Big's Massive American = Dominator Monster/Mammoth Peonie

Big's Massive Brocade = Dominator Monster/Mammoth Brocade

Big's Massive Crackle = Dominator Monster/Mammoth Crackle

Big's Monster Strobe = Dominator Monster/Mammoth Strobe

Big's Massive Strobe Red = Dominator Mammoth Red Strobe

Big's Tao = Winda War Stopper

Big's Party Like A Rock Star = Big's Airstrike

Big's Tall Tails = WC Chasing Tail

Big's Big Sexy = WC Pure Seduction = PK Nice Rack (From 2010 on, "Big Sexy" is manufactured in a new factory and the performace no longer matches PS nor NR)

Big's Prison Break = WC Panther Pride

Big's Triple Play Asst. = WC Best of The Best Asst.

Big's Bringing the Heat = GalaStar First Impressions

Big's Royalty Check = GalaStar Feeding Frenzy

Big's Absolute = WC Not In My Yard = MB Basic Instinct

Big's Spyder = MB Cowboy = Big's Apocolypse Now = WC The Big Package

Big's Done Deal = WC One Bad Mother

Big's Big No No = WC Loyal to None = United Pyro Illegal As Hell

Big's Stone Cold = WC One Bad Mother In law

Big's Pure Energy = WC Trucking Home

Big's Thermal Wave = MB Scorpions = Skyking Black Widow

Big's Dead or Alive (DOA) = WC Above the Law

Big's Triple Treat = MB Punisher

Big's Big Bad One = MB Just Bad

Big's Dante's Inferno =

Big's American Eagle = MB Eagle Focus

Big's Lord of The Rings = WC Rounders = BP Too Cool

Big's Purple Rain = MB Loud & Lavender

Big's (The) Big Problem = Winda Addicted to Loud (Both very similar to Winda Pyro Candy

Big's Fancy Gala = similar to GalaStar Fancy Gala (It has been noted that there is up to a 12 sec. variation between the two, and the shot sequence is different)

Big's Smokin' Aces = Dominator Patriotic Dominance = Big's V.I.P.

Big's Pulp Friction = WC Widow Maker

Big's Bad Ass Biker = WC Chopper/Cycle = MB Scuba Diver = Big's Chronic = GB New Dimension

Big's Code of Arms = Dominator American Steel/American Thunder?

Big's Crypt Keeper = WC Grave Digger (similar)

Big's Wall of Fire =

Big's The Last Stand = WC American Trucker = MB Rock You Baby = Legend Road to the 4th of July (all products will vary in duration)

Big's Sharp Shooter = UP Good to the Last Shot = Dominator Detonator

Big's Felony = WC Flicker (case packing may vary)

Big's Whiskey Tango = Winda Tuff Stuff

Big's Wide angle = Winda Reach For The Sky

Big's The Shinning = Megabanger Ride The Wave

Big's Big Dozen Assortment = Winda/Spirit of 76 Select Series Assortment

Big's American Soldier = Winda Dreamy Night
    Big's Suicide Mission = Winda Palm King
    Big's Behind Enemy Lines = Winda Peony Garden
    Big's Occupied Nation = Winda Native Blue

Big's We Will Rock You = Dominator Rip, Rock & Roll = Winda Amazing Ballet (depending on year of manufacture, the last 3 rows may contain whistles)

Big's B.M.F. = Megabanger Independence Day

2OOg

Big's Feng Kuang = similar to WC Crazy Exciting= Big's Crazy Crouching Tiger
    (Feng Kuang had some QC issues in 2008, and was not quite on par with CE. 2010 unveiled yet another rewrap CCT, I personally have not seen it at time of posting

Big's Riding Hard = WC Sir Vesa/Mr. Gill T

Big's Blue Lightning = MB Blue & White

Big's Full Auto = MB Aftershock

Big's Bright Night's = MB Decorated Hero

Big's High Fidelity = Dominator Neutron Star

Big's Pure Heaven = WC Muy Bonita

Big's Black Thunder = variation of WC Hostile Takeover

Big's Total Annihilation = variation of WC Hostile Takover

Big's Shoebox Asst. = WC Shoebox Asst. (contains "Cast Away", "Get Up & Go", & "Purple Passion")

