Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Fountain's ?

Default Favorite Fountain's ?

Not much of a fountain guy myself but i have seen a few cool ones . For me i like a fountain that gets a lot of height . What are some of your favorite fountains and why ?

Default Re: Favorite Fountain's ?

Gorious- Harmonious Colors fountain is long lasting and awesome colors,cackle,effects , one of my favs.

Glorious - Dragon Eyes fountain , big molten blobs of colors type of effect , very cool .

Glorious-Stinger fountain is a bees type of effect with Red, green, blue, yellow, & multi-color bees; Red & blue stars with silver glitter. a crowd favorite.

these are just a few decent fountains, and all are pretty quiet.
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	harmonious.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	10267   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dragon.jpg 
Views:	422 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	10268   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stinger.jpg 
Views:	423 
Size:	11.3 KB 
ID:	10269  
    NLPC, PA Pyro Artist, PGI MEMBER
    Grucci Pyrotechnician

MAFF April 2014 Evanessance : Bring Me To Life https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=narR...ature=youtu.be

my main ones i allways gone for every year is jelly bean and fish out of water.
    cexshun
    "Drinking cold, foamy piss water is like buying fireworks at Shelton. Sure, people do it, but there's no reason to."

Proud Member of the Heartland Pyrotechnics Association

there are lots of cool things you can do with ftns, I have a buddy who has three, three angled ftn racks that he loads with all the same ftns and spaces them out on sawhorses it is pretty cool.

Cat 5
    Impossible Dream
    Reflection
    Mesmerize
    Pure Fantasy
    These are my fireworks.
    There are many like them, but these are mine.......

My Gallery

anyone evey try to hang one upside down? will it even work? i been thinking if hanging some of the one that do the molten balls upside down to make a new effect.
    cexshun
    "Drinking cold, foamy piss water is like buying fireworks at Shelton. Sure, people do it, but there's no reason to."

Quote Originally Posted by RollerDJ View Post
    anyone evey try to hang one upside down? will it even work? i been thinking if hanging some of the one that do the molten balls upside down to make a new effect.
    You going to hang it from a tree lol. Would be kinds cool looking i guess if it were up high enough .

Black Cat's Eat My Dust is an excellent fountain. Good height crackle fountain and comes packed 24/1. Of the tall crackle fountains I've shot I think it's the best bang for the buck. Another good one is World Class' Worlds Strongest (which when I shot it side by side with World's Highest, Strongest went higher, go figure).

The Jelly Bean type fountains are really cool, Pyro Predator's Midnight Magic is an excellent example of this. Rewrapped as United Pyro's Gumball Rally and a few others that aren't coming to me at the moment.

Purple Rain by TNT is a gorgeous little purple and silver fountain, rewrapped as FOA Cool and Pyro Predator Sweet. It's got a big brother called Too Cool and Too Sweet respectively, but I wasn't much of a fan, added some other colors.

For uniqueness Glorious Stinger is great.

Brothers' Dark Science is cool but too spendy in my opinion.

Brothers' Keg Party aka Cannon Mask Fusion is really nice, it's a good solid performer that falls over at the end and releases a bunch of jumping jacks.

United Pyro - Gunbal Rally (200g), Beautiful colors, some of the most vivid I've seen
    Forward - Don't Worry Be Happy (500g) Really nice effects, doesn't get super high, but does get pretty wide at it's peek.

I haven't used this one, but everything I hear about it and the video of it is amazing

Forward - Grotesque Fountain (500g)

Jumping Jelly Bean Fountain-Shogun
    Pro Ground Display (asia pyro)
    Cat 5

some of my favorites not many because I'm not that big of a foutain guy

If you do a search you will find discussions on the safe/unsafe use of fountains. There is such a thing as using fountains in an unsafe manner.
    John 3:16
    John 14:6

In God We Trust

World Class Worlds Strongest
    World Class Worlds Highest
    World Class Bigger Than Life
    World Class Behemoth
    Shogun Silvery Cone
    Pyro King Mountain Mover
    Pyro King Cool Beans
    Pyro King Fan Classic
    Brothers Wizards Hat / Cone Head
    Brothers Monkey Business
    Brothers Pure Fantasy
    Brothers Super Fountain AKA TNT Delirium
    Brothers Carosell Magic
    Brothers Keg Party
    Brothers Fancy Flower
    Brothers Crescent Moon
    Brothers Krazy Klock
    Brothers Pluto Nicks
    Brothers Dark Science
    Beihai Sky Scraper
    Beihai 4th Of July
    Cannon Dr Faisco
    Cannon Wishing Star AKA TNT Super Nova
    Cannon Dazzling Dyno
    Glorious Royaltini
    Glorious Stinger
    Glorious Tequila Sunrise
    Glorious Tangerine
    Phantom Newyork Harbor
    Phantom Wolf Pack
    Phantom City Fest
    Phantom Moon Dance AKA TNT Purple Rain
    Phantom Apache Firedance
    Winda Screw You <--<< Yes that is a real fountain LOL
    Last edited by leeca; September 17th, 2009 at 06:04 PM. Reason: Added a couple more
    APWC/ NPA/ WPA
    Tech copies: Fool me once shame on you... Fool me twice shame on me!

