Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Big Fireworks Rewrap List

Default Re: BIG's/WC Rewrap list

Quote Originally Posted by sparky View Post
    Bigs ordering and shoot guide, top secret
    I have found that info in my research but cant remember exactly where if I come across it again i will post the source.

Anyone seen a video for The Last Stand?

Anything New as far as rewraps on there newer items.
    PyroDogs Member
    Canyon Lake Pyros

Quote Originally Posted by coachtimmyj View Post
    I must have gotten my hands on a crappy Riding Hard because the one I had you could barely tell it was blue stars, but the Sir Vesa was a very nice blue color and I thought the crackling was much fuller. Oh well, shows what I know

I wasn't saying that any of these should be removed from the list, it's very helpful when purchasing product. I just think sometimes the word "re-wrap" gets thrown around a little carelessly, not necessarily with this list in particular.
    i have shot them both and agree with you coach. not as nice a blue and not as nice a crackle. like ordering a coca-cola and they bring you some generic brand that yeah its still a cola but tastes no where near as good. this isnt a good re-wrap sad to say.

but not nearly as bad a job as they did trying to say Rising Sun Whirl Blast was a rewrap of the MB Howling Tiger cake

i have a case of riding hard i wil lhave to use up in a front or something.

Bump Thread.
    I used this as a reference thread to place my order along with current comments and videos.
    PyroDogs Member
    Canyon Lake Pyros

Re bump thread.Is there any more out there.
    PyroDogs Member
    Canyon Lake Pyros

Quote Originally Posted by maxbear View Post
    Re bump thread.Is there any more out there.
    I'll put one together brother, in a few days. lol

Quote Originally Posted by sparky View Post
    I'll put one together brother, in a few days. lol
    SWEET...still in the loop there eh?
    -2 cents

Sparky bringing some excitement back.
    PyroDogs Member
    Canyon Lake Pyros

Thunderstruck Array jonkelley82's Avatar

I'm back to help keep this thread current with your guys help. I was without internet for about a year due to purchasing a house and renovating it on top of an already busy schedule, not too mention it was really hard finding a decent ISP out here at my new hillbilly deluxe pad Start bringing me back up to speed of new rewraps or dropped product. I will do my best to keep it current. Nice to hear you pipe up Mark!
    Jack of all trades, master of none. I don't know if less is more, but I am constantly trying to do more with less!

Our 2012 Finale - Our 2011 Finale - Our 2010 Finale

Good to see you back!
    9th Annual St. Louis Group Shoot | Ohio Fireworks Law | Northeast Ohio Pyros
    Ohio Licensed Lead Exhibitor | BATFE Type 54 | PGI Member/Certified | President NEOPG

Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by russell View Post
    Good to see you back!
    Not only is he back, the illusive Cheshire cat (previous avatar reference) will be attending GLASS this year too NY going to represent in full force with about a dozen of us from the upstate region!!!!

Thanks Russ

And to Mr. NVS: Wow, way to "let the cat out of the bag" ***clears throut*** Now who has some rewraps for me to colorcode?
    Jack of all trades, master of none. I don't know if less is more, but I am constantly trying to do more with less!

maybe someone can clear this up for me. My understanding of a "rewrap" is that it is the exact same thing, just a different label. On the list, you have Pro Shells, Exterminator Shells, and Excaliburs as rewraps. My understanding is that Pro Shells and Exterminators are in fact, the exact same shell with different labeling. As for Excaliburs, I was told that they are completely a different shell, and in fact, made in a different factory all together. Does anyone know this for sure?

99% sure that pro shells/excaliburs fits your definition there.
    9th Annual St. Louis Group Shoot | Ohio Fireworks Law | Northeast Ohio Pyros
    Ohio Licensed Lead Exhibitor | BATFE Type 54 | PGI Member/Certified | President NEOPG

I just want to add when comparing goliath to the ripper , Goliath has a quality single shells in them , the singles in the bigs Asst. are more like Cheap black box.

Quote Originally Posted by kv341 View Post
    maybe someone can clear this up for me. My understanding of a "rewrap" is that it is the exact same thing, just a different label. On the list, you have Pro Shells, Exterminator Shells, and Excaliburs as rewraps. My understanding is that Pro Shells and Exterminators are in fact, the exact same shell with different labeling. As for Excaliburs, I was told that they are completely a different shell, and in fact, made in a different factory all together. Does anyone know this for sure?
    Excaliburs are excalburs, the others are clones

Quote Originally Posted by kv341 View Post
    As for Excaliburs, I was told that they are completely a different shell, and in fact, made in a different factory all together. Does anyone know this for sure?
    I was told the exact opposite. If I remember correctly, it was BIG's themselves that told me that the WC Excals were made by megabanger. Megabanger pretty much made eveerything that was WC. Megabanger also made all of the bigs shells in question. They were indeed "excals", and they simply pasted big's wrapper on one shell and a WC wrapper on another. This was all before the big split between Jakes/WC & Megabanger. From what little I know Jakes now owns their own factory in China, and that is partially why Megabanger jumped on board with BIG's. With that being said, Megabanger is still making original "excals" for bigs, just under another name and wrapper.

