Thread: Any date restrictions for Virginia?

Default Any date restrictions for Virginia?

Anyone know if there is certine dates you are allowed to light fireworks in VA. Im not sure i am going to be home for the 4th.
    Crackerjack

Default Re: Any date restrictions for Virginia?

I think this may answer your question, indirectly.

Keeping up with fireworks laws
    Article History
    There are updates to this article.
    Jun 30, 2006 5:00 AM (723 days ago) by Megan Snider, The Examiner

WASHINGTON (Map, News) - Just how hands-on your fireworks experience can be this holiday weekend depends on where you are in the Washington area. Restrictions on fireworks vary widely.

» Fireworks are illegal in Alexandria, Montgomery and Prince George’s counties. Included in the ban are ground-based fireworks, sparklers and “snakes.”» Ground-based fireworks in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William counties and Washington are permitted, but with provisions. The District’s policy bans any firework or firecracker that moves, explodes or emits a flame or spark of greater than 12 inches. Sparklers of less than 20 inches and other small, ground-based fireworks are permitted.

» In Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William counties, fireworks that explode, emit flames or emit sparks greater than 12 feet are prohibited. Explosives that travel laterally or rise into the air are also illegal.

» In Virginia, aerial firework displays are permitted with a valid permit on state-owned sites only. A separate application to possess or detonate fireworks must be filed and approved by the Virginia State Fire Marshal.

» In Alexandria, displays are allowed only if the site has a permit granted by the city’s Code Enforcement Bureau.

» Aerial displays in Maryland must have obtained permits from the State Fire Marshal.

Violators of the state law will face a penalty of up to $250 for each offense.

A violation of Virginia’s State Fire Prevention code is a misdemeanor. Violators face up to one-year imprisonment and/or a fine of $2,500.

In the District, violators face prosecution and fines up to $1,000.

Sounds like a celebration of freedom if you ask me LOL Virginia used to be all fireworks were legal, LAME.

well i dont live in any of those place and S&S is legal where i am. so, thanks but im afraid that doesnt answer my question.
    Crackerjack

Member Array

From what i've read Virginia is S&S only.

i am aware that va is s&s only, i just wanted to see if there is any restrictions thats says you can light anything after the 4th.
    Crackerjack

If you are in an area that allows safe and sane then there is no restriction for them.