Thread: "new" mega cake idea

Member Array

Default "new" mega cake idea

Hey all, this idea has bounced around in my head the last few days.. (sort of like a ground bloom in a fishbowl)

LAst year BC brought out the Pro Connector series with it's plug in linking fuse.. one light, 4 cakes fire. This year the hot items are the new 3" 9shot cakes.. We all know the 500g limit per CAKE, so why not merge these 2 innovations? Each cake is only 500g, but we can get a nice big cake out of it. They could even up the pacing of each individual cake so they rival firing rate of the more common 500g cakes...

You can buy a case of 3" cakes 3/1, 4/1 etc. and have them all joinable with that fusing. that way you could make a seamless 3" 27shot cake. Then take into account the different 3" cakes and you could put a nice show together... I KNOW I would be interested..

Default Re: "new" mega cake idea

Burning Money...

If you have the cash, it would look nice.
    APWC/ NPA/ WPA
    Tech copies: Fool me once shame on you... Fool me twice shame on me!

Member Array

Gotta pay to play mang!! That would be an issue, no doubt, but then again, it would be rivaling 1.3g performance.

Quote Originally Posted by lamrith
    Gotta pay to play mang!! That would be an issue, no doubt, but then again, it would be rivaling 1.3g performance.
    why dont you just fuse them like that yourself?
    Never fear....the 4th is less than a year..

I have yet to see any of the 3" 9 shots come packed more than 2/1.

That's 18 shots for $57.00 average, $3.00 per shot. (wholesale) retail.....oh my god!

144 shots of new Golden Bear PPS8 cannisters....$80.00 $0.55 per shot.....gets my vote.

Seeing peoples faces when I chain fuse all these together in my racks...priceless
    Dominator Fireworks China Fireworks Manufacturer email ed1@dominatorfireworks.com
    The St Louis Shoot check it out! www.stlshoot.com

Member Array

Good point, good points. I guess my view is a couple fold....

1. I have heard these new 3" are rivaling true 3" shells in performance, so bigger than any 1.4g shell....

2. Time is $$. Setting up a shells how take a large amount of time. I am a shell guy by nature, I LOVE firing shells, but it takes a LONG time to set-up a big shell show. If I can get same or better performance and just have to drop a cake in the field and plug it in, it is a no brainer... I just dropped 18 shots down in 1-2min versus 1 shot taking the better if 5 between making the rack, laying the effects out, dropping the shells fusing and matching......

I think I really need to get eyes on one of these new cakes and see if the performance lives up to the hype...

Standard makes a setup just like this. They have 8 cakes all in one box, setting in a wooden framework. It's called a "finale box" One fuse to light, and they all go. Very nice too

Dan
    VICTORY FIREWORKS and HALE'S---Best fireworks at the best prices! period.
    Type 54 1.3g permit holder
    Indoor/proximate certified
    Member PGI
    Pyroreview Administrator

they should just make all cakes with a start and finish fuse that way you can link up anything you want. I thinks the cspc has a rule on this though because I have seen a few cakes like this but they were one of those special items.