Thread: ODA Cable Recommendations

Default ODA Cable Recommendations

I am purchasing an ODA 50 Que Firing system in the very near future and was wondering from those that have used the system a couple of things:

1. Where did you get your DB25 cables from?
    ODA, Monoprice.com, cables4computers.com, or other

2. Has anyone experience que failure as a result of using a NON ODA cable with their system. I have heard stories about firing switch 1 and a different random que would fire. Has this happened?

3. Where would you recommend buying the cables based on your actual experience.

The cables at ODA are quite pricey and the other sites have DB25 cables for significantly cheaper. Do you get what you pay for is it okay to go with a different supplier?

Thanks,
    SSP

Default Re: ODA Cable Recommendations

Haven't got a chance to use them yet, but I got mine from Monoprice.

You should be able to use any db25 cables, as long as the pins are wired striaght through, pin 1-1, pin 2-2, pin 3-3 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jrpyro View Post
    You should be able to use any db25 cables, as long as the pins are wired striaght through, pin 1-1, pin 2-2, pin 3-3 etc.
    Yes, you are right jrpyro. But I am trying to verify others real experiences with using other cables.

I bought all my cables and data switches from Monoprice.com. I have had no issues with them. Hope that helps
    www.mortartubes.net HDPE Mortars & Plugs, Mortar Tube Rack Kits, Solid Oak DR-11 Plugs, Rocket building sticks.
    Pyro-D-Lite FCC wireless firing systems

Quote Originally Posted by Pyroforfun View Post
    I bought all my cables and data switches from Monoprice.com. I have had no issues with them. Hope that helps
    Thanks, exactly the confirmation I am looking for.

How about the quality of the cables. Durable?

Quote Originally Posted by Shooting Star Pyro View Post
    Thanks, exactly the confirmation I am looking for.

How about the quality of the cables. Durable?
    I have no complaints for the price of them. I do however coat all our cables with the flexible bed liner you can buy in the gallon can's. It really beefs them up. Sounds kind of weird I know but I swear buy it.
    www.mortartubes.net HDPE Mortars & Plugs, Mortar Tube Rack Kits, Solid Oak DR-11 Plugs, Rocket building sticks.
    Pyro-D-Lite FCC wireless firing systems

Member Array

5 of my 100' cables are from monoprice...The firing from the wrong cue is only if you get cables that aren't wired straight through.* Just order DB25 m/m and you'll be fine.The ODA cables are better quality...but if you're not using them commercially, it's really not worth the money.* I had my 5 delivered for under $100.

I have Monoprice and Cablesondemand cables (Amphenol). The Monoprice cables worked fine with my ODA 10Q but I like the quality of the Cablesondemand better and they are 26awg vs 28awg but are more expensive. I haven't used the Cablesondemand cables yet, mainly bought them for my other firing system. Cables on demand is running a 20% off sale and has free shipping on orders over $100 worth checking out but will be more than Monoprice.
    ATF Type 54
    Kansas Display License
    www.trmpyro.com