Thread: Best fireworks to buy for a home display with a budget of $200-$300 from Phantom?

Default Best fireworks to buy for a home display with a budget of $200-$300 from Phantom?

With a budget of $200-$300 what are some of the best fireworks to buy for a display?
    This is the website I was looking at if I was going to a phantom store in PA.

http://www.fireworks.com/fireworks_gallery/

Member Array

Default Re: Best fireworks to buy for a home display with a budget of $200-$300 from Phantom?

i'd check out spectacular, bada boom, coney island, big D's, kneppys, intergalactic, ALL before stepping foot into phantom. most of those retailers carry some nice WC, Bigs, megabanger, megaton, red rhino brands...
    2-300 dollars you should be able to get a good assortment...for that money, i'd stick to mostly 200g cakes, maybe a high shot count 500 for a final piece or something. definitely load up on things like tanks, sparklers, ground blooms, zips, things like that.

Default Re: Best fireworks to buy for a home display with a budget of $200-$300 from Phantom?

Quote Originally Posted by r1dermon View Post
    i'd check out spectacular, bada boom, coney island, big D's, kneppys, intergalactic, ALL before stepping foot into phantom. most of those retailers carry some nice WC, Bigs, megabanger, megaton, red rhino brands...
    2-300 dollars you should be able to get a good assortment...for that money, i'd stick to mostly 200g cakes, maybe a high shot count 500 for a final piece or something. definitely load up on things like tanks, sparklers, ground blooms, zips, things like that.
    I agree... Check to see which place is closest to you and go from there... Anyone of the places r1dermon has recommended are all top notch.. You will get more product for your money then if you went to phantom....

Member Array

Another Pa. chain is Odyssey in Glen Rock, Stroudsburg and Marcus Hook. They carry several popular brands. I picked up a repeater-IN THE STILL OF THE NIGHT. Supposedly an improvement on "Fireworks Fiesta". I'll try to get a video of it.

I would get-
    x2 Wolf Pack Double Star Kit $49.99
    x2 Emerald City $16.99
    x2 Blue Winged Willows $29.99
    x2 Red White and Boom $16.99
    x2 Silver Sonic Warhead $29.99
    x2 Grucci #200 & #300 Power Pack $119.99
    x2 Whistling Bottle Rockets $12.99
    x2 half brick Wolf Pack Crackers $10.99
    Last $13 on novelties (smoke bombs, fuse, sparklers...ect)
    Freebie extras include $24.99 re loadable shells and repeater.
    Look for more coupons!

Coupons coupons COUPONS! If you must go to the purple ghost, find every available coupon online and in newspapers as you can. If you walk in with a trailer full of coupons, you can actually get a decent deal there. Although most people save up the coupons all year to get good deals, you may be able to find some out there now.
    Member of P.G.I.
    Proud Member of HPA
    Let the comets fly!

Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by cexshun View Post
    Coupons coupons COUPONS! If you must go to the purple ghost, find every available coupon online and in newspapers as you can. If you walk in with a trailer full of coupons, you can actually get a decent deal there. Although most people save up the coupons all year to get good deals, you may be able to find some out there now.
    +1
    they have a gas coupon for a $50 dollar item with a purchase of $150
    heres some more to use
    http://www.fireworks.com/newsletter/...ges/coupon.jpg

New Member Array

Go on phantom's facebook page they have a couple of coupons. When you go in the store they usually have a couple shelfs at the end of an aisle that has Buy 1 Get 2 Free.

as a long time phamton shopper here's my take on some good ones:

red white and boom
    emerald city
    pyrotechnic motherload isn't too bad of a 500gm from them.
    i'd personally go 2 for 1 silver salute and NY harbor shells. both are pretty good IMO, the silver salutes are really SnM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Detroit Pyro- View Post
    I would get-
    x2 Wolf Pack Double Star Kit $49.99
    x2 Emerald City $16.99
    x2 Blue Winged Willows $29.99
    x2 Red White and Boom $16.99
    x2 Silver Sonic Warhead $29.99
    x2 Grucci #200 & #300 Power Pack $119.99
    x2 Whistling Bottle Rockets $12.99
    x2 half brick Wolf Pack Crackers $10.99
    Last $13 on novelties (smoke bombs, fuse, sparklers...ect)
    Freebie extras include $24.99 re loadable shells and repeater.
    Look for more coupons!
    Dont forget the BOGO.
    Lite the sky and own the night.
    I'm a first time dad. Our baby girl was born on Dec 30, 2010.

Blue thunder Array Pyromaniac4food's Avatar

I have some really good coupons for you! hurry they're are only good till the 2nd! http://www.fireworks.com/newsletter/.../fireworks.htm Buy one get 2 on 500grs. Doesn't even say of equal or lesser value. And with that 15$ rocket assort. you are sure to have more fun than me this fourth. lol

I was actaully was thinking to myself I may have to stop into Phantom because I have no fireworks for the 4th.... lol
    Herrloll weighed 205lbs in 1998

The Pyro U "Goodwill" store.

Quote Originally Posted by FireStrter View Post
    Dont forget the BOGO.
    I thought that's why he had "x2" by everything??
    -2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Pyromaniac4food View Post
    I have some really good coupons for you! hurry they're are only good till the 2nd! http://www.fireworks.com/newsletter/.../fireworks.htm Buy one get 2 on 500grs. Doesn't even say of equal or lesser value. And with that 15$ rocket assort. you are sure to have more fun than me this fourth. lol

I was actaully was thinking to myself I may have to stop into Phantom because I have no fireworks for the 4th.... lol
    It does say any 500g 89.99 though so it might just be the ones 89.99 so the selection would be limited but a few are worthwhile
    And the #1 reason everyone should like fireworks....
    Who doesn't enjoy a good bang once in a while?

Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by FireStrter View Post
    Dont forget the BOGO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorG View Post
    I thought that's why he had "x2" by everything??
    maybe he was tired?? and just woke up?? lol

I guess so but I like to clarify.
    Lite the sky and own the night.
    I'm a first time dad. Our baby girl was born on Dec 30, 2010.

Member Array

Alittle late for this year but for future reference Sky King had coupons around the end of May for Buy one get two free on both 200 gram and 500 gram repeaters also one item 50% off. Mortar Kits "Megabanger" and "Bronze Bombers"[new] both 12 shell kits for $23.99 ea. Get on their mailing list for both E-Mail coupons and catalog coupons.

Member Array

Last year shot of Wizard of Aahs which people liked. Not sure if that would be the best choice for a 500 gm cake in your budget but it has a nice fan effect.