Big's Crackling Color Palm = WC Crackling Color Palm

Big's Redline = Boomer Power Play

Big's No Fear = simular to WC Fearless

Big's Bling King = Boomer Bada Bing

Big's Dead End = WC Land of the Free

Big's Recoil = WC Wreckless

Big's Molten Lava = BC Warp Speed

Brother's All Star Action contains:
    Brother's Slam Dunk = Brother's Super Stock Car - Brother's Touchdown = Brother's Digital Experiance
    Brother's Grand Slam = Brother's Matrix Pyro - Brother's Hat Trick = Brother's Booming Bobble Heads

Big's In the Still of the Night = Dominator Mega Mini (similar to--->Winco Fireworks Fiesta

Big's Nirvana = Brother's Clipper

Big's 61 Shot Assorted Cakes = Boomer 61 Shot Assorted Cakes

Big's Double Cross = Big's Imminent Threat (diff. case packing/price point)

Big's Wild Hummer = Dominator Rapid Disturbance

Shells

Big's Big Bang = Winda Panic Attack

Big's Pro Shells = WC Excalibur (pre-2010)= MB Exterminator(24 shells per kit, 4 kits per case)

Big's The One = WC Excalibur (pre-2010)= MB Exterminator(18 shells & fiberglass tubes in BIG's kit)

Big's End of Days = WC Super Magnums = MB Liberty (both w/tails & w/out tails)

Big's Double D's = Great Grizzly Big Bad Ass

Big's The Ripper asst. = WC Goliath asst.

Big's M.I.A. Mine Shells = simular to WC Critical Acclaim

Big's Triad = WC Trilogy

Big's X Shells = WC Excalibur (pre-2010)= MB Exterminator

A member suggested this would be a good idea. I agreed, and thought that Sparky would be the man for the job, but he will have his hands full with the buying group each season, so I figured I would take up the task. I will do the best I can. Fell free to comment on other true rewraps if you know of them and I will add them to the list. Some of these I know to be rewraps first hand, while others I have taken from the listing in the Big fireworks buying group thread. Stay tuned.....
    Last edited by jonkelley82; April 3rd, 2012 at 07:13 AM.

Default Re: BIG's/WC Rewrap list

Thanks for the insight.This will be very helpfull.This past 4th I got alot of Brothers and Golden Bear items.Next big buy I want to try alot of World Class items.I just did a small buy from Bigs for a 4000 gram comp board.I only got 3 cases Yang liu, Death Wish and Felony.Most of the World class items I wanted were out of stock.
    PyroDogs Member
    Canyon Lake Pyros

rock you baby isnt bigs product its megabanger. I will also agree feng quang has some quality issues as a few of mine exploded, nice cake though.

Member Array

I realize this is a BIG's/WC Rewrap list, but don't they also have a few Galastar rewraps as well?

Anyone got a breakdown on the BIG's/Galastar items?

Thanks!

Thunderstruck Array jonkelley82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxbear View Post
    Thanks for the insight.This will be very helpfull.
    No problem, It all gets confusing quickly even when you are familar with alot of the rewraps. I hope alot of people find this a valuble purchasing tool.

Quote Originally Posted by shorelinepyro View Post
    rock you baby isnt bigs product its megabanger.
    Thank you -list modified

Quote Originally Posted by lightmyfire View Post
    I realize this is a BIG's/WC Rewrap list, but don't they also have a few Galastar rewraps as well?

Anyone got a breakdown on the BIG's/Galastar items?

Thanks!
    Well that's my fault, I should have never said WC or anything, It should have been titled "Big's Rewrap List", that was a slip of the keyboard and a blonde moment, as 99% of their rewraps are WC/MB product. As far as Galastar goes, I have one listed already. It's the first one on the 500g list.

