Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Revision of Ohio Consumer fireworks Laws -- Please sign and forward

Default Re: Revision of Ohio Consumer fireworks Laws -- Please sign and forward

Sitting at 94, lets see how many more we can get today.
    Where's the @$#@# fuse on this thing???

100 so for at the time of this post
    Shake The Pillars Of Heaven!

Member NEOPG

103 and counting : ) sweet

Light up the sky! Array PYROBOOM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by craigdog View Post
    103 and counting : ) sweet
    I just eamiled about a dozen friends and 4 of them already signed it. If every person did this on this list we would have 400-500 in no time.

I addition I just finished up about 8 emails to Ohio Senators and House members.

Thanks craigdog!
    PGI Member PYROBOOM, LLC

U da man E. Keep it up

113 and counting, I posted it on passfire. Anyone have any other forums or newsgroups where we can drop this?

I posted it on the PGI email mailing list so hopefully that will generate some more support from Ohio PGI'ers.

OldPunk

Looks like we're up to 133 so far. I know that there are alot of people in Ohio who love fireworks. I 've been trying to think of other ways to get the word out. Any other ideas?

yes, put some sort of video on you-tube. i would, but then i don't really feel like making a short video. you could make it and i could put it up for you guys...
    www.youtube.com/gsrgopedrider247
    visit my you-tube channel, i have over 150 videos and counting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ALLREDFIRECRACKERS View Post
    Looks like we're up to 133 so far. I know that there are alot of people in Ohio who love fireworks. I 've been trying to think of other ways to get the word out. Any other ideas?
    I made a text message and sent it to everyone in my phone book on my cell.

Theres a few ppl. on there from that alone.

Member NEOPG

Quote Originally Posted by gsrgopedrider247 View Post
    yes, put some sort of video on you-tube. i would, but then i don't really feel like making a short video. you could make it and i could put it up for you guys...

OK guys, I was kind of throwing the YouTube idea around and made up something real quick for the hell of it. So here it is in my gallery.

You Tube Video Petition (version 1)

I was going to post it but I wanted some input first.

And if some of you ask, whats up with the song...well all I can say is you just have to live in Ohio.
    http://www.ohiohistorycentral.org/entry.php?rec=1878

Member NEOPG

Looks awesome, I did notice appreciate was spelled wrong, so fix that and get it posted my man. Great Job.

I liked it. I would maybe slow the part where you have the most reading to do. I had to watch it twice to read the part I miss. Maybe I'm just a slow reader? Also, I just wondering if there was a way to make it a link where you just click on the address?

Not trying to be the spelling police, but if u are going to post it, might as well fix these too:

"rediculous" should be "ridiculous"
    and
    "god givin'" should be "God given"

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by craigdog View Post
    Looks awesome, I did notice appreciate was spelled wrong, so fix that and get it posted my man. Great Job.
    Thanks. Good eye man.

I liked it. I would maybe slow the part where you have the most reading to do. I had to watch it twice to read the part I miss. Maybe I'm just a slow reader? Also, I just wondering if there was a way to make it a link where you just click on the address?
    Adjusted.

You are not a slow reader; I understand what you meant.

I changed some wording, also. Instead of
    "let's do something together that will change a law that many Ohioans do SAFELY..."

I took out the second "that" and flows better while reading it. So now it reads:
    "let's do something together that will change a law many Ohioans do SAFELY..."

I changed it to all of those like that in the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by russell View Post
    Not trying to be the spelling police, but if u are going to post it, might as well fix these too:

"rediculous" should be "ridiculous"
    and
    "god givin'" should be "God given"

Hope that helps
    Fixed. And you are not being the spelling police. Something like this, should be checked for spelling errors. That is why I posted it here first so If anyone sees something I didn't. Thank You.

I also changed:
    "And to EDUCATE on it's proper handling and use"
    to:
    "And to EDUCATE on it's proper use and handling"
    Just seems to sound better when you read it.

Man, am I glad I posted it here first. I must have gone through this a dozen times and never once saw any of this. But hey, it was 2 am. What I think is OK, another might see someway it can be changed to make it better. And ALLREDFIRECRACKERS, you are not a slow reader. I changed some of the wording. The way I had it, it was too cumbersome, sort of a tongue twister. Hopefully now, reading it will have more fluidity to it.

Thank you all for the critique.

OK, here is the revision, let me know what everyone thinks. I think this version will fly:

You Tube petition revised

Member NEOPG

That seems alot better. I was just wondering what the tiltle was gonna be? Thinking that the word "fireworks" should be in the title so when people do a search that is fireworks related then this might show up in the search.

That seems alot better. I was just wondering what the tiltle was gonna be? Thinking that the word "fireworks" should be in the title so when people do a search that is fireworks related then this might show up in the search.
    Right, exactly what I was thinking.

Use key words in the title when searching.

Fireworks in Ohio

Ohio Fireworks laws revision petition

Change Ohio's Firework law's

Any suggestions?

Member NEOPG

This is great. I have one more minor suggestion

our right as an American

maybe change to

our right as Americans

Great job, and thank you for doing this!