Bump some Rewrap name changes.
    Last edited by maxbear; March 30th, 2011 at 04:54 PM.
    PyroDogs Member
    Canyon Lake Pyros

A few updates

BF supply and demand = MB Americas rhythm
    BF Liquid Crystal = Megabanger Sky Paradise
    BF Action = Forward Desert Storm
    BF The Brocade King = Phantom Blue Brocade Barrage
    BF Gold Volcano = Phantom Vertical Velocity = Forward Pyramid
    BF Red October = Phantom Red Flash Reactor
    BF Sharp Shooter = Dominator Detonator = United Pyro Good to the Last Shot
    MB Scorpions = Skyking Black Widow
    BF Crown Royal = Skyking I Dare You
    BF Sexy Bitch = Skyking Its Good To Be King
    BF Pure Hell = Skyking Cranked
    BF Californication = Skyking Viper
    BF Bone Breaker = Skyking Law Breaker

Big's Big Sexy = WC Pure Seduction = PK Nice Rack ***THIS ITEM WAS MOVED TO A DIFFERENT FACTORY AND IS NO LONGER A REWRAP OF PS OR NR**

Big's Dante's Inferno = WC The Chosen One ** THIS IS NOT CORRECT** NOT EVEN SIMILAR**

Big's Crypt Keeper = WC Grave Digger ** THIS WOULD FALL UNDER SIMILAR BUT NOT A REWRAP**

Big's Wall of Fire = WC Wall of Fire ** NOT A REWRAP OR SIMILAR**

Big's In the Still of the Night = (**SIMILAR**) Winco Fireworks Fiesta **= DOMINATOR MEGA MINI**

Quote Originally Posted by jonkelley82 View Post
    I was told the exact opposite. If I remember correctly, it was BIG's themselves that told me that the WC Excals were made by megabanger. Megabanger pretty much made eveerything that was WC. Megabanger also made all of the bigs shells in question. They were indeed "excals", and they simply pasted big's wrapper on one shell and a WC wrapper on another. This was all before the big split between Jakes/WC & Megabanger. From what little I know Jakes now owns their own factory in China, and that is partially why Megabanger jumped on board with BIG's. With that being said, Megabanger is still making original "excals" for bigs, just under another name and wrapper.
    I agree with your assesment. however the modern day Excal ( both styles) are made in the same factory. Megabanger is making the exterminators which are in fact the excals of old. spawning off that came Bigs pro shells,and Bada Booms canisters both of them being mixed kits of exterminators. and no two kits are the same.the exterminators are 24 different shells and all kits identical. IMO not really rewraps just plain brown paper shells put in different packaging( pro shells and bada boom shells)
    Last edited by fireworksman74; March 31st, 2011 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonkelley82 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fireworksman74 View Post
    I agree with your assesment. however the modern day Excal ( both styles) are made in the same factory. Megabanger is making the exterminators which are in fact the excals of old. spawning off that came Bigs pro shells,and Bada Booms canisters both of them being mixed kits of exterminators. and no two kits are the same.the exterminators are 24 different shells and all kits identical. IMO not really rewraps just plain brown paper shells put in different packaging( pro shells and bada boom shells)
    OK

I remember the first year pro shells came out and Eric told me that the pro shells were made in the same factory as excels, I didnít believe that for a second. So when going to China the next year one of my goals was to figure it out for myself this mystery. After visiting the Megabanger factory and seeing xcals stacked up in room awaiting being boxed for shipment to the US. What was stacked in piles next to the xcals? Pro Shells.

Prior to the worldclass/megabanger breakup excels were made by Brothers and Megabanger. Bigs is using this Megabanger factory to produce Pro shells, HD shells, RWB x shells and Neon x shells. Megabanger of course also produces its exterminators there and It would not shock me if this same factory will be or is making cans for others as well. This factory does an excellent job or world class thought so it is their #1best seller, a legend in its time.

The current xcals are being produced by brothers. I had an opertunity to see some new xcals the other day and they were excellent. I herd of some troubles with last years production but these stood out from the other cans fired that night.

Big's Big Sexy = WC Pure Seduction = PK Nice Rack ***THIS ITEM WAS MOVED TO A DIFFERENT FACTORY AND IS NO LONGER A REWRAP OF PS OR NR**

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Any idea as to what the performance is now.How many shots.Etcc..

I was really banking on getting this this one again.
    PyroDogs Member
    Canyon Lake Pyros

Yeah i saw that too, I actually already have my case delivered. I was told that it had changed before last year possibly? And I loved Big Sexy last year.

Quote Originally Posted by pogue1000 View Post
    Yeah i saw that too, I actually already have my case delivered. I was told that it had changed before last year possibly? And I loved Big Sexy last year.
    http://www.pyrouniverse.com/gallery2...g_Sexy_107.wmv

Thanks looks like the same one I did shoot last year.Back on list.
    PyroDogs Member
    Canyon Lake Pyros

Quote Originally Posted by pogue1000 View Post
    Thanks looks like the same one I did shoot last year.Back on list.
    If you had the 2010 version it was the new one and was a very nice.

Cool last years was very nice so on my list.
    PyroDogs Member
    Canyon Lake Pyros

Thanks for all the info and confirmations. All of these are now updated. One question for sparky: Big's "Action" was a 500g cake right? I don't see it on their website or pricelist, has it been dropped? I still changed it on the list in the first post of this thread anyway.

Am I the only one that thought Georgie was unbanned when this thread popped up again?
    Quote Originally Posted by BobThePyro View Post
    "I bought too many KOD's."
    I didn't think it was possible for such a statement to exist. I wouldv'e thought the universe would've self-annihilated as the period was typed or something.