It might be best to add these to the rewrap sticky thread otherwise this thread will probably be buried far far away where the old threads die

http://www.pyrouniverse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1531

Thanks for putting the list together
    And the #1 reason everyone should like fireworks....
    Who doesn't enjoy a good bang once in a while?

Quote Originally Posted by upNsmoke View Post
    It might be best to add these to the rewrap sticky thread otherwise this thread will probably be buried far far away where the old threads die

http://www.pyrouniverse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1531

Thanks for putting the list together
    I agree that adding to the sticky would give the most repetitive visibility, but that sticky is pretty extensive, I would like to keep this seperate just for BIG's shoppers. I want to keep it as little confusing as possible. I can always bump this thread if need be, and provide the link to people that could use it.
    Last edited by jonkelley82; October 29th, 2008 at 12:31 PM.

Bump, due to the new '09 pricelist from Big's and editing/updating of this thread by jonkelley. Thanks Jon!!

Thanx for doing the work on this. Now I can save some $ so I can spend it on MORE!!

Default Re: BIG's Rewrap List

Quote Originally Posted by jonkelley82 View Post
    5OOg
    A member suggested this would be a good idea. I agreed, and thought that Sparky would be the man for the job, but he will have his hands full with the buying group each season, so I figured I would take up the task. I will do the best I can. Fell free to coment on other true rewraps if you know of them and I will add them to the list. Some of these I know to be rewraps first hand, while others I have taken from the listing in the Big fireworks buying group thread. Stay tuned.....
    JK82, or anyone else, Sparky? ?

any info on Tsing Tao.????

it is on the Big Fireworks site, description might not be quite right as i saw some massive tails/. it had HUGE breaks,
    it is on the 2" finale cake list

i purchased and finally shot some NYE and like them. i cant find video or any talk of them in the forum, etc .
    help on this one. thanks!

gt

any info on Tsing Tao.????
    Here's a video.

http://www.pyrouniverse.com/gallery2...hp?photo=11452

Quote Originally Posted by coachtimmyj View Post
    man i used the PU search tool and Google. how did you get it? browse? this shows the THICK massive tiger tails. from closer up the breaks were LOUD and BIG. seemed way better live.
    thanks for this coach.

No problem Georgie. To be honest with you, I don't know how I dug it up, but I've been pretty successful finding video to pretty much everything I've ever bought. I do spend a ton of time on here searching for vids since I can't just swing by the local fw store and check things out. 'Course my fiance had to get me a new 320 gig external hd for Christmas so I could free up some space and get my computer moving again :-)

As for looking better, I've found that most of the time if it looks good on video, it's awesome live. I really haven't run across something that looked good on video and let me down unless it was a manufacturer demo which I rarely use to judge by. Everything looks good in China!

P.S.-Whenever you're looking for vids for Bigs stuff, start with Tennespeedy's gallery. He videoed most of it last spring and does as good a job as anyone I've ever seen. Good distance back so you can see everything from lift to break. I was probably browsing his gallery when I found it.
    Last edited by coachtimmyj; January 6th, 2009 at 01:40 PM.

I agree with Coachtimmyj...Tennespeedy's gallery is pretty awesome and has wide variety.

I'm curious about the rewrap thing.
    When I look at two products like Sir Vesa and Riding Hard they look similar, but they don't look the same to me.
    When you say its a rewrap, it means "very similar"???
    If I'm not getting exactly the same thing in a different wrapper, why know the rewraps.
    -Randall
    Born Free.

I agree with ya here. Many times things are touted as re-wraps, but they are simply just similar. Maybe different firing patterns, different color, etc. To me, a true rewrap is the same product made at the same factory that just has a different wrapper on it. For instance, I really doubt that Big Sexy or Pure Seduction are made in the same factory as Nice Rack. Nice Rack appears to be a much higher quality cake imo. I'm thinking rewrap means more like a copy than the actual product being "rewrapped". Could be wrong, I have been before, but that what it seems like to me.

