lot of vids posted...so you could spend a lot of time and not find the vids we refer to
    -2 cents

Last edited by NYSHOOTER; July 22nd, 2010 at 09:52 AM.
    "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."