Thread: wild boar or wild hummer

Default wild boar or wild hummer

I want to buy a hummer cake for my board that will have a bunch of flying fish cakes and emotional distress cakes on it. I figure a humming noise would be cool on a board like that and wont drown out any color from the flying fish. My question is should i get wild boar or wild hummer from bigs ? I noticed wild hummer is 25 shot packed 9/1 and wild boar is a 16 shot packed 12/1 theres not a considerable price difference so im not worried about that. I have seen videos of each cake, it seems wild boar maybe a little louder than wild hummer. This could be do to how it is recorded though so has anybody shot each and can tell me which one to go for? thanks!

Default Re: wild boar or wild hummer

These are 2 different cakes, not meant to be re wraps. I like both cakes but prefer Wild Boar for what Iím looking for.

thanks! i am looking for a loud humming sound.

I think the Wild Boar cakes have more of a growling sound when compared to the Bigs hummer cake. When in doubt buy both! I used to pair up Brothers America Invincible with Wild Boar to get unique whistle and hum effect at the same time.
    Johnny Rocket
    San Antonio, TX

Pyrotechnic Artists of Texas, member
    Canyon Lake Pyros, member

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyrocket View Post
    I think the Wild Boar cakes have more of a growling sound when compared to the Bigs hummer cake. When in doubt buy both! I used to pair up Brothers America Invincible with Wild Boar to get unique whistle and hum effect at the same time.
    Thats correct, the WB is more of a growling and the WH is more of a hummer.

Licensed to Thrill Array MovingChicane's Avatar

wild hummer really sounds like a ground bloom (or "flower" as we called them when we were kids) spinning in the air.

i love that cake for some reason - cracks the audience up every time (in a good way)
    "MC"
    Northeast Ohio Pyrotechnics Group (NEOPG)
    Ohio Licensed Lead Exhibitor