As for Sir Vesa and Riding Hard, they are defitely not the same exact cake. I've shot both and personally I think Sir Vesa is much prettier (did I say prettier?).

Many times things are touted as re-wraps, but they are simply just similar. Maybe different firing patterns, different color, etc. To me, a true rewrap is the same product made at the same factory that just has a different wrapper on it.
    True, I agree.

As for Sir Vesa and Riding Hard, they are defitely not the same exact cake. I've shot both and personally I think Sir Vesa is much prettier (did I say prettier?).
    Not sure if I agree with you on that one. I belive that these are true rewraps, from the same factory, same cake, differant label. I have shot both myslelf and I saw no difference between the two. Don't forget that product can vary slightly from batch to batch or from container to container. The only one I'm not 100% sure of is "Mr. Gill T", I don't recall the exact effect/colors, but all three bear the same description: "Blue Stars With Crackling Chrysanthemum Mine." on both jakes' website and Big's. I'm not 100% sure, but I think remember someone said something once upon a time about the "Mr. Gill T" having golden chrysanthemum mine, as Sir Vesa & Riding Hard both are silver chrysanthemum mine.

As for nice rack/pure seduction/big sexy, I can't coment on Nice Rack, as I never get to try any PK product. But I would be very inclined to believe that Big Sexy & Pure Seduction are true rewraps, and that Nice Rack is very simular. Too the point where I think it should be left as a rewrap, and each individual should be able to make their own interpritations.

I hope this helps shed some light on some of the issues that have been brought up. Some items listed above are "simular" and are noted as such. Sparky is working with me on this list and he is trying very hard to get you all the most accurate information as possible. There is alot going on right now, so be patient and check back often

EDIT: Found video of "Mr. Gill T" here: http://www.pyrouniverse.com/gallery2.../Mr_Gill_T.wmv

Still can't make out the color very well, but they are close enough to call rewraps in my book. If someone can say for sure on the color of Sir Vesa/Riding hard vs. Mr. Gill T, then I would change it.

Also, video of Sir Vesa: http://www.bigfireworks.com/video/1535.wmv

And Riding Hard: http://www.bigfireworks.com/video/756.wmv
    Last edited by jonkelley82; January 7th, 2009 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Video links added

I have shot both myslelf and I saw no difference between the two.
    I must have gotten my hands on a crappy Riding Hard because the one I had you could barely tell it was blue stars, but the Sir Vesa was a very nice blue color and I thought the crackling was much fuller. Oh well, shows what I know

I wasn't saying that any of these should be removed from the list, it's very helpful when purchasing product. I just think sometimes the word "re-wrap" gets thrown around a little carelessly, not necessarily with this list in particular.

PyroU members have died fighting about re-wraps and Excals (or it seemed like it anyway).
    www.wafireworks.com Washington's year-round retail fireworks source

www.nwpyro.com Washington's wholesale fireworks source

www.npaclub.org Northwest Pyrotechnics Association

Borrowed from another thread:

www.wafireworks.com Washington's year-round retail fireworks source

www.nwpyro.com Washington's wholesale fireworks source

www.npaclub.org Northwest Pyrotechnics Association

^^^^Well, I'd have to say those are textbook examples of rewraps!!
    Guy walks into the local military recruiting office.
    Sergeant says, "So you want to help defend the country?"
    Guy says, "No, I just want salutes."

Quote Originally Posted by Georgie-Tiger View Post
    man i used the PU search tool and Google. how did you get it? browse? this shows the THICK massive tiger tails. from closer up the breaks were LOUD and BIG. seemed way better live.
    thanks for this coach.
    There are 2 ways to search, the one at the top that says "search" and clicking on "gallery" and using the search there. The 1st one searches threads and sometimes they have links to the gallery if the name of the cake is in the thread. The second one just searches the gallery for pics or vids. Sometimes I find things that are not in the gallery will pop up in a thread since the link to the vid might be on p-review or another sight.

