Thread: Insurance

Default Insurance

Is there anyone out there besides CSI and Allied offering insurance to display companies?

Thanks
    MM

Member Array

Default Re: Insurance

tami towne at ryder roseacker mccue & huston

ryderinsurance.com, i think.

what kind of prices do they have
    pgi shooter cer.
    class B CDL haz-mat
    type 54

Member Array

Britton-Gallagher is probably the largest insurance broker for display companies.

I wouldn't give Allied the time of day.

Call Tammy Towne at Ryder Rosacker as suggested, great girl to talk to.
    Dominator Fireworks China Fireworks Manufacturer email ed1@dominatorfireworks.com
    The St Louis Shoot check it out! www.stlshoot.com

Quote Originally Posted by newlife View Post
    Britton-Gallagher is probably the largest insurance broker for display companies.
    Also the most expensive

Quote Originally Posted by pyroxtreme.com View Post
    Also the most expensive
    I understand insurance is expensive, but if you are going to be shooting fireworks why would you look for "cheap" insurance. I feel better knowing that I am paying more and if something goes wrong, the insurance is there to cover me.

I would also reccommend Tami Towne at Ryder-Rosacker-McCue & Huston

That is if you have a good record on safety and compliance.

Here's the contact info:
    Ryder-Rosacker-McCue & Huston
    509 W. Koenig St.
    P.O. Box 1228
    Grand Island, NE 68802
    308.382.2330 fax 308.382.7109
    email info@ryderinsurance.com

GK
    Carpe Noctem

Quote Originally Posted by Associated Pyro View Post
    I understand insurance is expensive, but if you are going to be shooting fireworks why would you look for "cheap" insurance. I feel better knowing that I am paying more and if something goes wrong, the insurance is there to cover me.
    Depends, it isn't very wise to pay more money for the same thing. If you are getting more coverage when paying the higher premium, that is a different story as long as it is needed.
    'Life should end at the grave skidding in sideways - A salute in one hand - Lit match in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'What a Ride!'

Sorry to hijack but is it possible to insure a 1.4G event if you are not an operator. Don't flame me if there is a thread on this already.

Trying to find venues to hold legal shoots is hard. It is made even more difficult if the event is not insured.

Quote Originally Posted by missinglink View Post
    Sorry to hijack but is it possible to insure a 1.4G event if you are not an operator. Don't flame me if there is a thread on this already.

Trying to find venues to hold legal shoots is hard. It is made even more difficult if the event is not insured.
    Yes you can get insurance for 1.4g displays.....

Here is the difficult part (which also holds true for 1.3) there is a minimum 'pay to play'.....In other words to get insured is going to cost a certain amount to initiate the policy.

This is a problem for new display companies.....the cost of insurance is based on a company's sales. But you have to get the basic costs covered first. Usually for a display company starting out it will cost you more for insurance than the budget of the show until you start grossing six figures in sales.

I am hardly an expert on this stuff....so ask the experts at the insurance companies.

GK
    Carpe Noctem

Also the most expensive
    I also agree with that!
    We have either used Combined Specialties (Debbi Merlino) or Ryder, Rosacker (Tami Town).
    Either one is good choices. Insurance is not Cheap from any of these companies. We like then because of the excellent service they give us - never had a probelm with either one.
    Joyce
    www.kneppysfireworks.com
    "Fireworks isn't just for July 4th anymore!"
    Member NFA, PaPyro Artists, WNYPA, Pa. Pyrotechnics Assoc., NLPC, NEOPG, PGI Cert.

we also use tami towne at ryder they have been great and we plan on renewing with them again for next year
    MA, NH, NY Licensed Display Operator
    Licensed CDL Hazmat
    PGI & NFPA certified
    Web-Master for Northern Lights Pyros Club!

Thanks for all the help. Debbie's group came through. Just some extra red tape. But we're good for awhile.

(Still haven't slept much since our new years even display. Gave the customer a little count done special. The train wreck with 3 cremora's in the center. Cold enough one of the 5 gallon buckets blew to pieces, we had them barracked though. Awesome display, freezing night. Spending today in front of the fireplace watching bowl games.)

MM

Good deal your show went good, I always give a midnight shot as a freebie to my client.

Uhhhh, just one question, did Debbie know about the creamoras in the show? It would be very unusual for CSI to insure a first time client with effects/product that did not have an EX# attached. No creamoras have an Ex#, unless I live in a pyro vacuum bottle and that isn't likely.

If you used them and CSI was not aware of them up front, you basically were uninsured. I have dealt with Debbie for 10 years and could not get creamoras or Bills fireballs into the STL shoot the first year.

Just my experience, not that it counts

Happy New Year!
    'Life should end at the grave skidding in sideways - A salute in one hand - Lit match in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'What a Ride!'

Also the most expensive

yes they are i called them to find out a quote they wanted a 17000 dollar premium

i have been trying to search for insurance on here, i have seen all the places people listed for insurance. my question is, i have my type 54 permit and would like to do fireworks for the 4th for family and friends am i able to get insurance even if im not a company? any help would be good. i have the okay for the firework permit to be wrote its just i need a 1 million dollar insurance policy, would that tami towne at ryder be good place to check i see lot people talk about them. thanks for any help

This being my first year with 1.3G myself I'm no expert but from what I have learned and what I'm doing is I got insurance through my dealer. I have been told that quite a few will do this with the stipulation that it is all product from them. It is typically a percentage of your show budget so it's not ridiculously expensive to do only a few shows a year. Others will chime in I'm sure who know a lot more than me.
    I thought I learned how to salute properly while in the military... Boy was I ever wrong....

Type 54

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    This being my first year with 1.3G myself I'm no expert but from what I have learned and what I'm doing is I got insurance through my dealer. I have been told that quite a few will do this with the stipulation that it is all product from them. It is typically a percentage of your show budget so it's not ridiculously expensive to do only a few shows a year. Others will chime in I'm sure who know a lot more than me.
    You Basically have to go through a supplier who can get you a insurance policy- Besides the type54 license they are going to want that you are a certified shooter-APA, PGI certified. No, company are going to put themselves on the line by giving a dimwit a insurance policy because if something happens-thier premium goes up or gets canceled.

There used to be insurance companies that offered "ship show insurance", that is a thing of the past-The texas insuance scam basically brought that era to a end.

getting a 54 is pretty easy-just have a clean record and a place to store. Getting a company to insure you-that can sometimes get tricky.

And now more than ever- the AHJ is going to want a 1M policy to make sure the permit issuer is covered as a additional insured.

I use Tiffany Donnell at ryder rosm..........
    when I searched in march they were the cheapest 1.3 another company came in $1000 less but ONLY 1.4 & i have a type 2 for salutes so if i wana use em (and who doesn't) Ryder is the way to go
    Crackerjacks, PGI, NLPC
    Type 19 & 54,Virginia Proximate & Areal licensed, PGI certification
    Associates in Show Production and Touring
    pyroplegic.com
    southernexposurepyro.com

Quote Originally Posted by adamowen24 View Post
    i have been trying to search for insurance on here, i have seen all the places people listed for insurance. my question is, i have my type 54 permit and would like to do fireworks for the 4th for family and friends am i able to get insurance even if im not a company? any help would be good. i have the okay for the firework permit to be wrote its just i need a 1 million dollar insurance policy, would that tami towne at ryder be good place to check i see lot people talk about them. thanks for any help