Quote Originally Posted by russell View Post
    This is great. I have one more minor suggestion

our right as an American

maybe change to

our right as Americans

Great job, and thank you for doing this!
    So change:
    "...it's our God given right as an AMERICAN..."

to

"...it's our God given right as AMERICANS..."

??

Member NEOPG

^^OK that sounds better I changed that.

I'm going to try and get it on YT shortly.

Member NEOPG

Not sure what the best title would be. We could use more input.

Well here it is...

Fireworks in Ohio - Consumer Fireworks law revision petition on You Tube.

I can edit anything in the text under "info".

Hope it helps.

Member NEOPG

I just checked it out. It looks good. Hope this generates more interest!

Thanks for doing this!!!

One more from me.

Just wanted to bump this thread

...come on guys, everyone losing interest here or what?

We've got so many people on this forum from Ohio, someone has got to have some more ideas. I know there are guys down in southern Ohio (Cincinnati, Dayton) on this forum...where are you?

So here's the latest brain storming on this whole thin. Right now what we need is power in numbers. So I was talking with another forum member who thought of the idea to call Phantom, he spoke with someone from corporate and told them of the petition and the cause, and they seem to be willing to help. They would put a petition at each store, and when Ohioans go in to buy fireworks, they would be invited to sign the petition at the same time they are filling out the "other" paperwork. Now I know the fireworks peak is behind us (the 4th), but there is still Labor Day to contend with. I am working on some other stores in Ohio that might want to do this.

I really think Ohio has a shot this year. There are state senators and district representatives who want this, the state fire marshal is partial to the revising of the law, we just need numbers, alot of signatures if something is presented to the Ohio assembly, and Phantom, as hard as it may be to swallow, is where you most likely would get the numbers.

People, write your district representatives and senators. This link will give you your Ohio Representative and Senator in your district. On the right, under "Locating Legislators", check both boxes, the "House" and "Senate", make sure the zip code radio button is checked, put in your zip+4 and click "GO" and it will give you your Senator and Representative for your district. Note your district is most likely different from your Senator than it is for your Representative.

We need to do this now, to make it happen for next year!

Member NEOPG

I know there are a few fireworks shows on Labor day weekend, perhaps flyers could be given out at these events?

"So I was talking with another forum member who thought of the idea to call Phantom, he spoke with someone from corporate and told them of the petition and the cause, and they seem to be willing to help. They would put a petition at each store, and when Ohioans go in to buy fireworks, they would be invited to sign the petition at the same time they are filling out the "other" paperwork"

See if their email list has a break out by state. I get tons of marketing from them. Heck, send it to the whole list. Who says they have to live in OH. Got to be thousands on that list.

Ya know what? Even though the 4th is behind us, the Phantom idea is a GREAT one. Where do most consumers buy their works? In Ohio, the answer is clearly Phantom.

Also should hit up American fireworks.

And anyone who knows the folks at Millers (yeah stoney, I mean u) should see if they would be willing to help.

Anyone with a retailer nearby should ask the manager/owner to host a petition too. I bet they would be willing to help, it's in their bet interest too.

A quick Google search even, will show us the Ohio retailers pretty quickly. Getting them to spread the word and get involved is absolutely a great idea. Maybe a necessity.

Back to Phantom, heck they are one of the leaders in lobbying for the pyro community and are highly visible especially in Ohio. There should be nothing "hard to swallow" about Phantom helping our cause. They always have (even if we dont like their prices). Let's get 'em to do even more. Heck, they have the ear of the local legislatures, sponsor major sporting events...I would argue that asking them to do more is the best bet. And I suspect they would love to hear fresh ideas to help.

Of course there are those who might say that many of the Ohio fireworks laws were encouraged by fireworks companies in Ohio. You said so yourself, Phantom is where most buy their product....Why would Phantom want to open up the market to competition?

For instance did you know that there are only about 50 licenses for fireworks vendors in Ohio (Phantom holds 11 licenses). No new licenses have been issued for over 20 years because there is a 'moritorium' on issuing new licenses.

These licenses are sometimes called 'Golden tickets"....I would bet that any relaxing of fireworks laws would bring this issue up. And there are plenty of companies who would like to get into Ohio. Maybe you folks should look at approaching vendors outside Ohio.

As has been mentioned in other posts (whenever someone asks about getting a type 54 in Ohio) only license holders can have a storage magazine in Ohio. This makes it very inconvienient for out of state companies to do business in Ohio. - perhaps to benefit Ohio based companies????

For any people who happen to bring fireworks into Ohio. You are in violation of the law just by doing that without an Ohio Out-Of-State Shippers Permit. Again who does this benefit?

For those who are interested in all the wonderful intricacies of Ohio fireworks law. You can get all of the information in the 'RedBook' from the Fire Marshal's office....To count the ways that you are violating the law.....

you can download it here:
    http://www.com.state.oh.us/sfm/2008F...ksRedbook.aspx

Enjoy !!!!

GK
    Last edited by GK; July 25th, 2008 at 12:53 AM.
    Carpe Noctem