Thread: New to non phantom brands

Default New to non phantom brands

I have been buying Phantom for years. Then I joined this forum and...well ... long story short I am going wholesale this year. I viewed the re wrap and luckily found a few favorites on there. For the ones that are not mentioned in the re wrap, i was wondering what items in other brands (available from spirit of 76) are similar to the phantom items listed below:

Emerald city
    Silver Sonic Warhead
    machine gun shell (think it had a re wrap but not available at spirit of 76)
    molotov cocktail
    MAN-O-WAR
    MOLTEN CORE

Default Re: New to non phantom brands

wish i could help but i dont know phantoms products

I agree that Man-o-war (provided they still make it like they did 4 years ago) is a nice cake.

Other than that, I say to do some exploring. Watch some videos, read some reviews, and learn about the myriad product that is available out there. I'd be willing to bet that you'll find product that you will like even more than the Phantom stuff you're used to using. Happy hunting
    Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither...
    Member: PA Pyro Artists
    Member: NLPC (http://www.thenlpc.com/)
    Member: PGI

For Emerald City - Try shogun 'Going Green' - it's 10 shots (as compared to 16) but it's a nice all green cake.
    If '76 ever decides to carry it, Winda's Purely Green is also very close, and is 16 shots.

I haven't found any re-wrap of Man-O-War (anywhere), but 76 carries a lot of really nice 12 shot cakes, both straight up and angled.

For the other items, you can check out video of a lot of what Spirit carries on their Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/SpiritOf76Fireworks

and get video of most of the rest in the Gallery here in PU or in the pyroreview.com gallery.

Because of the high number of high quality items that all of the wholesalers now sell, I've stopped trying to get re-wraps for Phanotm items and instead have found plenty of items that are similar enough (break patterns, effects, etc) that I no longer worry about direct re-wraps...

There are others here are are better versed in Phantom re-wraps so they will probably have a better idea on re-wraps of anything that's currently available.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroJ View Post
    For Emerald City - Try shogun 'Going Green' - it's 10 shots (as compared to 16) but it's a nice all green cake.
    If '76 ever decides to carry it, Winda's Purely Green is also very close, and is 16 shots.

I haven't found any re-wrap of Man-O-War (anywhere), but 76 carries a lot of really nice 12 shot cakes, both straight up and angled.

For the other items, you can check out video of a lot of what Spirit carries on their Youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/SpiritOf76Fireworks

and get video of most of the rest in the Gallery here in PU or in the pyroreview.com gallery.

Because of the high number of high quality items that all of the wholesalers now sell, I've stopped trying to get re-wraps for Phanotm items and instead have found plenty of items that are similar enough (break patterns, effects, etc) that I no longer worry about direct re-wraps...

There are others here are are better versed in Phantom re-wraps so they will probably have a better idea on re-wraps of anything that's currently available.
    ok wow those videos are exactly what I needed. they even have duration and height, this is great.

I believe
    Machine Gun Shell = Coconut Grove Song
    Molten Core = Top Secret (Forward brand)