Thread: China's Fuses Facing Fizzle

Default China's Fuses Facing Fizzle

Here's the link to the article. Hope everyone's got their stashes secured for this year.

Default Re: China's Fuses Facing Fizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkakid View Post
    Here's the link to the article. Hope everyone's got their stashes secured for this year.

So my question is when will the fireworks companies in China start moving production to other countries? There are other places where people would be thrilled to have the work. Seems to me the time is now. Things don't seem to be getting any better in China for fireworks... Or perhaps better said is that things are getting better in China so people don't need the fireworks industry like they used to.

Member Array

It looks like Mexico might just come in handy after all. Some of their fireworks factories have already hired away some Chinese fireworks experts to help them achieve better quality.
    The economy will get better and America will have disposable income again, one day. We will need someone to take up the slack of fireworks production. That's what it will probably take for the Chinese to reopen all ports for shipping when they realize North America has a new supplier.

Quote Originally Posted by ITCHI View Post
    That's what it will probably take for the Chinese to reopen all ports for shipping when they realize North America has a new supplier.
    Honestly I am not so sure that the Chinese government really cares about the fireworks industry any more. They don't really need it and it seems to be more of a hassle to them now.

I think the answer may need to be in the form of American companies setting up shop themselves south of the border somewhere and then hiring the experts from China to run them. That, in conjunction with developing automation similar to that which the ammunition manufacturers use. Perhaps if the industry as a whole worked together to bring factories closer and shared the cost of getting them up and running we could make this happen.

Is anyone thinking along these lines who has the means to make something happen?