Thread: Loudest Boom?? (Hall of Shame)

Default Loudest Boom?? (Hall of Shame)

I am looking for the loudest boom possible in 1.4 fireworks. Obviously to get the loudest boom does not involve any other effects, just a boom. No color, just a flash and boom. Can anyone direct me in what would be the biggest flash and boom. Last year I had some artillery shells that did this but I have since found out they are no longer allowed to make them. Which I am confused as to why. I wish I have bought more of them last year. Any ideas or help. Thanks!
    Last edited by Colin; July 31st, 2008 at 01:06 PM.

Have fireworks. Will travel. Array JoeRatman's Avatar

Default Re: Loudest Boom??

Closed due to forum rule infraction.

Forum rules:
    http://www.pyrouniverse.com/forumrules.htm

Do not draw attention to currently overloaded items.

Currently, federal law imposes the following limits on 1.4G consumer fireworks:

500 grams of composition in a single item (such as 500 gram cakes)
    60 grams of composition in an aerial shell
    50 milligrams of flash powder in ground salute (such as firecrackers)
    130 milligrams of flash in an aerial salute (such as cake shots)
    Despite this, every year certain fireworks are manufactured (sometimes intentionally, sometimes not) with more than the allotted amount of composition (most commonly aerial devices that contain more than 130 mg of flash, the composition responsible for loud report). These devices are not considered to be 1.4G, and are known as overloads. Many of these slip past American inspections each year and make it to the shelves of retailers/wholesalers. Because they are labeled and packaged just like every other consumer firework, it is impossible to determine whether or not they are overloaded unless the device is cut open and its powder content measured - though most seasoned pyros can tell just by the sound of the report. Fireworks companies caught selling these - even if they are unaware - can face stiff penalties.

When somebody mentions the name of such any device on the public forum, the authorities read the post, locate the dealer, barge in, confiscate as many items as they can, impose massive fines, and otherwise do their best to shut place down permanently as part of their crusade to end consumer fireworks in America, even if the owner honestly had no idea that his products were overloaded (likely because of a labeling mistake in China). This hurts the owner as well as everybody in the region who bought fireworks from that store, and the subsequent blown-out-of-proportion style media coverage ("Highly explosive stockpile of TNT fireworks found in rural store! Is there a connection to terrorism? More at 11!") further demonizes fireworks, and may even threaten future legislation to legalize fireworks. This has already happened a couple of times on this forum during the last couple of years: somebody posts about an overloaded item located within a very specific geographic region, and within days the local firework dealer gets raided by the CPSC.

Do not solicit suggestions for overloaded items: On the same token, do not post asking for "hard breaking shells", "salute shells", "loud cakes", nor ask for items that are "similar to"/"just like" other overloads (eg, "I'm looking for something just like a thunder king.")
    Since it is "that time of year", any further posts (by any member) that break these rules will be added to this sticky thread.

It is sort of a public shaming of people who don't read the forum rules. Hopefully, this will cut down on the number of these posts that are so numerous "this time of year".
    Last edited by JoeRatman; June 29th, 2008 at 09:34 AM.
    Licensed MN Outdoor Fireworks Operator
    Licensed MN Indoor/Proximate Fireworks Operator
    CDL with hazmat endorsement

Widespread

Default I'm looking for a particular shell from last year

The local shop doesn't carry them anymore. They were LOUD. No break, just a sonic boom. I think they have a army tank on the box? They were the loudest things I've ever heard. Hopefully someone can help me out!

Default Silver Salutes

I apoligize if someone has already made a thread like this if so could you please refer me to it. i am wondering were you can buy silver salutes that are the closest as possible to an m-80 i recently got some from ******* but i seem to think there not as strong as they can be made... Also were is the best price for them as i paid $** for ** of them at ********
    Last edited by JoeRatman; June 30th, 2008 at 05:24 PM.

Member Array

Default Re: can i ask this question?

Dustin

Trust me, xxxx by xxxx is the best salute cake I've seen. xxxxxx has one called xxxxxxxx thats pretty good also
    Last edited by JoeRatman; July 3rd, 2008 at 10:09 PM.

Member Array

Default Looking for recomendations

For any repeater or anything that is LOUD, good reports or hard breaks, things that are going to make my neighbers say "What the #### was that"! Thanks for any input

Default Re: Loudest Boom?? (Hall of Shame)

It is starting again, already. So I am reviving this "Hall of Shame" thread.

Member Array

.... anything you can recomend for any loud and hard breaking repeaters?

Would like some recomendations or opinions for loudest and hardest breaking cakes, thanks for any input.

[Mod: 2 more over load posts. Total of three in three days. Some people just don't get it.]
    Last edited by JoeRatman; March 15th, 2009 at 06:33 PM.

Hey could anyone tell me where to find salute fireworks...and I mean GOOD salute fireworks for a display. I don't care if it is repeaters or shells or whatever...I just cannot seem to find them near me except for single shot "xxxx xxxxxx". Please help. Thanks.

PS I am willing to order over the internet so if you have any online sources please let me know. Thanks again.
    Last edited by JoeRatman; May 22nd, 2009 at 08:28 PM.

Member Array

I'm looking for a loud artillery kit ... I'd even go for a rocket if y'all know of one.
    TIA
    Trent
    Last edited by JoeRatman; June 6th, 2009 at 08:46 AM.

Default unknown firework

Can anyone tell me where I can buy more of these Rockets

Name ******,
    These rockets are the best I have ever seen. 4 feet tall 1/2" thick stick
    1000 feet largest break I have ever seen and loudest also
    yes they do say 1.4G but who knows
    Last edited by stuntborg; June 6th, 2009 at 11:32 AM.

anyone know of any good salute cakes? looking for decent hight and LOUD breaks. need some daylight shells to warn my neighborhood with that the show is soon to come

might shoot a few incorporated into my show as well.

looking to trade some good stuff,for some good stuff.my last screen name was space warp. i am looking for some xxxx,xxxxx,xxxxxx. if you can help pm me thank you
    Last edited by JoeRatman; June 7th, 2009 at 06:48 PM.

