Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turnout Gear vs Wildland Fire Fighting Gear

Default Re: Turnout Gear vs Wildland Fire Fighting Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie-Tiger View Post
    saw you wearing gear in the heat of the summer. ha ha you weren't sweating at all - in fact you looked cool. in fact you had a huge grin on your face .
    Here we go again! Georgie and his fetish for hot firemen!

Quote Originally Posted by backdrft76 View Post

I am married now. Would you please stop posting the pictures from my internet singles ad?

drafty. . i can \take the heat. when i am in deep pyro meditation or in drama mode on pyro u. nothing touches me. though sometimes the place around me catches fire .

i came across this old post on the old pyro u website tonite. Totally amazing what kind of dirt you can dig up on this site using the google search.

it is backdraft, alojha joe, jrallen13 and qman all when they were much thinner, younger and funnier. not sure why they were posing like this together. some things are better left unknown. . . rumor has it tho it was a SECRET MEETING a few years back in Kalamazoo for some pyro u club shoot . . .

sure glas i wasnt invited!!!

please guys dont try and have a reunion tour. !!

Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by nater219 View Post
    I'll never fault anyone for their choice in PPE, unless they're shooting in a swimsuit and flip flops.
    Or worse....only flipflops
    I have one flight hour in a P-51 Mustang

Missouri Licensed Display Operator
    ATF Type 54 Licensed

I have heard of people trying to hand shoot in sneakers (nylon, not leather) and the dross from the flare setting their shoes on fire. I have also seen people shoot in shorts and other inappropriate gear. I will clarify that I was not the lead shooter in these cases (they were mostly one other company's shows) and would never allow people with me to shoot in less than 1123 specified type gear. But I do know many people who do wear turnout gear, and think it makes great sense if you can afford it and are comfortable wearing it.

I actually think a hardhat is more critical than almost any other piece of equipment, as I have been hit or nearly hit on the head than anywhere else. Yet I have seen numerous shows shot by people wearing either ball caps or nothing on their head. For 1.4 shows, ball caps might be OK, but for 3-6" shells, I think it makes sense to cover your head.

Bob

I'M an Emergency medical technician and a fire fighter and agree with you 100 percent wildland gear is the better choice. You stay cooler longer and can move more quickly. Full turn out gear is hot and slows you down. No matter what you wear nothing will protect u from a direct hit. I would highly recomend a good nomex hood in addition to your other protective geer. Keep cool and stay safe I dont want to see you at my day Job.
    Last edited by Jeff Wiechman; March 12th, 2010 at 03:17 PM. Reason: left out a couple things

Member Array

Great first post jorden. How did you dig that thread up? Lot's of unanswered questions come to mind.
    Can't decide whether it deserves pos or neg reps.
    Midwest Fireworks Festival
    Proud to be a Heartland member
    PGI member
    http://www.heartlandpyro.org/
    Type 20

Please do not resurrect old threads. Let them die in piece.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

MEMBER PGI
    Charter Member PTPG Fargo, ND

www.brookings-black-powder-fireworks.com