Quote Originally Posted by Superbang View Post
    You going to hang it from a tree lol. Would be kinds cool looking i guess if it were up high enough .
    no, i have a big frame from a car port minus the sheet metal.

Quote Originally Posted by smoke balls View Post
    If you do a search you will find discussions on the safe/unsafe use of fountains. There is such a thing as using fountains in an unsafe manner.
    indeed. this is why i ask.
    cexshun

Quote Originally Posted by flashfuse View Post
    Gorious- Harmonious Colors fountain is long lasting and awesome colors,cackle,effects , one of my favs.

Glorious - Dragon Eyes fountain , big molten blobs of colors type of effect , very cool .

Glorious-Stinger fountain is a bees type of effect with Red, green, blue, yellow, & multi-color bees; Red & blue stars with silver glitter. a crowd favorite.

these are just a few decent fountains, and all are pretty quiet.
    Windmill has a rewrap of Glorious stinger - called Hornet Stinger
    Cannon's Tropical Fish
    Brothers Strange Colors - also has more strange sound effects as well
    World Class Worlds Highest
    World Class Bigger Than Life
    BTW - Cannon no longer makes Dazzlin Dyno
    www.kneppysfireworks.com
    "Fireworks isn't just for July 4th anymore!"
    Member NFA, PaPyro Artists, WNYPA, Pa. Pyrotechnics Assoc., NLPC, NEOPG, PGI Cert.

Quote Originally Posted by jknepp1954 View Post
    BTW - Cannon no longer makes Dazzlin Dyno
    Damn say it aint so, I only found out about them two years ago..

They are still listed on the Cannon website
    http://www.cannonfireworks.com/pyro5...o500_cat1.html

5th item down..
    APWC/ NPA/ WPA

World Class Bigger than Life is one BAAAAAAAD fountain. As in BAAAAAAAD is good!!!
    Fireworks Blast

XXXX XXXX is my favorite fountain. This Fourth, after my SMB assult at the beginning of the show, I had 5 of these guys in the front as a 'kiddie' display, grey quick fused.
    -PGI member
    -HPA member
    -peace through superior firepower
    -crack doesn't smoke itself

+1 for gumball rally.

It's quiet and has large, bright, stars thrown in with the typical fountain spray.

Usually the fountains that work their way into my show were bought by my aunt and uncle at whatever stand they find in town. Anything tall with loud crackles tends to please my family.

Joe RatMan has posted extensively on using fountains "other than upright". In general, upside down is a bad idea. They're prone to jam and explode/detonate/conflagrate/not-gonna-start-that-debate. Some tube fountains will work horizontally. Cone fountains should only be used upright.

As to the original question: I've long been a fan of Phantom's New York Harbor Fountain, but can't bring myself to pay retail for it. I tried Megabanger's Killer Fountain for the first time this year, I know some folks have dogged it but I was pretty impressed with the intensity of noise from it. It's long enough that it gives me a chance to catch my breath in the middle of the show. (I still hand fire, gonna try e-firing again some day...)
    To get the right word in the right place is a rare achievement. - Mark Twain

Pyro Haiku
    If we burn money,
    Might as well be colorful
    And make lots of noise.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyMo View Post
    Joe RatMan has posted extensively on using fountains "other than upright". In general, upside down is a bad idea. They're prone to jam and explode/detonate/conflagrate/not-gonna-start-that-debate. Some tube fountains will work horizontally. Cone fountains should only be used upright.

