Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How did your NYE shoot go??

Default Re: How did your NYE shoot go??

I didn't shoot on NYE, I shot the following night.
    I didn't get to shoot everything I had prepared because it had gotten a little latter than I needed to be shooting (I received a "last minute" request"), but here's the sequence of events:

1) "Swarming Bees" fountain (Big Fireworks)
    2) A special high shooting fountain (sorry folks, but I won't name this one )
    3) "Optical Strike" (Forward), 2-pcs at once
    4) "Ninjas of the Night" (Brothers)
    5) "Beyond Reality" (United Pyro), 2-pcs at once
    =========================

Items I had, but didn't light :
    1) "Atom Splitter" (Black Cat), 5-pcs bundled together
    2) "Red Razzle" (2-pcs) and "Silver Razzle" (1-pc), bundled together, both by Pyro King
    3) "Gold Dust" (Glorious)

The man behind the madness Array Diamond Dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russell View Post
    DD, you mean this?

russell,

I don't think so. My ground Boomers are just a little better than those. See me at Lema's spring demo.

Diamond Dave
    America
    Land of the free......Because of the brave

LOL. Didn't think so

I'll see you there!

Well--- We had nearly 100% passfire 3 shells out of 180 didn't go and had a couple of cakes that didn't fully go off.
    Opened with Lance Board 2010 girandolas and some noise, that went off perfectly. Was 16 F. at shoot time and we think we got moisture in a cable because the firing system reset after the 1st cue, so nothing went as planned. We had 2 fronts of mines\comets that ending up being shot in sections rather than at once. We used twin boards on the outside and the center board was different.
    Nothing went in sequence but the crowd didn't know the show was flawed. Sky puke went off just fine at the end.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SizzBoom

SizzBoom March Demo May 24th, 2014 See you there!!!

Funny story:
    I had planned to shoot a few small cakes at midnight but when I checked a couple of times before then, the wind was blowing a bit too hard so I went to bed. I was awakened
    after midnight by a knock on my door, it was my neighbors wanting to know why I wasn't out in the street shooting off my 'works to celebrate. I quickly got dressed and went outside with a few goodies and low and behold about 20 neighbors had set up lawn chairs facing my house!
    I did a small improvisational show for them(about 10 minutes as the wind had died down by then)
    and they seemed happy so I went back to bed with a chuckle or two.
    "If it's too loud, you're too old!"

Member Array

Mine was 20 excals, a TNT 24 karat, TNT Bruno, wc slightly sinful, and a fee assorted TNT artillary shells. Lasted about 3 minutes. I shot really close to the legal/ not legal border as that was where the party was so to avoid any potential problems we just did a short and sweet show.

Member Array

I did what I considered to be a small show. Lasted just over 5min. I was at my friends house and a couple neighbors were over. Everyone had a blast and asked me to come back for the 4th and they would take up a collection to pay for the fireworks. I was happy with the outcome being my first setup and how much everyone enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by MadBomber View Post
    Funny story:
    I had planned to shoot a few small cakes at midnight but when I checked a couple of times before then, the wind was blowing a bit too hard so I went to bed. I was awakened
    after midnight by a knock on my door, it was my neighbors wanting to know why I wasn't out in the street shooting off my 'works to celebrate. I quickly got dressed and went outside with a few goodies and low and behold about 20 neighbors had set up lawn chairs facing my house!
    I did a small improvisational show for them(about 10 minutes as the wind had died down by then)
    That is hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver85 View Post
    Mine was 20 excals, a TNT 24 karat, TNT Bruno, wc slightly sinful, and a fee assorted TNT artillary shells. Lasted about 3 minutes. I shot really close to the legal/ not legal border as that was where the party was so to avoid any potential problems we just did a short and sweet show.
    quicksilver
    just watched a vid last week for wc slightly sinful and liked it a lot
    . how does that cake actually perform? and where did you get it from?

thanks
    gt

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Dave View Post
    russell,

...See me at Lema's spring demo.
    Lema's is having a spring demo?

Member Array

70 cakes, placed stage left, right and center. 150 singles, doubles, triples and quads and some Class 5 Le Maitre concussion pots. Fired with a Holatron system and torches, in about ten minutes, on a barge 10' by 60' on Town Lake @ midnight, Austin TX. Up close and personal to the crowd on Auditorium Shores. One of the most fun shows I've ever shot.

Quote Originally Posted by MadBomber View Post
    Funny story:
    Thats awsome Tom! good to hear you have awsome neighbors.

Jim
    CDL / Hazmat Endorsement
    WPA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Firecracker-Jim View Post
    Thats awsome Tom! good to hear you have awsome neighbors.

Jim
    Thanks Jim!

It has helped me satisfy my pyro cravings somewhat. My neighbor 3 houses down is a Fireman as well as being on the SWAT team, He actually got the ball rolling by setting off a mortor round! Of course, he went in and turned his lights off right after, wouldn't do for him to be seen participating in anything

I am blessed with having very nice (understanding) neighbors, 363 days a year I'm invisible here, just Mr. normal, I make some noise 2 days a year and they're OK with that....LOL
    "If it's too loud, you're too old!"

Member Array

We had a good Christmas and New Years shoot this. We went a little overboard this year (a good show is just really expensive up here) but the 2 shoots were fun anyway. I made an Excel spread cost sheet this year so we could stop adding once we thought we had spent our retirement.

Had a fusing problem on one of the small cake boards before the finale on Christmas. Somehow it skipped two cakes and went to the last one so I lit the finale early and then had a Red White and Blue forever going off by itself in the end. Oh well, nobody cared but me. The video camera showed up without a DVD so it was recorded by a phone. YUCK!

NYE was great except for the finale when I fused the whole empire for half the time it was supposed to go. A little silver fountain going at the end of a flawless show. Haven't seen the video yet. The pregnant lady ran off with it.

Set up pictures.http://www.pyrouniverse.com/gallery2...y.php/cat/1053

Everything went off perfectly.

10 small mines, then 1 CA + 1 Excal + 1 unnamed shell. All direct matched, and lit at one second intervals. A.K.A. 10 second countdown and boom at midnight.

Sequencers don't suck.

All 18 cakes and 24 shot fan rack of excals/hardcore cans went off with ease... The local police cruiser even crept by and watched the show

Purveyor of Cosmic Debris Array Jimbo's Avatar

Here is some video shot by a friend @ our NYE party. It's a little grainy and was saved to a Quicktime file for some reason, so I hope it works.

Well...it won't seem to upload. I try again later
    Last edited by Jimbo; January 8th, 2010 at 06:15 PM. Reason: video won't upload