Thread: Help me plan a $2-300 board from Bigs.

Default Help me plan a $2-300 board from Bigs.

I only shoot a few 1.4 things at a time but my buddy wants to build a board for a up coming get together. He wants me to put it together and can spend $200. I can most likely get 300 out of him if needed. I only need a 4-5 show. I have no clue as to what product works with others. I am not a artsy kind of person. I can appreciate a good effect but as to what works with others I have not a clue. I think 200's up front next up 500's then a rack of shells with a good sprinkler in front of the rack. Are a couple 500 G foutains any good for a start?

I hate being the new guy. R.K
    BATF Type 54
    Type II mag

Calm Before the Storm! Array frogtoad25's Avatar

Default Re: Help me plan a $2-300 board from Bigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperman View Post
    I only shoot a few 1.4 things at a time but my buddy wants to build a board for a up coming get together. He wants me to put it together and can spend $200. I can most likely get 300 out of him if needed. I only need a 4-5 show. I have no clue as to what product works with others. I am not a artsy kind of person. I can appreciate a good effect but as to what works with others I have not a clue. I think 200's up front next up 500's then a rack of shells with a good sprinkler in front of the rack. Are a couple 500 G foutains any good for a start?

I hate being the new guy. R.K
    I don't know bigs product well but will add some ideas to a board type.

Depends on the type of get together and crowd and designer wants. I would start with something to grab attention, like a mine effect or something short and loud and fast or a nice fountain start. Ive always like the fountain to aerial effect because it adds a surprise effect to a start (blue stars w/ report comes to mind). Then go with the weak 200gs moving into either a mix of good 200gs or weak 500gs then into the heavy hitters and finale of maybe a rack or two of decent shells.

EDIT: The point of a small show board and mostly all shows, is to big from weak effects to greater bigger stuff. So small 200g in front to the 500g. As far as effects, depends on what you want, and see. Look at the products and try to find the vids of some you are interested in and can afford. Then just put them in an order that looks good to you. Unless you are going for a real high class show, the matching of effects to close isn't needed
    Last edited by frogtoad25; May 18th, 2008 at 06:50 PM.

That was my thought aslo. i just dont know how the effects will work together. All this is bought at our price, just to clarify. Timing I can get latter. I have slow and fast visco,QM,SM and a few EM to get is going.
    BATF Type 54
    Type II mag

Calm Before the Storm! Array frogtoad25's Avatar

For the finale you could get a sprinkler cake, allow it to fire alittle then top it with a similar matching items. Such as a blue on blue effect or gold on gold effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperman View Post
    Are a couple 500 G foutains any good for a start?
    Don't bother with 500g fountains, they last forever, but cost a lot more and usually aren't any better. If you want fountains, get regular 200g ones...
    Acting President of Northwest Pyrotechnics Association: http://npaclub.org/
    New host for my blog: http://rpspyro.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by frogtoad25 View Post
    I don't know bigs product well but will add some ideas to a board type.

Depends on the type of get together and crowd and designer wants. I would start with something to grab attention, like a mine effect or something short and loud and fast or a nice fountain start. Ive always like the fountain to aerial effect because it adds a surprise effect to a start (blue stars w/ report comes to mind). Then go with the weak 200gs moving into either a mix of good 200gs or weak 500gs then into the heavy hitters and finale of maybe a rack or two of decent shells.

EDIT: The point of a small show board and mostly all shows, is to big from weak effects to greater bigger stuff. So small 200g in front to the 500g. As far as effects, depends on what you want, and see. Look at the products and try to find the vids of some you are interested in and can afford. Then just put them in an order that looks good to you. Unless you are going for a real high class show, the matching of effects to close isn't needed
    If you like the idea of fountain to aerials BIGs sell a pretty cool "hybrid" cake called Ghost Ryder. There is video of it somewhere on here, check it out.