Thread: top shelf and total blast

Default top shelf and total blast

Is there a difference? I have been reading alot on how everybody thinks these are the best balls shells, what do you think.

Default Re: top shelf and total blast

Quote Originally Posted by saltflat View Post
    Is there a difference? I have been reading alot on how everybody thinks these are the best balls shells, what do you think.
    Check out this thread...

http://www.pyrouniverse.com/forum/sh...ight=top+shelf

These are different shell kits and as I understand it, Top Shelf is better shell. According to some, they break as big as the premium canister shells but, since they are ball shells, they break more spherically. I will be trying these out for the first time in my 1.4 display this 4th. If they are half as as good as the hype, they should make for a good display.
    Impact Pyro, Inc.
    Tennessee Certified Outdoor Display Operator
    BATFE 54 - User of Explosives
    PGI Member

I've actually heard that they are indeed essentially the same shell. However, there appears to be some issues with some of the Total Blast cases this year due to a shortage on some supplies in China. So there are "mixed" shells in some of the Total Blast cases. Its probably worth the extra $10 a case for the Top Shelf. But if what i've heard from the many people i've talked to is true, they're basically the same shells.
    Licensed WA State Pyro
    A Life Without Fireworks Is
    Not One I Want To Live
    "It's a grand grand science Pyrotechnics." - George Pimpton

Top Shelf and Total Blast are the same shells, many of the FX cross over between kits, Top Shelf cost more because of the fancy retail packaging....go with Total Blast, good shells.
    Dominator Fireworks China Fireworks Manufacturer email ed1@dominatorfireworks.com
    The St Louis Shoot check it out! www.stlshoot.com

I bought 8 cases of Total Blast this year that's how much I like this Kit.
    MoPyro Member
    PGI Member
    Check it out www.stlshoot.com
    All The Right Stuff
    www.getwinda.com

Quote Originally Posted by shrapnel View Post
    Top Shelf and Total Blast are the same shells, many of the FX cross over between kits, Top Shelf cost more because of the fancy retail packaging....go with Total Blast, good shells.
    Your recommendation of Top Shelf is one of the reasons I got some for this season. But, as I recall, you also said that Top Shelf were slightly better than Total Blast. But now you're saying that the difference in the two is really just the packaging. Can you clarify?
    Impact Pyro, Inc.
    Tennessee Certified Outdoor Display Operator
    BATFE 54 - User of Explosives
    PGI Member

MOM.....correct, when I first shot these kits I paid more for the Top Shelf so in my mind I thought they were better...lol but have since learned they are the same shells.
    Dominator Fireworks China Fireworks Manufacturer email ed1@dominatorfireworks.com
    The St Louis Shoot check it out! www.stlshoot.com

I bought and shot these for the first time this year (and will shoot more) and they are good value shells. I did have a few top shelf shells lift charge sections separate from the ball in the packaging (3 out of a case) -- minor matter. I would buy again.