As to the original question: I've long been a fan of Phantom's New York Harbor Fountain, but can't bring myself to pay retail for it. I tried Megabanger's Killer Fountain for the first time this year, I know some folks have dogged it but I was pretty impressed with the intensity of noise from it. It's long enough that it gives me a chance to catch my breath in the middle of the show. (I still hand fire, gonna try e-firing again some day...)
    thats all i need to know. then i'll put them up there, but upright and have it flow down.
    cexshun

Member Array

Need some advice. My Mother in law is celebrating her 80th birthday this Jan 1st ,,Have been told by the spouse that she would think it is great to have the figures 8 and 0 in fireworks. thought about trying to use some fountains on a 4x8 lattice work. Question. Is that feasible, and how many and what kind of fntns would you suggest? All advice appreciated

Gum Ball Rally - UP
    Takin Care of Business - Pyro King
    Cresent Moon - Brothers
    Bug Zapper - Winco
    Cool You Gotta Say It Right - FOA
    Silvery - Unknown
    Crazy Lazer Cones - Red Rhino
    High Voltage - Pyro Predator
    Killer Bees - Ol' standby
    Happiness - Ol' standby
    Garden in Spring - Ol' standby

"Fountain/Mine"
    T.B./H.A. - ???
    Treasure Hide in Flower - ???
    Ghost Noise - ???
    Cannon Mines - Cannon
    "Firecrackers...the silent killer" - Troy McClure

Member PGI

Illinois DNR Explosives License
    ATF Type 33

my main ones i allways gone for every year is jelly bean and fish out of water.
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyMo View Post
    I think you would be safe tilting cones as long as you stay less that about 40 degrees, anything past 45 degrees and gravity can stop working for you and those cones.

The idea of making a waterfall by placing a few fountains on a 2x4 and tilting them towards the audience has been talked about here before but I have never tried it myself.

To get the best effect I would think you would need the type of fountain that could be placed on a 6ft ladder and when lit has sparks that come all the way down to the ground without going too high coming up out of the fountain. Finding the perfect fountain to do that is something on my things to do list. If the stars just shoot out without spilling over the effect is not going to work.
    APWC/ NPA/ WPA

Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    Need some advice. My Mother in law is celebrating her 80th birthday this Jan 1st ,,Have been told by the spouse that she would think it is great to have the figures 8 and 0 in fireworks. thought about trying to use some fountains on a 4x8 lattice work. Question. Is that feasible, and how many and what kind of fntns would you suggest? All advice appreciated

Search around for better tips on lance work, and 1.4g substitutes for lance. Not sure horizontal fountains are a good idea, you don't want to the nozzles to clog up and explode.

I've never done anything like that, but I would use morning glory sparklers mounted to some board or lattice type structure to make the numbers.

Have fireworks. Will travel. Array JoeRatman's Avatar

Favorite tall fountains

Bigger than Life. 18-30' for 84 seconds. I am using some of these in my STL set piece.
    Behemoth (WC), Executioner (Hales), Annialator (Hales). 18-20' 70-80 sec. Using these at STL as well.
    Worlds Strongest, 55-60 sec, hits 25' for the last 5 seconds or so.
    Silvery cones (Red Lantern) 15', 32 sec, bright white spray (at STL)
    Cone #4 (Victory) 15', 28 sec, has blue flame with white spray (at STL)
    Wizards Hat (Brothers), 15', 43 secs, has blue flame with white spray (at STL).

I have used up side down fountains, but they were choke-less ones or hand-held ones that burn up as they go. Generally, I would not use fountains at more than 45 degrees off of up right.
    Licensed MN Outdoor Fireworks Operator
    Licensed MN Indoor/Proximate Fireworks Operator
    CDL with hazmat endorsement

Short Circuit is a real nice fountain by Glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by flashfuse View Post

What is this cackle effects you speak of?

My 2 favorite fountains are the silvery cone by red lantern and Stinger by glorious.

Edit:

Use falling leaves fuse! I just got mine from cannonfuse and it looks just like lance! make sure to spread it out at least 3.5 inches so they don't bleed together.
    Last edited by pyrokid; September 18th, 2009 at 02:49 PM. Reason: add more

Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    Sunlight of Florida BP4116

I hope to see a better suited fountain next year that will great for consumer lace work.

1) Cheap to make, High profit!
    2) There reall isn't much out there now to use for consumer Lance.
    3) There is a demand and if you build it they will come!
    4) Its close to October when all You Importers start your China shopping trips.

HINT - HINT- HINT
    Last edited by leeca; September 18th, 2009 at 04:34 PM.
    APWC/ NPA/ WPA

Forward - Grotesque Fountain we use this fountain for our 1.3 shows. Another fav of mine is Black Cat - Underwater Furry
    Knight's of Thunder Pyrotechnics
    Ohio Shooter's Assistant

Member Array

Just curious, when is the term "gerb" used versus "fountain"? When people speak of lance work, do they generally say "gerb" or "fountain"?