Quote Originally Posted by carguy07 View Post
    There are 2 ways to search, the one at the top that says "search" and clicking on "gallery" and using the search there. The 1st one searches threads and sometimes they have links to the gallery if the name of the cake is in the thread. The second one just searches the gallery for pics or vids. Sometimes I find things that are not in the gallery will pop up in a thread since the link to the vid might be on p-review or another sight.
    thanks carguy i understand that. wish i knew the rules of the 2 different search points. i eventually got Tsing Tao as a search result from Gallery Search. i thought someone mentioned the top (post and gallery) search you had to have 3 keywords? plus if you are looking for "Sky Puke" and not SKy or Puke do you quote? if you are looking for Pyro well you need 2 more words. they give hints of keywords when you miss. they should actually list the search rules. are the semantics of the search engine and special characters etc listed anywhere ?

I Have written a lot of search algorithms in my days - 20 + years as a programmer! now a lowly project manager

Gotcha, sorry it took me a while to figure out there were two searches on here. The gallery is not too bad since there are not that many things in it that will pull stuff you don't want. But your right, type sky puke in the thread search and you will get every thread with both words.

Probably the best thing for any of us if we can't find something is put up a thread looking for it. Within an hour or two you will have 10+ guys hunting for it using what ever search "skills" they have. One of the many things that makes this place so cool.

Default Re: BIG's Rewrap List

[Big's Synchronisity = WC America's Rhythm

I may be wrong but the list says that Big's Synchronisity and the WC's America's Rhythm are rewraps but to me the cakes have very little similarity if any.

Big's http://www.pyrouniverse.com/gallery2...hp/photo/12099

WC's http://www.pyrouniverse.com/gallery2...php?photo=2526

So is the video of Riding Hard video just lousy, or not really visually accurate?
    Judging by the two videos, if I wanted what I see in the Sir Vesa video, and got what I see in the Riding Hard video, I'd be p.o.'d.
    Is Riding hard better than the video?
    It's a $13 dollar difference in case prices, but I would pay more for the better.
    Sorry for the highjack, I should have started a new thread. I'm thinking of picking up mighty cobra/cobra strike and sire vesa/riding hard for a cheap thrills.
    Born Free.

Is Riding hard better than the video?
    The Riding Hard I got sucked even worse than the video did (hard to believe huh) which is why I originally posted I didn't believe these were made by the same factory. Others have posted they are the same. I would highly recommend Sir Vesa for a cheap fronts cake. I bought a case last year and will do so again. Cheap price, nice cake.

Code of Arms is a rewrap of American Steel not American Thunder. They are close but the color combinations are different.
    Pennsylvania Pyro Artists
    TYPE 54 BATFE PERMIT HOLDER

2010 FINALE.......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4SF3vm8Fsw

Quote Originally Posted by shortfusejay View Post
    Code of Arms is a rewrap of American Steel not American Thunder. They are close but the color combinations are different.
    I am strickly judging by video here, as I have lit none of these in person. The vids of COA and American thunder look very simular, while American Steel looks like neither. Are these vids of the wrong product?

Code of Arms: http://www.bigfireworks.com/video/1681.wmv
    American Thunder: http://dominatorfireworks.com/500G/D...an_Thunder.wmv
    American Steel: http://dominatorfireworks.com/500G/D...an_Steel-l.wmv

Here is a vid of American Steel. You can see that the breaks are of a different color than American Thunder. Funny though........the vid on Dominatros sight is not right either..........changed the effect perhaps???
    http://www.pyrouniverse.com/gallery2...php?photo=4047

http://www.pyroreview.com/gallery/da...ican_Steel.wmv

Actually these 2 vids are supposed to be the same piece and the second one looks more like American Thunder.

I think we may both be right depending on which you get LOL.
    Pennsylvania Pyro Artists
    TYPE 54 BATFE PERMIT HOLDER

2010 FINALE.......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4SF3vm8Fsw