Thread: Andy Rooney's Favorite Holiday

Member Array

Default Andy Rooney's Favorite Holiday

The below below link is from a two minute segment by Andy Rooney that aired on 60 Minutes this past Sunday 01/11/09.

Thought I'd share it with my fellow Pyros....... Now, if I can only get out to Johnny Lemas on the 24th....

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4713521n

Default Re: Andy Rooney's Favorite Holiday

Yeah, nice. Was already posted here

You're from Chicago? What part? Lots of fun-n-sun there this time of year

Short drive to Lemas -- especially when you ride with Backdrft76

Quote Originally Posted by russell View Post
    Yeah, nice. Was already posted here

Short drive to Lemas -- especially when you ride with Backdrft76

Ouch....I can attest..when I took the trip in Oct...the border right after getting into Indiana....cops GALORE...I saw 6 within 12miles of of entering....Oye Vey... after the first one I was gun-shy..after the third...I was like a grandma going to church on Sunday. It did make me appreciate the trees turning colors on the drive there though.
    -2 cents

Member Array

"I don't know what the statistics are on fireworks, but we had fun with ours. And no one ever got hurt"
    This was my favorite quote...

"A lot of things in life are dangerous. It's hard to know where to draw the line."
    "I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations with illuminations (fireworks), from one end of this continent to the other.....forevermore!"_John Adams July 4, 1776

This is a great story about Andy's love and pro-stance of shooting fireworks!

The PGI and other clubs should invite him to their conventions as they did the late George Plimpton, who once attended while I was there, and was another celebrity lover of fireworks!

(You'll never guess what George was handed to shoot on the firing line at the PGI convention, I can't remember which convention it was, but the item was a 25 shot TK !!! LOL !!! True story. Does anyone else remember)?

Let's make a digilent effort to invite him to the PGI, Club shoots, and to this wonderful fireworks forum Pyrouniverse .
    Last edited by standingonthecorner2; February 7th, 2009 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by drgoedken View Post
    Ouch....I can attest..when I took the trip in Oct...the border right after getting into Indiana....cops GALORE...I saw 6 within 12miles of of entering....Oye Vey... after the first one I was gun-shy..after the third...I was like a grandma going to church on Sunday. It did make me appreciate the trees turning colors on the drive there though.
    You must have taken the Skyway, I take the 294. Much safer on the way back home.
    Rudy

Member of H.P.A.
    Member in good standing of Double D's PPP club

Member Array

that was a great clip. Its so nice to see some one on tv in favor of fireworks. it seem like all you see on tv is how bad fireworks are.