Default Re: M60 Crackers

have you guys herd of "xxxxxxxxx xxxxxx" theay are one of the real ones basicly an under the radar version of a m-80
    Last edited by JoeRatman; August 24th, 2009 at 05:12 PM.

Hey guys, I could be putting this in the wrong section but i see that more people are viewing this part of the thread then any others so i thought i'd just post here. Im from xxxxxx and every year i have to go to xxxxxx to get my fireworks. This year im trying to look for something a little better then what i've been getting. I wanna try and find louder fireworks and mortars that actually blow up to its fullest instead of looking half full. I usually spend around 1000-1500 each 4th of july and every year im happy with what i picked out but i want a few fireworks with some special bang to them. I know M80's are illegal but im looking for something like that. Rare and something not everyone on the block has. Theres people in my neighborhood that have those kinds or things but i can only hear them so i cant go and ask them where they get their stuff. If anyone has any ideas of where i can get something bigger and better then the rest of the people please let me know. Any help would be great. Oh and im not going to mexico and going to try and bring things across the boarder.
    Last edited by JoeRatman; March 9th, 2010 at 05:24 PM.

It is starting again, already. So I am reviving this "Hall of Shame" thread.

Default flash powder

I have been hearing alot of flash powder mix but with one is the best for the loudest bang. Bc thats what i wont?

New Member Array

Default whats the difference between these ?

whats the difference between these to

potassium perchlorate (KclO4)

and

potassium perchlorate KNo3

and could i use potassium perchlorate (KclO4) to make flash powder ???

Default What firework is this I see/HEAR them every 4th july

Every Year I hear these bad *ss firework.. Is kinda like the tube shells it shots in the air makes a "flash" and a HUGE i mean ground shacking BOOM. what the heck are those what are they called???

Has anybody heard of xxxxxxxxx 2 inch firecrackers? I just bought a brick of them and was told there not made anymore. I tried to look them up on the web and can't find anything about them. The only thing I found was somebody selling the labels off of them. But all I know is that there way louder than your standard cracker strip.
    Last edited by JoeRatman; June 15th, 2010 at 07:13 PM.

New Member Array

Hi guys,

Just gathering ideas for my next show...What's the loudest cake you have come across?

Member Array

Default Help!!!!!!!! Thunder King!!!!!!!

Does anyone know where I would be able to buy some Thunder Kings or something similar to it? Looking for something loud. I live in xxxxxx if that helps at all. Thanks
    Last edited by tcape; May 4th, 2012 at 06:49 PM.

It's getting to be that time of year, so I thought I'd bump this up to a sticky again.
    AKA "Tim Lawnchair"
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
    Become a supporting member!

I have been into fireworks ever since I can remember and have always used 1.4g consumer stuff... I recently came into possession of a case of lidu 3" shells.. I have never fired professional grade shells and I'm a little intimidated and confused by the fuse..I don't see any kind of traditional visco fuse that I am used to seeing.. I see a plastic thing on there that I assume is for an electronic firing system?? But the other fuse looks like just quick match? How do I safely light these things..I would feel much better if these had a green fuse or something... It also says on the label that these are designed to ignite instantly!! I know these pack a much bigger punch and I want to be safe about using them.. Can anyone help me out? Also I have a single 3" fiberglass tube that I plan to bury in a bucket with sand.. Is this a sufficient and safe way to fire these? Any advice tips is greatly appreciated..

Default Re: 1.3G newbie..help please

Sleven, and I intentionally left out "Lucky" because if you are not super careful with what you have in your possession, you will not be so lucky anymore. I almost deleted the thread since it is clear you are not licensed and cannot legally possess these shells, but thought if I deleted it this close to the 4th, you most certainly will go out there and blow your head off not knowing what you have there.

#1, let's start off with, you are in violation of federal law so that means, if you get caught with them, you don't go to jail, you go to prison (along with the guy who sold them to you and with the way things have been going lately, he/she is going for a long time). As a professional, I must advise you to turn those over to either the fire department or police department immediately.

That being said, if you are not going to do what lawfully should be done, morally, I cannot live with just letting you hurt yourself or someone else. First, you need LOTS of room for these shells. The MINIMUM distance required for 3" shells is a 210' radius (fallout area). 300' would be better. Do not allow your friends and family to be anywhere near you when you ignite these shells. You are correct, the plastic thing on the shell leader is for an ematch to be connected to. The other part of the leader IF IT HAS ONE will have a safety cap covering either a short piece of visco or blackmatch into Quickmatch. Yes, quickmatch is as instant as it gets. Do not ALLOW any part of your body over the mortar when you light this visco/blackmatch. If you light it too high, the shell will instantly lift out of the mortar taking with it anything over that gun. We have fired 3" shells through 3/4" plywood and the wood never bounced, leaving a clean hole. Your skull is about the same strength as a piece of plywood, get the picture. Yes, burying the mortar in a bucket of sand is sufficient.

Again, I implore you NOT to use these with your friends and family around without professional help/training. Many people are killed every fourth of july by using commercial product and not being familiar with it.
    Maryland Certified Outdoor Display Operator
    NLPC President
    Member Team Dominator
    PGI Member
    PA Pyro Artists Member
    Minions of M.A.F.F. Pro Am Competition Display

Default Re: 1.3G newbie..help please

Post #24 is probably going to win the Hall of Shame Award for this year. I also included CoachTimmyj's excellent response to post #24.