Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Day-Time Pyrotechnics (New Production)

Default Re: Day-Time Pyrotechnics (New Production)

It's a term used where I'm at now, which isn't a true flash mix, and isn't as bright as I personally like, but we can pass the HC testing for 1.4G -0431 with a higher content, making it louder. The addition of Ti gives it a typical effect appearance, but doesn't add to the explosive power of the shell....I may incorporate this into the effect. I like a big balzy, "Blind your eyes" photo flash and may apply for a slower, weaker, but brighter effect and see if it passes. I'm willing to give up a little 'loud' for a lot of visual, as long as it's still "LOUD". I just wish that a video could capture true sound and visual.

Quote Originally Posted by mgh1980 View Post
    That's a nice, the bottom shot is awsome, but I would also like to see something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4AfMwFe61E

HOLY SMOKE - that was awesome !!
    WPA.
    APWC.
    Listen to them. Children of the night.
    What music they make.

The cannon sims that many pyrotechnic companies make in the USA have a semi-harmless flash that is bright and loud, but is essentially not very powerful...and they are intended for 'indoor use' (hardly any smoke). It would be interesting to design an aerial item using this safer mix. Something loud but not truly hazardous. The wheels are turning. "Loudness" or 'sound' is not regulated on UN0431 articles. The lack of smoke could be a downfall, or it could be a good thing, depending on the application.

Did this happen? Looked on the website and didnt see anything. Looking for some good daytime pyro...

Found these at Kellner's. They are 25 shot cakes, 6 pcs. per case at $ 71.75. 5 Shots Each of: Blue Smoke, Red Smoke, Silver Whirls, Parachutes with American Flags and Whistle.

http://catalog.kellfire.com/individual?id=6104

Have fun and be safe.
    Nightshade2x

I think some kind of smoking tail shell with a burst of confetti would be really nice.

colored smoke with tails some kind of legal report. lot of people seem to wan it me to.

New Member Array

Is colored smoke the best option? For a comet effect, probably yes. But for a burst, I think a colored 'dust' like carpenter's chalk would produce a better effect.
    The original question from 'Tannerite' was basically, "...what do people want for daytime effects?"
    My answer is: Daytime displays that don't meet the criterion for fireworks. Items that can be used in regions where "fireworks" are tightly restricted. Something like 'chi pryo' suggested: a burst of confetti.
    Imagine a shell or 'rocket' that is 'fired' from a compressed air device (not unlike the ubiquitous soda-bottle rocket) and when it reaches apogee, bursts with color / confetti / glitter. No sparks, no fire and perhaps no BOOM.
    Yes, I know some folks will say this whole scenario has no place in a 'pyro' forum, but if you, Mr. Tanner would have such a device for sale, I'd buy some.
    Last edited by Old Soldier; March 23rd, 2013 at 05:51 PM.

Member Array

What is the height rating on these?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannerite View Post
    We have a really neat multi-shot 1.4G UN0431 article for sale to qualified persons. 16 Screaming rockets that burst into heavy silver crackle. Very high quality. Discounted price to Pyro-Universe members. No ATFE license required, but you need to sign our form that proves you are going to use them in a professional manner.
    Email or contact us via phone for details.
    Cordially,
    Daniel J. Tanner
    877-744-1406
    www.tannerite.com
    daniel@Tannerite.com

Quote Originally Posted by flyro667 View Post
    What is the height rating on these?
    Tannerite hasn't posted on the forum since late 2011, doubt he will respond, might be better to email them.
    Maryland Certified Outdoor Display Operator
    NLPC President
    Member Team Dominator
    PGI Member
    PA Pyro Artists Member
    Minions of M.A.F.F. Pro Am Competition Display